Opposition to Gay Marriage - Any Basis Other Than Intolerance and Bigotry?

Well, New York has done the right thing. Which brings to mind a question.

Can any person here who is "opposed to gay marriage" come forward and justify their position on the basis of anything other than intolerance and bigotry? Seriously.

Please don't start with "the Bible does not condone same sex marriage." Perhaps it doesn't. So WHAT? Let's say the Bible contained a passage which said: "Marriage is only between a man and a woman. If thou shalt marry one of the same sex as yourself, thou shalt burn in the fiery pits of HELL!" So what? Isn't invoking the Bible just another way of shoving religion down the throats of other people? Yup. In other words, intolerance and bigotry.

No, my friends - we all know what is really involved here, don't we? I am wondering if there is anyone here who has the stones to come right out and tell it like it is: "I am opposed to same sex marriage because I hate gays everything they stand for. No other reason."

Intolerance and bigotry. There really does not seem to be any other reason.

Seems to me like you don't really want to have a discussion. You just want your ideological rivals to admit to being cartoon villains to justify your own prejudices.

Can any person here who is "opposed to gay marriage" come forward and justify their position on the basis of anything other than intolerance and bigotry? Seriously.

Please don't start with "the Bible does not condone same sex marriage." Perhaps it doesn't. So WHAT? Let's say the Bible contained a passage which said: "Marriage is only between a man and a woman. If thou shalt marry one of the same sex as yourself, thou shalt burn in the fiery pits of HELL!" So what? Isn't invoking the Bible just another way of shoving religion down the throats of other people? Yup. In other words, intolerance and bigotry.

No, my friends - we all know what is really involved here, don't we? I am wondering if there is anyone here who has the stones to come right out and tell it like it is: "I am opposed to same sex marriage because I hate gays everything they stand for. No other reason."

Seems to me like you don't really want to have a discussion. You just want your ideological rivals to admit to being cartoon villains to justify your own prejudices.

Oh, good. So you do see how very cartoon villain-like they are. It's a starting point, any rate.

I would say a cock down the poop-shooter symbolizes a union of two in flesh, heh?

Awwww. And you can't stop thinking about it, can you? I bet you dream about it. Just like Bass with his gaycentric avatar, you two have it bad for teh gay. You should get together.

Gee BDB, I am not that way. Sorry to blow your fantasy, but with two ladies in my bed, there is little room for a gay male, you refer to.

So instead of making a personal attack, try to debate the issue like an adult, or teen, or whatever you are. :lol:

I would say a cock down the poop-shooter symbolizes a union of two in flesh, heh?

Awwww. And you can't stop thinking about it, can you? I bet you dream about it. Just like Bass with his gaycentric avatar, you two have it bad for teh gay. You should get together.

Gee BDB, I am not that way. Sorry to blow your fantasy, but with two ladies in my bed, there is little room for a gay male, you refer to.

So instead of making a personal attack, try to debate the issue like an adult, or teen, or whatever you are. :lol:

Ahhh. Looks like somebody is trying a bit too hard to prove his (as yet unproven heterosexuality!) No worries. It's not easy, coming out. We're here for you, bud. :clap2:

Ahhh. Looks like somebody is trying a bit too hard to prove his (as yet unproven heterosexuality!) No worries. It's not easy, coming out. We're here for you, bud. :clap2:

So which is it BDB? Intolerance or Bigotry that got you wet? I could say the same thing about you, but I try not to assume.

So what is your anti-gay stance based on? Religion? Perversions?

So which is it BDB? Intolerance or Bigotry that got you wet? I could say the same thing about you, but I try not to assume.

"Got you wet?" You kiss your grandmother with that mouth?

I'm pro-gay. I sorta thought that was obvious.

"Got you wet?" You kiss your grandmother with that mouth?

I'm pro-gay. I sorta thought that was obvious.

No, I didn't notice. It doesn't matter to me what the gays do in their spare time, as it is not worse than what heterosexuals do in theirs. So when someone pulls the god card they have a tuff road to hoe on the issue. And it all boils down to having sex ONLY for procreation, no contraception or masturbation or stimulation, if you go the god route. I don't accept the god, so......

Please, list the examples where ..."families built upon same-sex partnerships, can contribute to stable and humane societies".
The only place this works is as a novelty (a freak show where tourist go and pretend they understand) or when there are not enough men or women (like after a war), and then more of community support than sexual support. There was an article today about Boystown having problems as a "homosexual" community.
If homosexual "couples" are so great, why don't they have their own communities?

Do you believe stable families contribute to society, yes or no? If stable families contribute to society, why would stable families with same sex couples not contribute as well? You obviously don't really believe the ideals you tout so readily.

As far as "gay communities" are concerned...I'm afraid you aren't making any sense. You are talking about a gay community in Boystown (really, Boystown?) and then asking why there are no gay communities. :confused:

Please, list the examples where ..."families built upon same-sex partnerships, can contribute to stable and humane societies".
The only place this works is as a novelty (a freak show where tourist go and pretend they understand) or when there are not enough men or women (like after a war), and then more of community support than sexual support. There was an article today about Boystown having problems as a "homosexual" community.
If homosexual "couples" are so great, why don't they have their own communities?

Do you believe stable families contribute to society, yes or no? If stable families contribute to society, why would stable families with same sex couples not contribute as well? You obviously don't really believe the ideals you tout so readily.

As far as "gay communities" are concerned...I'm afraid you aren't making any sense. You are talking about a gay community in Boystown (really, Boystown?) and then asking why there are no gay communities. :confused:

I really like the hypocrisy here, most of those studies on gay families being good is obviously biased in favor of gays, they have to do what they can to put gays over, but I like how they pretend that gay families are utopia and even better compared to heterosexual families.

I really like the hypocrisy here, most of those studies on gay families being good is obviously biased in favor of gays, they have to do what they can to put gays over, but I like how they pretend that gay families are utopia and even better compared to heterosexual families.

Where is this alleged hypocrisy you are seeing? How are these studies "biased" in favor of gays? Simply because they don't agree with you, that gays are vile and disgusting and shouldn't be around children?

What the studies actually find is that the children raised by gays and lesbians are at no disadvantage to those raised by heterosexuals and in some areas do even better (like in the area of tolerance).

So say you. I imagine gay families are as messed up as straight families in America.

Oh, good. So you do see how very cartoon villain-like they are. It's a starting point, any rate.

:rolleyes:

Where is this alleged hypocrisy you are seeing? How are these studies "biased" in favor of gays? Simply because they don't agree with you, that gays are vile and disgusting and shouldn't be around children?

What the studies actually find is that the children raised by gays and lesbians are at no disadvantage to those raised by heterosexuals and in some areas do even better (like in the area of tolerance).

:rolleyes:

I don't doubt that there may be some truth to some of whats in those studies but the notion that gay families do better in tolerance that heterosexual families is utter gay propaganda. The ideal is for a child to have a father and mother because it better reflects society.

Forum List

Back