Optimist

OlderOwl

Optimist
Mar 11, 2013
Virginia
Hi everyone. I am in my 60's and retired from the US Patent and Trademark Office after 35 years of service there. I started as an aide to patent examiners in the area of workpiece holders, clamps, combination tables and clamps, chucks etc. While at the patent office, I went to college part time and major in engineering; and eventually, with a combination of schooling and on job training, I became a primary patent examiner in the new (at the time) field of flat screen electronic display devices and continued in that field until I retired.

Recently, a forum in advanced mathematics closed. Previously, I had spent a lot of time posting in the field of number theory. When that forum closed, I decided at first that my time would be more productive if spent time mentoring others in English, math and science skills. However, there is much too much pessimism and fighting between the major political parties and a general lack of faith in the ability of Congress to work. So I decided to look into the area of politics.

I hope I came to the right forum. If not I will find another.

Hi everyone. I am in my 60's and retired from the US Patent and Trademark Office after 35 years of service there. I started as an aide to patent examiners in the area of workpiece holders, clamps, combination tables and clamps, chucks etc. While at the patent office, I went to college part time and major in engineering; and eventually, with a combination of schooling and on job training, I became a primary patent examiner in the new (at the time) field of flat screen electronic display devices and continued in that field until I retired.

Recently, a forum in advanced mathematics closed. Previously, I had spent a lot of time posting in the field of number theory. When that forum closed, I decided at first that my time would be more productive if spent time mentoring others in English, math and science skills. However, there is much too much pessimism and fighting between the major political parties and a general lack of faith in the ability of Congress to work. So I decided to look into the area of politics.

I hope I came to the right forum. If not I will find another.

Welcome to the forum OlderOwl. Optimism is a good start. :)

Welcome to USMB, OlderOwl. Hope you enjoy the boards here. You might find some interesting reading at USMB Science and Technology boards. Several engineers and scientists post there. After all, Engineers are the Logical Scientists. :)

Also, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to you (and others) to join in at the Coffee Shop. There is no political discussion allowed in there, and no harassing, either.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back