Oregon decides ILLEGAL ALIENS can get get liver transplants

That would suck for the 100,000 plus waiting for an organ. People won't donate an organ they can't use any more because of who might get it?

That doesn't compute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Update your software.

No need. I spent 12 years working at the company that does all the organ matching for the US. I know how little chance there is of predicting who will get what organ(s). The waiting list is even generated all over again every time a match is run.

So, not donating because you're afraid someone you don't like might get your organs just prevents other people you do like from getting them.

You might as well refuse to fund a 401K because you're convinced you're going to win the lottery and retire.
Allowing illegals to receive your organs is the problem. Not knowing the person who will receive your organs is not a concern.

The matching algorithm doesn't know anything about a recipient beyond their medical information. Dick Cheney even registered under a fake name for his heart. It's up to the OPO's to make sure recipients are citizens.

Let's put it this way. An OPO is under no obligation to identify recipients' identities, which makes it quite difficult positively identifying a person for follow-up research.

I can predict it. Whoever pays the company the most money gets the organ.. It's a racket and that's why people should be allowed to sell organs while alive or designate who gets it after their death.

That is simply not true. The company is a non-profit that faces government oversight, and as the senior DBA with access to the data, I had to carry the same security clearance as the CEO and the IT director. All the IT staff had to get a clearance.

HAHAHA. Non-profits are a scam right there. Anytime a non-profit looks like it will make a profit, the execs give themselves a huge bonus and the profit is gone!!

As for govt oversight - don't make me laugh

The people who decide who gets the organ take bribes.

I can predict it. Whoever pays the company the most money gets the organ.. It's a racket and that's why people should be allowed to sell organs while alive or designate who gets it after their death.

That is simply not true. The company is a non-profit that faces government oversight, and as the senior DBA with access to the data, I had to carry the same security clearance as the CEO and the IT director. All the IT staff had to get a clearance.

HAHAHA. Non-profits are a scam right there. Anytime a non-profit looks like it will make a profit, the execs give themselves a huge bonus and the profit is gone!!

As for govt oversight - don't make me laugh

The people who decide who gets the organ take bribes.
Dude, I worked there and had top access to the entire system. Let me make this abundantly clear:

PEOPLE do not decide who gets the organ. The match run is automated and generates the list solely on medical factors. After that, it's up to the doctor for the patient at the top of the new list to decide if he wants it or not. About the only person you could bribe that would make a difference is that doctor, and you would still have to wait until a compatible organ became available. Now, you can game the system like one very wealthy businessman did, by registering in every OPO in the nation, but then you have to be ready to fly at a moment's notice to wherever an organ becomes available. This guy had his own plane, so that was no problem for him.

Let's put it this way, you're working off a bunch of urban legends. I actually worked at the company for over a decade. Oh, and those huge bonuses you're fantasizing about? When the company faced a revenue shortfall during the Obama regime, the entire top executive layer took a pay cut so no one was laid off or lost pay.

That would suck for the 100,000 plus waiting for an organ. People won't donate an organ they can't use any more because of who might get it?

That doesn't compute.

Then tell retarded libs to stop babying illegals.

Dude, I worked there and had top access to the entire system. Let me make this abundantly clear:

PEOPLE do not decide who gets the organ. The match run is automated and generates the list solely on medical factors. After that, it's up to the doctor for the patient at the top of the new list to decide if he wants it or not. About the only person you could bribe that would make a difference is that doctor, and you would still have to wait until a compatible organ became available. Now, you can game the system like one very wealthy businessman did, by registering in every OPO in the nation, but then you have to be ready to fly at a moment's notice to wherever an organ becomes available. This guy had his own plane, so that was no problem for him.

Let's put it this way, you're working off a bunch of urban legends. I actually worked at the company for over a decade. Oh, and those huge bonuses you're fantasizing about? When the company faced a revenue shortfall during the Obama regime, the entire top executive layer took a pay cut so no one was laid off or lost pay.

HAHAHA. You are a shill for the industry and have no cred here. Organ transplanting is a racket and doctors are the biggest bandits in the country. Most people given transplants don't even need one. The doc lies and says they need it because organ transplants are big business.

Regarding kidneys it should be legal for someone to sell a kidney to someone else. What is wrong with that.?

HAHAHA. You are a shill for the industry and have no cred here. Organ transplanting is a racket and doctors are the biggest bandits in the country. Most people given transplants don't even need one. The doc lies and says they need it because organ transplants are big business.

Regarding kidneys it should be legal for someone to sell a kidney to someone else. What is wrong with that.?

How many years did you work in the industry?

That doesn't compute.

Update your software.

No need. I spent 12 years working at the company that does all the organ matching for the US. I know how little chance there is of predicting who will get what organ(s). The waiting list is even generated all over again every time a match is run.

So, not donating because you're afraid someone you don't like might get your organs just prevents other people you do like from getting them.

You might as well refuse to fund a 401K because you're convinced you're going to win the lottery and retire.
Allowing illegals to receive your organs is the problem. Not knowing the person who will receive your organs is not a concern.

The matching algorithm doesn't know anything about a recipient beyond their medical information. Dick Cheney even registered under a fake name for his heart. It's up to the OPO's to make sure recipients are citizens.

Let's put it this way. An OPO is under no obligation to identify recipients' identities, which makes it quite difficult positively identifying a person for follow-up research.
I understand. I understood last time. If Americans believe their organs may go to illegal aliens, they simply will stop donating them.

That doesn't compute.

Update your software.

I understand. I understood last time. If Americans believe their organs may go to illegal aliens, they simply will stop donating them.

They'll still keep playing the lottery too.

Update your software.

They'll still keep playing the lottery too.
While keeping their organs to themselves. :)

Oregon is rapidly heading for the title of Junior-California.

If you're an illegal, the message is loud and clear "Get your organ in Oregon".

I agree. Oregon too is going down the drain.

Pity, because it used to be a nice place.

Used to, because.... it's no more.
The whole West Coast is turning into a shit hole

Yes....it's sad .....but yes....it seems to be ....so disgusting:cheeky-smiley-018:

I agree with you.

Yes....it's sad .....but yes....it seems to be ....so disgusting:cheeky-smiley-018:

I agree with you.
Last year I was over by Eugene Oregon and Astoria, Both towns were basically overrun by homeless hippies… It is too bad I used to love going over there.

I agree with you.
Last year I was over by Eugene Oregon and Astoria, Both towns were basically overrun by homeless hippies… It is too bad I used to love going over there.

that's demrats for ya'

wherever the demrats go.....they bring misery with them.....like a plague

Imagine how many more organs would be available if people could specify who can or cannot get them.

Hippies are still around??? They gotta be like 80 now.

And it's a shame. Wonderful weather and beautiful scenery and fertile fields. I'd hate to see it taken over by filthy mexicans but it's just a matter of time now. I don't think even trump can save it.

Unless prevented for religious or cultural reasons, why not donate your organs? It's not like you will be using them. Besides, you get more in the next life anyway.

Unless prevented for religious or cultural reasons, why not donate your organs? It's not like you will be using them. Besides, you get more in the next life anyway.

Most organ transplants are unnecessary. Doctors talk patients into them because it's big money. It's a huge racket. Doctors are the biggest bandits in the country.

Forum List

Back