Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race

obamacare

Incorrect:

Congress must purchase insurance on exchanges (per ACA) and must provide the employer contribution (per 5 U.S.C. 8901).

The irony: Congress is treated as a unique entity, not because it is exempted from the Affordable Care Act, but because it is the only large employer forced onto its Exchanges.

Congress, the Affordable Care Act, and the Myth of the 'Exemption' | Brookings Institution

Otherwise, the fact that a gay American running for Congress as a republican is ‘historic’ is evidence in of itself of the fact that republicans and conservatives for the most part are hostile to the civil liberties of homosexuals, where a gay democrat running for a seat in Congress would not be considered ‘historic.’

it was historic at one point for dems as well. you can't deny dems had the same attitude as most pubs now have.

Not just about gays.

Oh I didn't know it was San Diego. He might actually win.

The California Teachers Gestapo is already attacking. DeMaio is under open assault by the group that runs the California democratic party.

He probably will win, despite the smear that the filthy democrats are already engaging in, because he need only remind people about the LAST democrat who beat him, Bob Filner. San Diego has had it's fill of democrats for awhile.

Interestingly as I keep scrolling through the discussion, it's only leftists who are shredding him...

No one in SoCal gives a damn that he's gay.

The demagogue party will try and use it against him, but I doubt it will stick. The uber-corrupt teachers union launched attacks in the editorial pages over the weekend, but didn't mention his sexual preferences (yet.)

Putin kicked Obama's ass in Syria. That is neither supporting Putin nor sticking it to Obama. It's recognizing that Obama was stuck. He was, it's a simple observation.

Putin openly calls Obama "танцы гомосексуалист" in the Russian press. It roughly translates to "that flouncing fairy." Putin has utter contempt for Obama.

You don't think the party of Putin will have anything to say about his candidacy?

i've never heard of the party of putin....

what planet do you live on?

Oh I guess I've just been imagining conservatives fawning over Putin the last few months

You're right, you have been imagining things.

Conservatives don't care for Putin at all, we just found it hilarious that the Boy Prez was so easily shamed on the world stage by him.

It does not take a psychic to predict liberals will be disappointed a gay guy joined a party which so clearly hates gays.

Nor does it take a psychic to predict conservatives will serve up the token gay guy as an example of tolerance by right wingers. The gay guy will get disproportionate air time by right wingers every time he says anything even remotely conservative sounding.

I think there are many gays that are waking up to the fact that conservatives are not their enemy....they're starting to see the liberals for what they are. And you guys HATE that! How DARE they turn their backs on you! Lol! You wanna know why? Because libs are full of crap!

It does not take a psychic to predict liberals will be disappointed a gay guy joined a party which so clearly hates gays.

Nor does it take a psychic to predict conservatives will serve up the token gay guy as an example of tolerance by right wingers. The gay guy will get disproportionate air time by right wingers every time he says anything even remotely conservative sounding.

I think there are many gays that are waking up to the fact that conservatives are not their enemy....they're starting to see the liberals for what they are. And you guys HATE that! How DARE they turn their backs on you! Lol! You wanna know why? Because libs are full of crap!

Well, if I were gay and lived in SD, I'd have to ask myself if I was willing to vote for a guy in a party determined that my partner/spouse should not have the same legal standing he'd have if I was straight and he was a she, even though the candidate's views fit with my economic interests. So, to me, the gop's "stand" on homosexuality seems ... stupid.

Well, if I were gay and lived in SD, I'd have to ask myself if I was willing to vote for a guy in a party determined that my partner/spouse should not have the same legal standing he'd have if I was straight and he was a she, even though the candidate's views fit with my economic interests. So, to me, the gop's "stand" on homosexuality seems ... stupid.

What they did to Mitt Romney's gay adviser tells the entire story. It wasn't all that long ago.

Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race

The Republican calls it his "Fix Congress First" plan, which focuses on ending what he calls the nauseating practice of passing bills that exempt lawmakers from the rules they've created.

It's a hit with this audience. "They should get no more than what we get," one lady fumed.

The 39-year-old DeMaio is hardly the first person running for Congress on a platform to change Washington. But he could make history.

If elected, DeMaio would be the first openly gay Republican to take over a seat in Congress.

Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race | Fox News

i would vote for him.

