🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Only in Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's start with the notion that Carter "betrayed" the Shah. The fact was, most Iranians wanted the Shah gone. They were tired of him living large while they saw little of Iran's Oil Wealth, they were tired of the Savak, his Secret Police.

Here's a wiki on the SAVAK, and the things they did to Iranian dissidents.

Now, I will admit that Carter's position on "Human Rights" was a bit naive, but it came from a reasoned place, that we had allied ourselves to a lot of bad actors during the Cold War, The Shah, Somoza, Pinochet, which made us hated in much of the world.

There was simply nothing anything any president could have done to "save" the Shah. Send in troops? Yeah, funny thing, that's what we tried to do in Vietnam for 8 years, and Americans weren't too keen on trying that shit again.

Secondly, it is pure ignorance to blame The War on Terror on events in Iran. Most of the bad actors related to GWOT are SUNNI Muslims. Khomeini and his followers are SHI'ITE Muslim. In fact, the worst actor on the board was Usama Bin Laden, who we armed and funded when he was organizing groups of ARABS to fight in Afghanistan.

More generally. The ONLY reason why the Middle East "Costs us lives" is because we insist on interfering in it. We had little problem with the region before WWII. We weren't involved. We weren't picking the wrong side in their fights over how many Imams could dance on the head of a pin.

Our middle east policy is one of sticking our hands into a hornet's nest, and then complaining about getting stung.

If a competent President had been in office, instead of Carter, the Shah would probably have been saved. If not, at least the rise of the Khomeniacs would have been prevented or contained.

It is unimaginably ignorant—even by JoeB131 standards—to deny the connection between the rise of the Khomeniacs, and the pestilence of extreme Islamist terrorism that it ushered in. Yes, among the various factions of extreme Islamists, there is much hatred and violence between them against one another; the only thing that they hate more than each other is everyone outside of Islam, especially us.

On just one day, 11 September 2001, about three thousand American lives were lost in an Islamist attack that would not have happened if the Khomeniacs had been stopped or contained, back in the 1970s.

How many DECADES have they been repeating the damn LIE of 11 Million? 30 years? With over a million a year sneaking across every year, with 3 - 4 children born to these ILLEGAL ALIENS? And you want to stick with the 11 million figure?

Well, to start with, anyone born here isn't an illegal, they are a citizen.

Secondly, yeah, we haven't had "a million" sneaking over the border in quite some time.

Here's a figure for the number of apprehensions at the border.

View attachment 267056

Now, the Border Patrol believes they only catch 40-55% of those trying, so do the math... it's still nowhere near a million.

Add to that we deport 400K a year, and a large number of them go home on their own volition.

So, no, 11 Million is probably an accurate number.
No, 15 million is a low number. That's why I used it. You think those apprehensions represent the actual number of people who entered? There's 1954 miles of Mexican border. and the numbers crossing right now is incomprehensible. So far, we have only 850 miles with barriers and 1103 with nothing. We will have a flood of people seeking a hasty entrance until we have 15 miles with nothing. We have to stop the insanity at the border. And we have to stop illegal voting.

Do you understand that drug abuse really f•••s up one's life? Regardless of whether it is legal or illegal, it nearly always produces a very bad outcome. Whether that outcome is spending much of one's life in jail, or in poverty due to being unemployable, or dead on the streets from an overdose, the outcome is never good.

I agree. The problem is, we are treating a medical problem (addiction) like a criminal one. We've gone from having 500K people in prison to 2 million in prison. We spend 90 billion a year on the Prison-Industrial Complex.

If “millions are in prison because of Reagan's drug policies”, it's not Reagan's fault that their lives are f•••ed up; it's their own fault, for abusing drugs. If they weren't in prison, their lives would still be f•••ed up, just in different ways. One way or another, that's what drug abuse does.

Probably a hard concept for you to grasp, as you belong to a racist cult, but you are ignoring the racist aspect of the "War on Drugs".

Why isn't Rush Limbaugh in prison. Caught red-handed abusing drugs and trying to illegally acquire more. Cindy McCain? Nope, she got rehab, too. Jamal Washington? Throw his black ass in prison!!!

But for some reason, you can't see the problem.

Do you understand that drug abuse really f•••s up one's life? Regardless of whether it is legal or illegal, it nearly always produces a very bad outcome. Whether that outcome is spending much of one's life in jail, or in poverty due to being unemployable, or dead on the streets from an overdose, the outcome is never good.

I agree. The problem is, we are treating a medical problem (addiction) like a criminal one. We've gone from having 500K people in prison to 2 million in prison. We spend 90 billion a year on the Prison-Industrial Complex.

