Oregon school district wants to change name of Valentines Day to 'Buddy Day'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Because afterall, there may be a handful of kids who might get butthurt if no one gives them a card.

Let's fuck it up for everyone else then.

PARENTS SHUT DOWN BETHEL BOARD MEETING

Parents and students unhappy over 'Buddy Day' and other changes

Posted: Feb. 13, 2018 12:11 AM
Updated: Feb. 13, 2018 1:27 AM
Posted By: Bob Schaper

Eugene, Ore. -- An overflowing crowd of angry parents forced the Bethel school board to postpone its meeting Monday night, but officials vowed to reconvene later in the week.

A spokesman for the Bethel School District says the parents were upset over changes to the way the district celebrates holidays. On Wednesday, for example, students will participate in "Buddy Day," not Valentine's Day.

The goal of the change, officials say, is to be as inclusive as possible.

Parents shut down Bethel board meeting

The school district is run by leftists who take political correctness to the nth degree. Bethel district as a whole is working class and more conservative.

Parents were fed up with school being used too doctrinaire.

Freaking loons need to stop this nonsense

At least in this case, so many parents were so pissed off about this, the school board meeting was cancelled.

They'll probably go forward with the change however. They don't give a shit what the majority thinks.

Yeah that's left loons at work

I just read the manifesto written by the principle of south Eugene high on the changing of the school mascot from "axemen"

Goodness, if they only spent so much effort on real education instead of this Politburo nonsense.........

Because afterall, there may be a handful of kids who might get butthurt if no one gives them a card.

Eugene, Ore. -- An overflowing crowd of angry parents forced the Bethel school board to postpone its meeting Monday night, but officials vowed to reconvene later in the week.

A spokesman for the Bethel School District says the parents were upset over changes to the way the district celebrates holidays. On Wednesday, for example, students will participate in "Buddy Day," not Valentine's Day.

We know what "Good Buddy" is code for. Leave Valentine's Day alone.

I just read the manifesto written by the principle of south Eugene high on the changing of the school mascot from "axemen"

Goodness, if they only spent so much effort on real education instead of this Politburo nonsense.........

A parent is foolish to let their child anywhere near these moon bats

And to think, 70 years ago, Orwell warned us about people who used language too Engineer attitude These people evidently interpreted it as an operating manual.

This is double plus ungood ,indeed.

Last edited:
I know...they get indoctrination instead of education and then are programmed to run around telling everybody "I'm smart, I'm smart"...they vote for people who promise them they can change the weather, that used to be a way of proving how little you know/knew now it gets you a diploma.

Is this The Onion?

I know...they get indoctrination instead of education and then are programmed to run around telling everybody "I'm smart, I'm smart"...they vote for people who promise them they can change the weather, that used to be a way of proving how little you know/knew now it gets you a diploma.

Well they are smart. Very smart. They have a very good brain, and they have the best words.

Forum List

Back