Oregon faith healing parents on trial for death of daughter

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
mentally ill people

A jury trial for faith healing parents accused of depriving their daughter of life-saving medical care by choosing prayer over modern medicine began in Oregon last week.

Travis and Wenona Rossiter are accused of first-degree and second-degree manslaughter for the death of their daughter, Syble Rossiter.

According to prosecutors, the girl’s parents, Travis and Wenona Rossiter, withheld “necessary and adequate” medical attention from the 12-year-old girl, choosing prayer over modern medicine, with tragic consequence.

Oregon faith healing parents on trial for death of daughter

A sad situation all around.

Aspects of religion, like aspects of partisan zealotry, can be dangerous, insane, and deadly.

It's hard to imagine that the parents could sit there and watch their daughter die and not take her to a doctor when they saw her getting worse.

"ALBANY, Ore. (KOIN 6) — The trial of Travis and Wenona Rossiter, accused of depriving their daughter of life-saving medical care for diabetes, continued in Albany Friday."

For diabetes no less. Not like she had inoperable tumors or other cancers where treatment would only put off the inevitable. This was an easy fix.

Hope they're found guilty and do some serious prison time.

"ALBANY, Ore. (KOIN 6) — The trial of Travis and Wenona Rossiter, accused of depriving their daughter of life-saving medical care for diabetes, continued in Albany Friday."

For diabetes no less. Not like she had inoperable tumors or other cancers where treatment would only put off the inevitable. This was an easy fix.

I do, too. That might give a message to the rest of the parishioners of that church.

I do, too. That might give a message to the rest of the parishioners of that church.

I would have thought because this is hardly the first time this has happened the case law would have been firmly established by now.

As much as I appreciate freedom of religion, they knowingly let their daughter die.

When it crosses the line to where people get hurt, it needs to be nipped in the bud.

If you're willing to kill your loved one, you'd better enjoy your deserved persecution.

Forum List

Back