If “millions are in prison because of Reagan's drug policies”, it's not Reagan's fault that their lives are f•••ed up; it's their own fault, for abusing drugs. If they weren't in prison, their lives would still be f•••ed up, just in different ways. One way or another, that's what drug abuse does.

Probably a hard concept for you to grasp, as you belong to a racist cult, but you are ignoring the racist aspect of the "War on Drugs".

Why isn't Rush Limbaugh in prison. Caught red-handed abusing drugs and trying to illegally acquire more. Cindy McCain? Nope, she got rehab, too. Jamal Washington? Throw his black ass in prison!!!

But for some reason, you can't see the problem.

Joe the "Mail Order Bride" caller--you really need to STOP telling people they are racist.

If a competent President had been in office, instead of Carter, the Shah would probably have been saved. If not, at least the rise of the Khomeniacs would have been prevented or contained.

Okay... how? This is a simple question, how could a president have "saved" the Shah from THIS?

upload_2019-7-1_4-42-56.jpeg

His own people were against him, his own military refused to fight for him. Not a one of them said to themselves, "Well, I was kind of on the fence, but once Jimmy Carter refused to back him, screw it, we are throwing him out!"

It is unimaginably ignorant—even by JoeB131 standards—to deny the connection between the rise of the Khomeniacs, and the pestilence of extreme Islamist terrorism that it ushered in.

But you haven't made that connection yet. Al-Qaeda wasn't founded by Iran. It was founded by the US CIA recruiting and arming thousands of young Arab men to go to Afghanistan and fight the Russians because they might teach girls how to read. The main reason for this was that the CIA really didn't have anyone who spoke Pushtan or Tajik or Uzbek or understood the tribal dynamics of Afghanistan, but man, or man, they had Arabs willing to fight the Russians over religious reasons.

Then when the war was over, for some reason, the Arab world really didn't want these guys to come home.

Yes, among the various factions of extreme Islamists, there is much hatred and violence between them against one another; the only thing that they hate more than each other is everyone outside of Islam, especially us.

Which has nothing to do with Iran and everything to do with our policies. When Bin Laden issued his three reasons why he did 9/11, they were 1) Our war on Iraq. 2) Our occupation of Saudi Arabia and 3) our support of Israel. Not a one of those things had anything to do with Iran.

On just one day, 11 September 2001, about three thousand American lives were lost in an Islamist attack that would not have happened if the Khomeniacs had been stopped or contained, back in the 1970s.

No, we lost 3000 people because Ronald Reagan decided to arm THESE Guys.

upload_2019-7-1_4-50-36.jpeg

Joe the "Mail Order Bride" caller--you really need to STOP telling people they are racist.

Yes, because Mail Order Brides only come from one part of the world.

It was a racist slur aimed at a minority woman on this board, Joe. You're a blazing hypocrite who should never, ever, ever dare to call anyone racist on this board again. Worse, you thought it was so funny....just such a hilarious joke. Get lost

No, 15 million is a low number. That's why I used it. You think those apprehensions represent the actual number of people who entered? There's 1954 miles of Mexican border. and the numbers crossing right now is incomprehensible. So far, we have only 850 miles with barriers and 1103 with nothing. We will have a flood of people seeking a hasty entrance until we have 15 miles with nothing. We have to stop the insanity at the border. And we have to stop illegal voting.

It's a bullshit number. The Border patrol admits that they catch 55% of the people trying to cross and the people they do catch they send back.

Also, you guys have yet to provide any evidence undocumented workers are voting.

Now, the bigger issue here is your apparent morbid fear that a Mexican might move in next door. Funny thing. I've rented to Mexicans, Dated Mexicans, served with Mexicans in the Army. They are some of the best people I've ever known.

150 years ago, some bigot like you said the same thing about the Irish. 100 years ago, some bigot like you said the same thing about the Germans. 50 years ago, they said the same thing about the Poles.

The country turned out just fine, as all the fine Americans named Murphy, Schultz and Kowalski can tell you.

It was a racist slur aimed at a minority woman on this board, Joe. You're a blazing hypocrite who should never, ever, ever dare to call anyone racist on this board again. Worse, you thought it was so funny....just such a hilarious joke. Get lost

It was an absolutely hilarious joke, because that poster is so full of herself, just fucking hilarious.

Not half as hilarious as calling someone who lies about Middle Eastern Customs an "Islamophobic Twat", though. That was comedy gold.

It's a bullshit number. The Border patrol admits that they catch 55% of the people trying to cross and the people they do catch they send back.

Also, you guys have yet to provide any evidence undocumented workers are voting.

