Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race

The most grief this guy will get is from the left homo liberals for daring to come out as a conservative homo.

The most grief this guy will get is from the left homo liberals for daring to come out as a conservative homo.

I can see why gays would oppose a gay candidate who is choosing to bolster the group that wants them subjugated.

Assuming I remember correctly that DeMaio (sp) lost to Filner in the general mayoral election, I wonder how the GLBT vote split.

How would anyone know why the votes get cast? If he wins youll call him a token, if he loses its because the GOP are homophobes.

If it's the GOP who focuses on his homosexuality people will call him a token. When Democrats opposed Herman Cain they were called racists. People are still called woman-haters for opposing Sarah Palin. The GOP makes their intent too obvious when they trot out these candidates.

"LOOK! WE HAVE A BLACK GUY, AND HE AGREES WITH US."

"LOOK! WE HAVE A WOMAN, AND SHE AGREES WITH US."

Like it or not, his sexuality is going to be an issue, because Republicans make being gay a religo-political issue.

So he is going to be asked why he belongs to a party that won't let him marry another dude and receive the same state and federal cash and prizes that heteros demand for themselves.

If Republicans would let gay couples receive the same government cash and prizes we heteros demand for ourselves, this question would never come up.

Fun times!

How would anyone know why the votes get cast? If he wins youll call him a token, if he loses its because the GOP are homophobes.

If it's the GOP who focuses on his homosexuality people will call him a token. When Democrats opposed Herman Cain they were called racists. People are still called woman-haters for opposing Sarah Palin. The GOP makes their intent too obvious when they trot out these candidates.

"LOOK! WE HAVE A BLACK GUY, AND HE AGREES WITH US."

"LOOK! WE HAVE A WOMAN, AND SHE AGREES WITH US."

It's already the progressives focusing on it. Read the article.

The democrats has no reason to oppose Cain, he never made it far enough. The racism from the left was just good times.

So left trashing conservatives is now translated into they were just beards?

ROFL

"The right" in the form of DNC demagogues and the filthy pukes at MSDNC. The little Goebbels of the left will attack with all the hatred that we always see from you.

Exactly.....gays are ONLY supposed to be Democrats, they're going to tear him apart!

Can I quote you on this when republicans begin to tear him apart?

I'm not a Republican either, but sure. I'm sure there will be some, but I expect many more Democrats tearing into him. What I've heard of this man I like. And guess what, I don't "support" gay marriage. But something most libs can't understand is how someone may not support it, but they also don't hate them. Just because I don't support his lifestyle, doesn't mean the guy isn't likeable and smart enough to do the job. I believe most conservatives feel the same way.

The Republican calls it his "Fix Congress First" plan, which focuses on ending what he calls the nauseating practice of passing bills that exempt lawmakers from the rules they've created.

It's a hit with this audience. "They should get no more than what we get," one lady fumed.

The 39-year-old DeMaio is hardly the first person running for Congress on a platform to change Washington. But he could make history.

If elected, DeMaio would be the first openly gay Republican to take over a seat in Congress.

Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race | Fox News

i would vote for him.

But would you let him marry another dude?

of course. gay relationships are legal, no reason to deny him equal rights.

It does not take a psychic to predict liberals will be disappointed a gay guy joined a party which so clearly hates gays.

Nor does it take a psychic to predict conservatives will serve up the token gay guy as an example of tolerance by right wingers. The gay guy will get disproportionate air time by right wingers every time he says anything even remotely conservative sounding.

Last edited:

The Republican calls it his "Fix Congress First" plan, which focuses on ending what he calls the nauseating practice of passing bills that exempt lawmakers from the rules they've created.

It's a hit with this audience. "They should get no more than what we get," one lady fumed.

The 39-year-old DeMaio is hardly the first person running for Congress on a platform to change Washington. But he could make history.

If elected, DeMaio would be the first openly gay Republican to take over a seat in Congress.

Openly gay Republican seeks to make history in congressional race | Fox News

i would vote for him.

But would you let him marry another dude?

of course. gay relationships are legal, no reason to deny him equal rights.

Would you let them receive the same state and federal cash and prizes as hetero married people?

It does not take a psychic to predict liberals will be disappointed a gay guy joined a party which so clearly hates gays.

Nor does it take a psychic to predict conservatives will serve up the token gay guy as an example of tolerance by right wingers. The gay guy will get disproportionate air time by right wingers every time he says anything even remotely conservative sounding.
It didn't take a psychic to predict that lame bigoted point of view.

Wrong, fiscal conservatives won't care he's gay, we'll care what his positions are. Social conservatives won't like him because he's gay and aren't going to take credit for a gay Republican. For a conservative, you sure don't know anything about conservatives.

Gays belong to you, your venom that a gay is running as a Republican is thinly veiled.

Sooo nothing then...got it.

Thanks

Well, to you, "something" means the inherent truth of liberalism. So no one has anything that you don't agree with.

You cant link to things you "see". I would suggest not trying to determine what I think when you cant back your own claims buddy

Forum List

Back