Opie and Anthony are asking for a revolution...

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
SiriusXM Radio’s Gregg Hughes and Anthony Cumia, hosts of the popular Opie & Anthony Show, blew up on Thursday over the Affordable Care Act’s insurance coverage requirements which have resulted in the cancellations of both host’s plans. They wondered why the American people have not yet engaged in “revolution” over this issue.

Hughes, a married father of two, began by revealing that he lost his health insurance plan recently. He became animated while discussing how difficult the paperwork associated with applying for a new plan appeared to be.

“I don’t know why we’re not having a revolution at this point,” Hughes said. “For the first time in my life, I had perfect health insurance.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/radi...-for-revolution-over-obamacare-cancellations/

There should be a revolution all right. Only directed at private insurers who are using extortion and blackmail to punish people and agitate them against universal healthcare by dropping their coverage "because of Obamacare".

The whole thing is a nightmare because properly, it should have been a quick clean cut right from the get go. Universal heatlhcare and a severence check from Uncle Sam to the private insurance industry. Instead now it's this long slow death where this country knows it cannot afford to be held over a very costly barrel by private moguls with health of people as their hostage. It will never be the same again. It's over. The sooner this can be explained to private insurers, the better off we all will be.

Universal healthcare is like military, police or fire protection. They are paid for with taxes to serve the protection of life and limb of American citizens. Healthcare is the same principle: the preservation of life and limb of American citizens.

Tax sodas, booze, cigarettes and get a small co-pay. Remove the mandate from business to provide health insurance..watch them hire more people and everyone gets health insurance for "free" this way. Those incomes currently going to pay the equivalent of a second mortgage to private insurers then goes right into the economy as disposable income. This creates even more jobs and an even brighter future.

Rip the bandaid off fast There's your revolution.

SiriusXM Radio’s Gregg Hughes and Anthony Cumia, hosts of the popular Opie & Anthony Show, blew up on Thursday over the Affordable Care Act’s insurance coverage requirements which have resulted in the cancellations of both host’s plans. They wondered why the American people have not yet engaged in “revolution” over this issue.

Hughes, a married father of two, began by revealing that he lost his health insurance plan recently. He became animated while discussing how difficult the paperwork associated with applying for a new plan appeared to be.

“I don’t know why we’re not having a revolution at this point,” Hughes said. “For the first time in my life, I had perfect health insurance.”

Radio Hosts Opie and Anthony Call for ?Revolution? over Obamacare Cancellations | Mediaite
Yeah, the Revolution, great times. And in this case it would be a Civil War II, with all that entails. Thanks but I'll pass...

I'll tell you one more thing too. If the GOP beats the dems to the punch on this one, it will look like they were the champions of what is inevitable anyway. Whoever champions universal heatlhcare because of its intense popularity and the intense fear of having it revoked in the future "by that party across the aisle", is the party that will DOMINATE elections from this point on.

Food for thought...

The GOP could sieze the day. Carpe Diem. And they could paint out the dems as "the pussies that always compromise and screw stuff up". They can turn to their private healthcare lobbiests and say "sorry, will this severence check do?"...and "better you than us"...

Let's see who champions universal healthcare [which is inevitable anyway] and who wins the hearts and minds of the American voters forever..

So dopy and pythony have to get plans that actually take care of them instead of them gaming the system, privatizing their profit while socializing the risk.

There should be a revolution all right. Only directed at private insurers who are using extortion and blackmail to punish people and agitate them against universal healthcare by dropping their coverage "because of Obamacare".

The whole thing is a nightmare because properly, it should have been a quick clean cut right from the get go. Universal heatlhcare and a severence check from Uncle Sam to the private insurance industry. Instead now it's this long slow death where this country knows it cannot afford to be held over a very costly barrel by private moguls with health of people as their hostage. It will never be the same again. It's over. The sooner this can be explained to private insurers, the better off we all will be.

Universal healthcare is like military, police or fire protection. They are paid for with taxes to serve the protection of life and limb of American citizens. Healthcare is the same principle: the preservation of life and limb of American citizens.

Tax sodas, booze, cigarettes and get a small co-pay. Remove the mandate from business to provide health insurance..watch them hire more people and everyone gets health insurance for "free" this way. Those incomes currently going to pay the equivalent of a second mortgage to private insurers then goes right into the economy as disposable income. This creates even more jobs and an even brighter future.

Rip the bandaid off fast There's your revolution.

Only directed at private insurers who are using extortion and blackmail to punish people and agitate them against universal healthcare by dropping their coverage "because of Obamacare".

is that so?.....i am a retired federal worker who got a Letter from the Government saying my plans premium is going up and changes on coverage is changing....and i was told dont call the Ins Co. because these are the changes to your plan we are making....some coverage went up others went down even though the booklet i got from the Ins Co on what is covered or not....is now different than what the Govt is covering....

Don't you think that Dem's would have done universal healthcare if it was so popular?
They did not have the votes to pass it, so they passed this crappy bad bill.

I'll tell you one more thing too. If the GOP beats the dems to the punch on this one, it will look like they were the champions of what is inevitable anyway. Whoever champions universal heatlhcare because of its intense popularity and the intense fear of having it revoked in the future "by that party across the aisle", is the party that will DOMINATE elections from this point on.

Food for thought...

The GOP could sieze the day. Carpe Diem. And they could paint out the dems as "the pussies that always compromise and screw stuff up". They can turn to their private healthcare lobbiests and say "sorry, will this severence check do?"...and "better you than us"...

Let's see who champions universal healthcare [which is inevitable anyway] and who wins the hearts and minds of the American voters forever..

How many "uninsured" would it take to make "universal healthcare " single payer"???

So would you cover illegal aliens.. if not subtract 10 million.
Would you cover 14 million people at poverty levels i.e. under Medicaid? Except they are ALREADY covered as they just haven't registered.!
Would you force then the remaining 22 million of WHICH 18 MILLION DON'T WANT or NEED health insurance. They can afford their employers' plans but
don't spend enough to justify.

So when you subtract the above 42 million from the supposedly 46 million that are NOT insured...leaves 4 million!

GREAT! Simple tax the lawyers $270 billion a year income and use the $27 billion to pay each of the 4 million's premium of $5,000!
Solved without destruction of current health care!
Solved EVERYONE has health insurance THAT WANTS it!
Solved Everyone that is an American as Obama said..

So if that happens .. EVERYONE covered that wants coverage!!!

Forum List

Back