Now, the bigger issue here is your apparent morbid fear that a Mexican might move in next door. Funny thing. I've rented to Mexicans, Dated Mexicans, served with Mexicans in the Army. They are some of the best people I've ever known.

150 years ago, some bigot like you said the same thing about the Irish. 100 years ago, some bigot like you said the same thing about the Germans. 50 years ago, they said the same thing about the Poles.

The country turned out just fine, as all the fine Americans named Murphy, Schultz and Kowalski can tell you.

Do you call them "wetbacks" Joe, when you date them? Behind their backs? Or only when they disagree with your political opinions?

It was an absolutely hilarious joke, because that poster is so full of herself, just fucking hilarious.

Not half as hilarious as calling someone who lies about Middle Eastern Customs an "Islamophobic Twat", though. That was comedy gold.

Right. You get to be racist when someone disagrees with your political opinions. Since you are an actual racist, you see racism everyone.

To the board: this is why Leftists call conservatives racists all the time, see. It's what they are, so they assume we are as well.

Do you call them "wetbacks" Joe, when you date them? Behind their backs? Or only when they disagree with your political opinions?

Naw, the funny thing was, when I used to date them, I used to be pretty conservative.

Then I realized the "Conservative Movement' was just about playing us all off against each other to benefit the rich (the REAL enemy).

I've explained this to you a bunch of times, but you really still don't understand it.

Right. You get to be racist when someone disagrees with your political opinions. Since you are an actual racist, you see racism everyone.

To the board: this is why Leftists call conservatives racists all the time, see. It's what they are, so they assume we are as well.

Uh,no, I call racism when I see racist policies, like Bob (a Mormon, who believes that dark skin is a curse from God) having no problem with a policy that throws MILLIONS of people of color into prison and ruins their lives.

Calling an idiot poster a mean name... yeah, I could be nicer. I've tried to be nicer to that poster. It doesn't work.

Naw, the funny thing was, when I used to date them, I used to be pretty conservative.

Then I realized the "Conservative Movement' was just about playing us all off against each other to benefit the rich (the REAL enemy).

I've explained this to you a bunch of times, but you really still don't understand it.

So you were a conservative racist, and now you're a Leftist racist. Okay. We cleared that up. Oh but you're still a bigot, based on that Zombie Jesus cartoon you posted yesterday. See, I can't say true facts about Islam without being called a name to do with my private parts, Joe. But you can post a cartoon degrading my Savior I guess based on the fact that your feelings are hurt that your mom died or....who knows. No one knows.

Joe lives by his own rules, rules that no one else gets to live by, see. I will tell you this, Joe. If ANOTHER man called a liberal woman a "twat" you would cry fat tears about misogyny.

It's sad, Joe. NO one takes you seriously here because of it.

Uh,no, I call racism when I see racist policies, like Bob (a Mormon, who believes that dark skin is a curse from God) having no problem with a policy that throws MILLIONS of people of color into prison and ruins their lives.

Calling an idiot poster a mean name... yeah, I could be nicer. I've tried to be nicer to that poster. It doesn't work.

Not nicer, Joe. You didn't tell her she was stupid or like me, a name to do with her private parts.

You specifically called her a racist name based on her minority status. YOU did that. Not Bob. Not me. YOU did it.

And one more thing, and we'll see then if back to ignore you go. You have to live by the rules you set for others....or at least appear that you're attempting to do so.

If I had posted a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed like you did of Jesus yesterday, YOU. WOULD. LOSE. YOUR. MIND.

What you did yesterday was a thousand times worse than the TRUE FACTS I listed about Islam. It IS TRUE that women in Islam engage in FGM and it was mentioned by the Prophet. That does not make me "Islamophobic" any more than saying some Christians spank their children because the Bible mentions it makes someone an anti-Christian.

However, again, the cartoon you posted is very offensive, ten times so. But somehow, Joe, you don't think you have to live by any rules. You can post stuff like that and it's fine, you're not a "Christophobic twat" because your enemies deserve it.

THis is why people don't want to interact with you. Get it?

So you were a conservative racist, and now you're a Leftist racist. Okay. We cleared that up. Oh but you're still a bigot, based on that Zombie Jesus cartoon you posted yesterday. See, I can't say true facts about Islam without being called a name to do with my private parts, Joe.

You didn't say any true facts about Islam. You repeated a slander that a cultural practice in North Africa that predates Christianity and Islam was a result of Islam, which it isn't.

But Zombie Jesus, that's always funny.

