Opposition to Gay Marriage - Any Basis Other Than Intolerance and Bigotry?

I contradicted nothing. You really need to be more secure before making statements like that.

I said there were biological ramifications, but not that "marriage exists solely and primarily for and because of reproduction."

God you have your head up your ass.

If I accused you of saying "marriage exists solely and primarily for and because of reproduction," then you might have an argument. However, that is the essential fact of marriage. It wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the biological and social implications of reproduction. Anyone who denies that is either an imbecile or a lying demagogue.

And you did contradict yourself. I'll leave it to the rest of the forum to decide who is telling the truth.

So you repeat the same drivel to support the drivel. Gotcha. You still haven't proven (NOR CAN YOU PROVE) that the essential fact of marriage is

Let's get religious for a moment. You know what St. Austine said about marriage? He said EVERY sacrament (of which marriage is one) was designed by God to cure a particular sin: Baptism - original sin, Marraige - lust, Communion - life time sins, The Last Rites - life time of sins. I explain this, not that you'd ever take it as dispositive, but to show you that there are more fucking justifications for marriage than you have ever dreamt of, Mercutio.

You simply state the same stupid shit over and over and I suspect you're patting yourself on the back. In reality the more you stand obstinate to reality, the stupider and stupider you look.

People can fuck and have kids without marriage. Hell, marriage as a legal concept hardly even controls the birthrate. So again, your so-called purpose for marriage fails.

How many different ways can you be wrong? Seriously. Post again and let's up the count.

I contradicted nothing. You really need to be more secure before making statements like that.

I said there were biological ramifications, but not that "marriage exists solely and primarily for and because of reproduction."

God you have your head up your ass.

If I accused you of saying "marriage exists solely and primarily for and because of reproduction," then you might have an argument. However, that is the essential fact of marriage. It wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the biological and social implications of reproduction. Anyone who denies that is either an imbecile or a lying demagogue.

And you did contradict yourself. I'll leave it to the rest of the forum to decide who is telling the truth.

Your problem is exclusivity. Either marriages are all for reproduction or not. If some are for companionship and partnership (old people, sterile people, those who do not want children) then there is no logic to not allowing Gays to marry

Interestingly weak point considering these two facts:

People don't need marriage to reproduce

People don't need to reproduce to marry.

Dance your way around those facts.....or feel free to give up and start insults again.

You also don't need a license to drive, but the government has decided you have to get one anyway. And people who never drive may still posses a license.

Your argument is obvious horseshit.

Actually one does not need a license to drive. You are absolutely right....as long as one is on one's own property. As soon as you get on PUBLIC roads, you need a license.

So...you want to prove your fail argument more by being insulting more. Go right ahead.

Your problem is exclusivity. Either marriages are all for reproduction or not. If some are for companionship and partnership (old people, sterile people, those who do not want children) then there is no logic to not allowing Gays to marry

That's just plain idiotic. That's like saying a license to hunt dear is pointless if everyone who has one doesn't shoot a dear.

Actually one does not need a license to drive. You are absolutely right....as long as one is on one's own property. As soon as you get on PUBLIC roads, you need a license.

So...you want to prove your fail argument more by being insulting more. Go right ahead.

You don't need a license to drive on public roads so long as you don't get caught. Your "logic" continues to be 100% fail.

You don't need a license to drive on public roads so long as you don't get caught. Your "logic" continues to be 100% fail.

Sure, if you want to break the law. If that's your think....of course that doesn't surprise me in the least.

So...please continue with your silliness.

So you repeat the same drivel to support the drivel. Gotcha. You still haven't proven (NOR CAN YOU PROVE) that the essential fact of marriage is

True, I couldn't prove it to you. I couldn't prove the sun will come up tomorrow to you.

Let's get religious for a moment. You know what St. Austine said about marriage? He said EVERY sacrament (of which marriage is one) was designed by God to cure a particular sin: Baptism - original sin, Marraige - lust, Communion - life time sins, The Last Rites - life time of sins. I explain this, not that you'd ever take it as dispositive, but to show you that there are more fucking justifications for marriage than you have ever dreamt of, Mercutio.

I'm an atheist, so religious "logic" is wasted on me.

You simply state the same stupid shit over and over and I suspect you're patting yourself on the back. In reality the more you stand obstinate to reality, the stupider and stupider you look.

What can one do with a moron like you other than state the obvious over and over again?

People can fuck and have kids without marriage. Hell, marriage as a legal concept hardly even controls the birthrate. So again, your so-called purpose for marriage fails.

Marriage isn't a license to have kids, so your argument is idiotic.

How many different ways can you be wrong? Seriously. Post again and let's up the count.

I could be wrong a million different ways if I was an imbecile like you. However, I'm not wrong. Furthermore, my position is so obviously correct that even children comprehend it.

True, I couldn't prove it to you. I couldn't prove the sun will come up tomorrow to you.

I'm an atheist, so religious "logic" is wasted on me.

What can one do with a moron like you other than state the obvious over and over again?

Marriage isn't a license to have kids, so your argument is idiotic.

I could be wrong a million different ways if I was an imbecile like you. However, I'm not wrong. Furthermore, my position is so obviously correct that even children comprehend it.

Really? YOu've proved that marriage required procreation to be valid? Where did you do that?

That's just plain idiotic. That's like saying a license to hunt dear is pointless if everyone who has one doesn't shoot a dear.

A marriage license is not a license to have children, it is a license for a partnership.

It has nothing to do with shooting a "dear"

Guys, please tell me this guy is fucking with us. No one can be this fucking stupid.

Really? YOu've proved that marriage required procreation to be valid? Where did you do that?

Where have I ever stated that "marriage requires procreation to be valid?"

Liberals are too stupid to even understand the point I'm making, let alone propose a logical valid argument against it.

A marriage license is not a license to have children, it is a license for a partnership.

Marriage is a legal arrangement that protects mothers and children. That's the only reason it exists. No one except the left wing idiots in here claimed it was a license to have children.

Marriage is a legal arrangement that protects mothers and children. That's the only reason it exists. No one except the left wing idiots in here claimed it was a license to have children.

Really?

Where in your marriage license does it mention protecting mothers and children? Where does it mention mothers and children at all?

Marriage is a partnership allowing for sharing your assets And caring for each other for the rest of your life. It has never required procreation

Last edited:

Lie, lie, lie!!:lol:

Marriage laws are about reproduction. Gays can't reproduce.

Anyone with a brain understands that if it wasn't for the fact of reproduction, marriage wouldn't exist.

Really?

Where in your marriage license does it mention protecting mothers and children? Where does it mention mothers and children at all?

Marriage is a partnership allowing for sharing your assets And caring for each other for the rest of your life. It has never required procreation

You continue to misstate the argument because you know your drivel is idiotic. No one ever said "marriage requires procreation." The argument is that marriage exists because of procreation.

Try repeating that 1000 times before you waste everyone's time again.

Lie, lie, lie...............

Anyone with a brain understands that if it wasn't for the fact of reproduction, marriage wouldn't exist.

Lie, lie, lie!!:lol:

Where is it written. The reality of the matter is that you do not have to be married in order to have children. Also, you do not have to have children to be married. Sterile couples can be married. Single peoples can have intercourse and have children without being married. People can adopt children. Gay couples can hire a surrogate mother or a sperm donor.

The old argument that marriage is so that couples can join their DNA together to produce / protect children is lame at best.

Forum List

Back