Well, he ran for Mayor here and no one was all over him for being gay.

rdean????

:eusa_whistle:

I sure hate to disappoint another retard yet again, but I am a conservative. And I have been defending gay marriage for quite some time.

The faux conservatives who thump their bibles and attempt to put homosexuality on the same moral plane as pedophilia and bestiality and incest are clearly telegraphing just how much they hate gays. So it is only natural that people are going to ask why a gay politician would join a party overflowing with such hateful, ugly people such as that.

It won't be because of those assholes. It will be because of people like me.

Nice try. FAIL.

Last edited:
I sure hate to disappoint another retard yet again, but I am a conservative.

Of course you are. Your undying support of Obama, voter fraud, higher taxes, and class warfare make that really clear!

You, RW, and Fakey Jake, nearly as conservative as Uncle Joe Stalin...

And I have been defending gay marriage for quite some time.

You mean, you have supported the counter-culture war on families in hopes of dismantling the nuclear structure as an impediment to the predominance of the state as the focal point of loyalty.

Damn, Pol Pot might have been a bit more conservative than you, but, um, well...

The faux conservatives who thump their bibles and compare homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality and incest are clearly telegraphing just how much they hate gays.

How about the rational people who don't care at all about who another has sex with, but have no desire to alter the laws of the nation to please a small special interest in payment for votes for the DNC?

But hey, getting dims elected is job 1 for you - always.

So it is only natural that people are going to ask why a gay politician would join a party overflowing with such hateful, ugly people such as that.

Maybe because he is financially successful and wants to get your grubby hands out of his pocket?

You democrats do tend to steal everything that isn't nailed down.

It won't be because of those assholes. It will be because of people like me.

ROFL

Sure Comrade - you're just what the GOP needs. Only Barack Obama himself does more to help the GOP.

Nice try. FAIL.

Irony...

I sure hate to disappoint another retard yet again, but I am a conservative.

Of course you are. Your undying support of Obama, voter fraud, higher taxes, and class warfare make that really clear!

You clearly have me confused with someone else. I support none of those things. You know, when people act stupidly and make up lies, and I stomp them down, only a retard like yourself wold make the mistake of thinking that means I support whoever or whatever you were being stupid or lying about. I don't support any of those things you mentioned, I just oppose the lies and stupidity which are the tactics often surrounding those issues.

The truth always comes first for me. The sooner you retards learn to start telling the truth and learn how to think, the sooner you will start getting ahead. But you are trapped in a paradox of being too stupid and too willing to lie to realize it.

And I have been defending gay marriage for quite some time.

You mean, you have supported the counter-culture war on families in hopes of dismantling the nuclear structure as an impediment to the predominance of the state as the focal point of loyalty.

Wow! What a basket of regurgitated pre-packaged slogans you are! :lol:

Last edited:
You clearly have me confused with someone else. I support none of those things.

ROFL

You are the leading supporter of voter fraud on this board. You demand it in the way LK Eder demands her Obamaphone...

You know, when people act stupidly and make up lies, and I stomp them down, only a retard like yourself wold make the mistake of thinking that means I support whoever or whatever you were being stupid or lying about. I don't support any of those things you mentioned, I just oppose the lies and stupidity which are the tactics often surrounding those issues.

:popcorn:

The truth always comes first for me. The sooner you retards learn to start telling the truth and learn how to think, the sooner you will start getting ahead. But you are trapped in a paradox of being too stupid and too willing to lie to realize it.

Yep, you've got everyone fooled. No one realizes that you are a far left loon pretending to be a Republican....

Wow! What a basket of regurgitated pre-packaged slogans you are! :lol:

Great retort, sporky.

What they did to Mitt Romney's gay adviser tells the entire story. It wasn't all that long ago.

Nobody has said there are no anti-gay Republicans. Just like there are just as many Dems that aren't all in lock-step with eachother over issues, I'll bet there are SOME libs that are anti-gay also. I think it was very wrong what they did to him.

Nobody has said there are no anti-gay Republicans. Just like there are just as many Dems that aren't all in lock-step with eachother over issues, I'll bet there are SOME libs that are anti-gay also. I think it was very wrong what they did to him.

Probably. But remember, the Democratic Party is a coalition of many different minorities. It's not 90% white like the GOP.

Forum List

Back