But you can post a cartoon degrading my Savior I guess based on the fact that your feelings are hurt

Besides your attack on my family (Reported), my poking fun at your superstitions is exactly that. If you wanted to talk about how Jesus was a great teacher who told us to treat people like we'd want to be treated and take care of the poor, I really wouldn't have an issue with you. But this craziness that he was your "Savior" because he rose from the dead (supposedly) is truly mock-worthy.

I also think Mohammed's flying horse was kind of silly.

Joe lives by his own rules,

Damn Straight!

If I had posted a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed like you did of Jesus yesterday, YOU. WOULD. LOSE. YOUR. MIND.

No, I really wouldn't. I have much thicker skin than that.

What you did yesterday was a thousand times worse than the TRUE FACTS I listed about Islam. It IS TRUE that women in Islam engage in FGM and it was mentioned by the Prophet.

It was "mentioned", it wasn't condoned. One could read that hadith as a condemnation of FGM. The point I made to you is that

1) The practice is limited to North Africa, where it is practiced by both Muslims and Christians alike.
2) It is not condoned in the Koran
3) The practice predates Islam (we have found Mummies of women were were subject to FGM)

But it gave you another excuse to rag on Islam...so you took it.

However, again, the cartoon you posted is very offensive, ten times so.

Naw, it was funny.

upload_2019-7-1_5-32-38.jpeg

Now, I'm not sure why you guys worship a zombie, but that's on you.

You need to escape your esp, dear. A lie just doesn't cut it when it's up against the truth.

Ergo, I'm giving you a few of these: :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar: for every obfuscation you pull, every little Demmie talking point fibbie you screw people with, and your ever-present anti-Christian hoaxes that come from the atheists' crayola box developed for crooked scrolls you use to disprove tried-and-true human panaceas. You're bound for the Communist promised land of human despair, food shortages, and evaporated opportunities your system snubs, along with the majority of pragmatic but good everyday Americans whom you patronize. Ya big moron.

You need to escape your esp, dear. A lie just doesn't cut it when it's up against the truth.

But you haven't presented any evidence for your claims. the 11.5 million number is the one most sources agree on.

You're bound for the Communist promised land of human despair, food shortages, and evaporated opportunities your system snubs, along with the majority of pragmatic but good everyday Americans whom you patronize. Ya big moron.

Okay, sweetie, here's the thing. I was doing very well when Bill Clinton was in charge, but I used to be one of those right-wingers who thought he should be impeached for lying about a blow job.

Then Bush got in, and two recessions later, I was left with an underwater mortgage, a busted 401K, and a job that paid 25% less than what I had been making. I honestly wish I could say I turned on Bush and the GOP because of Iraq or Katrina, but I really didn't care until his incompetence and malfeasence effected me personally.

Shame on me.

So after having to work two and sometimes three jobs to undo the damage Bush did to my bottom line, I just can't get all that worked up because Trump screams, "A Mexican is going to move in next door to you."

So you were a conservative racist, and now you're a Leftist racist. Okay. We cleared that up. Oh but you're still a bigot, based on that Zombie Jesus cartoon you posted yesterday. See, I can't say true facts about Islam without being called a name to do with my private parts, Joe.

You didn't say any true facts about Islam. You repeated a slander that a cultural practice in North Africa that predates Christianity and Islam was a result of Islam, which it isn't.

But Zombie Jesus, that's always funny.

But you can post a cartoon degrading my Savior I guess based on the fact that your feelings are hurt

Besides your attack on my family (Reported), my poking fun at your superstitions is exactly that. If you wanted to talk about how Jesus was a great teacher who told us to treat people like we'd want to be treated and take care of the poor, I really wouldn't have an issue with you. But this craziness that he was your "Savior" because he rose from the dead (supposedly) is truly mock-worthy.

I also think Mohammed's flying horse was kind of silly.

Joe lives by his own rules,

Damn Straight!

No, I really wouldn't. I have much thicker skin than that.

What you did yesterday was a thousand times worse than the TRUE FACTS I listed about Islam. It IS TRUE that women in Islam engage in FGM and it was mentioned by the Prophet.

It was "mentioned", it wasn't condoned. One could read that hadith as a condemnation of FGM. The point I made to you is that

1) The practice is limited to North Africa, where it is practiced by both Muslims and Christians alike.
2) It is not condoned in the Koran
3) The practice predates Islam (we have found Mummies of women were were subject to FGM)

But it gave you another excuse to rag on Islam...so you took it.

However, again, the cartoon you posted is very offensive, ten times so.

Naw, it was funny.

View attachment 267093

Now, I'm not sure why you guys worship a zombie, but that's on you.

Okay so your position is: all your insults are perfectly fair game. All our insults are -isms.

You are wholly irrational. Back to ignore for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back