Ordered some junk online, no signature upon delivery...

What's the deal with guns?

Protect your TP stash? I dunno.

Got all I need, ammo too.

Only one left in life I desire is a Colt SAA in 45LC $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Cant afford the colt...but have two Uberti Cattleman IIs...one in 45 and one in 357. Wonderful guns.

Uberti makes some fine guns. I have a Uberti New Cattleman Magnum in .44 mag with a 7" barrel, that was marketed by Iver Johnson.

The pistol was all apart in pieces and in a box when I bought it for $30, and the only thing it needed was a trigger spring. Those are all patterned after the 1873 Colt, so the parts are pretty much interchangeable.

What's the deal with guns?

Protect your TP stash? I dunno.

Got all I need, ammo too.

45 Long Colt in a SAA is badass. Doesn't have the recoil of a .44 mag, but it packs a pretty good wallop.

Just an all my life "I need one" thing! I have had the knockoffs, "need" a colt. They start about $2K now. Yes a very nice cartridge to shoot.

Shit. You could have bought up all those Colt SAA pistols for $30 back in the early 60's. My dad used to bring home a box of guns every once in awhile, back then. No idea where he got them from but there was always some old octagonal-barreled Winchester rifles in 32-20, 25-20, and other obsolete calibers. He'd sometimes bring home a box of pistols or a couple M1 carbines.

I bought two pristine 98-k Mausers mail order in 1966 for $15 apiece. The post office delivered them right to the door for about $4 each. Had a friend who bought a couple Lugers for $40 apiece, mail order.

Damn that JFK. If he'd only ducked, there wouldn't have been a GCA of 1968.
A few years ago I dam near bought a crate of 10 Mosin-Nagants 91/30s for $800 from Buds physical store in Lexington. I thought "nah...those pieces of shit will never appreciate."

Still kicking myself...

I remember seeing crates of those. The Mosin-Nagant and SKS rifles sprung up everywhere during the Clinton "Assault Weapons Ban."

Leave it to good old American capitalism to fill the void by creating a new market. I have a minty Mosin-Nagant M38 in the back of the gun safe. It's the carbine model with no bayonet. It does consistent 4" groups at 100 yards with open sights, but the longer 91/30 is more accurate.

Apparently this is being encouraged/accepted by all companies. Also, delivery man had gloves on, said people who answered their doors also all had gloves on, no games being played. Said their orders have tripled or more. Slower delivery times.

Also, got some take-out, Chinese Food (is that racist to say nowadays?). All seats in restaurant upside down as we have a shutdown in Ontario of eating in. Take out and delivery only. Get your food when done and exit immediately.

I'm doing my part for this economy. I'm going to try to be as normal as possible. Unless I catch this, life is between the Lord and I and I'm not going to relinquish it to fear.
Almost no deliveries I get at home required signature even before this. I think a game console was only thing I had to sign for at home in eons. At work, they make you sign for everything though.

45 Long Colt in a SAA is badass. Doesn't have the recoil of a .44 mag, but it packs a pretty good wallop.

Just an all my life "I need one" thing! I have had the knockoffs, "need" a colt. They start about $2K now. Yes a very nice cartridge to shoot.

Shit. You could have bought up all those Colt SAA pistols for $30 back in the early 60's. My dad used to bring home a box of guns every once in awhile, back then. No idea where he got them from but there was always some old octagonal-barreled Winchester rifles in 32-20, 25-20, and other obsolete calibers. He'd sometimes bring home a box of pistols or a couple M1 carbines.

I bought two pristine 98-k Mausers mail order in 1966 for $15 apiece. The post office delivered them right to the door for about $4 each. Had a friend who bought a couple Lugers for $40 apiece, mail order.

[/QUOTE]

Before 68 GCA one could buy alot and the buck really stretched! Being a retired dealer I have the ATF GCA books from 72 on. In 72 they were 3/8" thick, now "5/8" easy. They keep adding, they shouldn't be able too.

Back a ways one could get a new SAA for $600, after GCA of course and just before Colt discontinued them. Few years later they brought them back at $1200. Now $2000-2400 for a basic one.

Really want my SAA but heck I can buy another 9mm suppressor and a nice host weapon (like the new Springfield XDm elite already threaded 22 and 1) for less!

XDMET9459FHCOSP.jpg

Cant afford the colt...but have two Uberti Cattleman IIs...one in 45 and one in 357. Wonderful guns.
[/QUOTE]

Yes they are for sure. Used them in Cowboy action and awesome revolvers.

But a Colt aficionado needs a colt, specially if one has wanted that model 50+ years. Had dozen 1911 but the fav was a Colt.

Polytech makes a M1a but it's not a Springfield.

Apparently this is being encouraged/accepted by all companies. Also, delivery man had gloves on, said people who answered their doors also all had gloves on, no games being played. Said their orders have tripled or more. Slower delivery times.

Also, got some take-out, Chinese Food (is that racist to say nowadays?). All seats in restaurant upside down as we have a shutdown in Ontario of eating in. Take out and delivery only. Get your food when done and exit immediately.

I'm doing my part for this economy. I'm going to try to be as normal as possible. Unless I catch this, life is between the Lord and I and I'm not going to relinquish it to fear.

I never have to sign for deliveries unless they are expensive.

The pool guy showed up this morning wearing a mask and didnt write his usual report on work done that he hangs on the door knob.
He apologized and said it was going to be company policy for the foreseeable future.

A few years ago I dam near bought a crate of 10 Mosin-Nagants 91/30s for $800 from Buds physical store in Lexington. I thought "nah...those pieces of shit will never appreciate."

Still kicking myself...
[/QUOTE]

Heck there was a few years earlier even cheaper! $59 or so would by a 91/30 or an M44 Yes they did appreciate didn't they. Cool rifles too.

I have a Finn M39 which was 91/30's captured and converted for the "winter war". Heavy barrels, spliced stocks (for cold) many mods. Mine is a 1944 Sako built all matching #'s. Used it in a turkey shoot, offhand 200 meters against 9 scoped rifles. I beat 8 of them, shoot off with the Sheriff dept sniper, had a PSIG 1 finally beat me but he remembered me every year after! Sako in pic. I'm sure it has more than doubled in value too.

417M39.jpg

I remember seeing crates of those. The Mosin-Nagant and SKS rifles sprung up everywhere during the Clinton "Assault Weapons Ban."

Leave it to good old American capitalism to fill the void by creating a new market. I have a minty Mosin-Nagant M38 in the back of the gun safe. It's the carbine model with no bayonet. It does consistent 4" groups at 100 yards with open sights, but the longer 91/30 is more accurate.

Like M44's they are flame throwers! 3-4 foot flame!

Forum List

Back