Oregon decides ILLEGAL ALIENS can get get liver transplants

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
More insanity. An american citizen could have gotten this liver but no - we'll give it to a criminal invader. Trump should tell ICE to swoop in and deport this criminal immediately.

Oregon hospital denies illegal immigrant a liver because of her status, then terminates its policy

feb 7 2018 An Oregon hospital who denied an illegal immigrant a liver transplant due to her lack of citizenship later terminated the policy.

Silvia Lesama-Santos, 46, who's said to be in "critical condition," was denied a liver transplant on Monday from the Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU) in Portland, Fox 12 Oregon reported, citing a press release from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Oregon.

The hospital sent the stay-at-home mother of four a letter explaining that since she does not have a “lawful presence or immigration documentation” in the U.S., she could not receive the transplant as hospital policy “requires proof” for transplant operations.

Lesama-Santos, a resident of the Portland area for more than 30 years, has health insurance through her husband’s employer, according to a copy of the letter published by the ACLU.

The hospital stated that Lesama-Santos could restart the process for requesting a liver transplant “when your situation has changed and you meet the above requirements.”

On the same day the ACLU released its statement — and called for the hospital to change its rules — OHSU terminated its policy barring illegal immigrants from receiving transplants.

“It was brought to our attention this evening that an archaic transplant policy was preventing an undocumented individual from being evaluated at OHSU,” a hospital statement read. “Upon learning of the policy, OHSU leaders acted immediately and terminated the policy. We deeply regret the pain this has caused the family."

This opportunist yellow journalism is chickenshit to report what the the patient was originally diagnosed with. It matters, for the Northwest Coast region is not only hepatitis A rampant, the Chinese have deliberately used hep B as a colonizing tool, almost a perfect crime when done correctly with stealth. What is the viral and/or cancer history of the patient?

That would suck for the 100,000 plus waiting for an organ. People won't donate an organ they can't use any more because of who might get it?

That doesn't compute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would suck for the 100,000 plus waiting for an organ. People won't donate an organ they can't use any more because of who might get it?

That doesn't compute.

Update your software.

Why not? They can donate organs afterall.

Oregon is rapidly heading for the title of Junior-California.

If you're an illegal, the message is loud and clear "Get your organ in Oregon".

Would you donate an organ to an evil criminal who hates your country?

That's a very different question (and one far removed from reality) from, "would you donate an organ, knowing there was a small chance it might go to an illegal alien?".

An organ donor, unless they are making a directed donation, does not know who will get their organs. In fact, no one knows until the match process runs and generates the list.

Here's a fun little question about organ donation. Did you know that we have living heart donors? Think about how that could be possible.

That doesn't compute.

Update your software.

No need. I spent 12 years working at the company that does all the organ matching for the US. I know how little chance there is of predicting who will get what organ(s). The waiting list is even generated all over again every time a match is run.

So, not donating because you're afraid someone you don't like might get your organs just prevents other people you do like from getting them.

You might as well refuse to fund a 401K because you're convinced you're going to win the lottery and retire.

Those liberal diseasebags will be the end of this country sooner or later, due to their rotting American-self-hate. I wish cancer on every one of them.

No need. I spent 12 years working at the company that does all the organ matching for the US. I know how little chance there is of predicting who will get what organ(s). .

I can predict it. Whoever pays the company the most money gets the organ.. It's a racket and that's why people should be allowed to sell organs while alive or designate who gets it after their death.

No need. I spent 12 years working at the company that does all the organ matching for the US. I know how little chance there is of predicting who will get what organ(s). .

I can predict it. Whoever pays the company the most money gets the organ.. It's a racket and that's why people should be allowed to sell organs while alive or designate who gets it after their death.

That is simply not true. The company is a non-profit that faces government oversight, and as the senior DBA with access to the data, I had to carry the same security clearance as the CEO and the IT director. All the IT staff had to get a clearance.

The match is totally automated. When it runs, it generates and prioritizes the list of potential recipients, then sends email and text alerts to the doctors for those recipients. The first doctor on the list has the right of first refusal, and if he doesn't want it, it goes to the next one and so forth.

The system is getting harder and harder to game. One of the recent attempts was done by a wealthy businessman who registered in every OPO in the nation, and when his organ became available, he hopped on his jet and flew to it. Then he bought a house in the city to live in while he recuperated. You would recognize his name.

You can designate where your organs go, but it doesn't really make sense because they would have to match.

That doesn't compute.

Update your software.

No need. I spent 12 years working at the company that does all the organ matching for the US. I know how little chance there is of predicting who will get what organ(s). The waiting list is even generated all over again every time a match is run.

So, not donating because you're afraid someone you don't like might get your organs just prevents other people you do like from getting them.

You might as well refuse to fund a 401K because you're convinced you're going to win the lottery and retire.
Allowing illegals to receive your organs is the problem. Not knowing the person who will receive your organs is not a concern.

Oregon is rapidly heading for the title of Junior-California.

If you're an illegal, the message is loud and clear "Get your organ in Oregon".

I agree. Oregon too is going down the drain.

Pity, because it used to be a nice place.

Used to, because.... it's no more.

Leftist.....ushering in the end of civilization as we know it

However, speaking of illegal transplants......they CAN go for this....

In announcing the results of a six-month wiretap probe called "Operation High Hopes," prosecutors said the synthetic opioid was being sold on the street by a drug gang with links to Mexico’s notorious Sinaloa Cartel, the drug organization once led by Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán.

“I want to be clear about the size and scope here,” District Attorney Daniel Conley said at a news conference Thursday. “Massachusetts’ fentanyl trafficking statute covers quantities greater than 10 grams. That threshold represents less than 1/1000 of the quantity we’ve taken off the street.”

He said the number of overdoses the seized fentanyl could have caused “is truly staggering.”

“Individuals who buy and sell at this level aren’t users,” Conley said. “They’re not small-time dealers, either. They’re certainly not selling to support a habit. They’re trafficking in addictive substances that claim more lives in Massachusetts than all homicides, all suicides, and all car crashes, statewide, combined.”

Source:
33 pounds of fentanyl – enough to wipe out Massachusetts – seized in Boston

And to think some of the Communist evil here claim that guns are a problem. pfffft!

I agree. Oregon too is going down the drain.
Pity, because it used to be a nice place.
Used to, because.... it's no more.

Unfortunately the Leftist Social Rot Virus is taking hold coast to coast...the entire nation is now sick and diseased.

But with every American murdered by an illegal, and with every drop in the stock market, and for every illegal to cross the border and deprive an American child of American services that they steal......

Lefties rejoice !!!

Forum List

Back