Orlando and Gun Control: An Inconvenient Truth

I've had enough bands in enough bars in my lifetime to understand that a gun free zone is a damn good idea. One yahoo coked and boozed up with a gun not liking someone bumping into him on the dance floor or worse yet not liking a song my band was playing could turn into a nightmare very quickly.

BUT I think clubs, theaters or where ever you have a gun free zone, it is incumbent sp? on the establishment to provide well trained and well armed security for their patrons.

ETA: Mandatory metal detectors is worth a look as well.

Here is the problem that you and the doctor are having: do you think a coked up and boozed up yahoo is going to have a CCW permit? Do you think a cokes up, boozed up yahoo is going to care about a law against carrying a gun into a bar?

:lol:

I have a CCW permit, and I've been known to get drunk and partake in various substances from time to time. Are you under the impression that every CCW holder in this country is a teetotaler?

Confessing that you are an idiot? You didn't need to, we all know you are.

Yes. Do you think that in a crowd of 300+ people, there will be 300+ guns?

This post is a good example of the fantasy land that the true gun nuts live in.

I own guns - many of them. I like guns, I think they're a lot of fun. But I'm not completely deluded into think that guns are some magical solution to everything.

What if the owners of the club didn't want people to bring guns in? Should they have been forced to allow it?

People drink and take drugs at night clubs. Every night while working, I had to physically bounce many angry, violent, drunken clowns. Many of them threatened my life - and had some of them had a gun on them, I have no doubt that I would have been killed. I was stabbed twice.

What fantasy world are you babbling about? I asked a question.

The fantasy world in which allowing people to bring guns to into nightclubs is a "good idea".

Your question is irrelevant to my point, which is why I ignored it. It only takes one drunk, coked-up clown with a gun to put bodies on the floor for scuffing his shoes.

Perhaps you had a reason to ignore it, but to create a strawman from it was unnecessary and ridiculous.

What "strawman" are you referring to?

You did say you thought it was a good idea.

The strawman that I live in a fantasy world. You do know what a strawman argument is right?

I've had enough bands in enough bars in my lifetime to understand that a gun free zone is a damn good idea. One yahoo coked and boozed up with a gun not liking someone bumping into him on the dance floor or worse yet not liking a song my band was playing could turn into a nightmare very quickly.

BUT I think clubs, theaters or where ever you have a gun free zone, it is incumbent sp? on the establishment to provide well trained and well armed security for their patrons.

Here is the problem that you and the doctor are having: do you think a coked up and boozed up yahoo is going to have a CCW permit? Do you think a cokes up, boozed up yahoo is going to care about a law against carrying a gun into a bar?

I have a CCW permit, and I've been known to get drunk and partake in various substances from time to time. Are you under the impression that every CCW holder in this country is a teetotaler?

Just stop. Do you carry your weapon while doing this?

Stop spinning, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Don't be childish about it.

:lol::lol::lol:

There really is nothing more pathetic than declaring victory on a message board, clown. If you'd actually "won", everyone would know it just by looking, and when you claim it yourself, you just look like a idiot.

I think you'll find that anyone who's ever worked in a nightclub will laugh in your face at your "good idea".

What an insightful and witty response.

How about you stop trolling a Zone 2 thread?

This post is a good example of the fantasy land that the true gun nuts live in.

I own guns - many of them. I like guns, I think they're a lot of fun. But I'm not completely deluded into think that guns are some magical solution to everything.

What if the owners of the club didn't want people to bring guns in? Should they have been forced to allow it?

People drink and take drugs at night clubs. Every night while working, I had to physically bounce many angry, violent, drunken clowns. Many of them threatened my life - and had some of them had a gun on them, I have no doubt that I would have been killed. I was stabbed twice.

What fantasy world are you babbling about? I asked a question.

The fantasy world in which allowing people to bring guns to into nightclubs is a "good idea".

Your question is irrelevant to my point, which is why I ignored it. It only takes one drunk, coked-up clown with a gun to put bodies on the floor for scuffing his shoes.

Perhaps you had a reason to ignore it, but to create a strawman from it was unnecessary and ridiculous.

What "strawman" are you referring to?

You did say you thought it was a good idea.

The strawman that I live in a fantasy world. You do know what a strawman argument is right?

I do know what a straw man argument is - but I don't think you do.

You may think that I'm wrong in saying that I believe you're living in a fantasy world, but it's not a "strawman".

Stop spinning, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Don't be childish about it.

There really is nothing more pathetic than declaring victory on a message board, clown. If you'd actually "won", everyone would know it just by looking, and when you claim it yourself, you just look like a idiot.

I think you'll find that anyone who's ever worked in a nightclub will laugh in your face at your "good idea".

I guess you have chosen to be childish. Good luck with that. Dismissed.

Do you really think allowing concealed weapons into a nightclub full of drunks is a good idea?

I've worked as a nightclub bouncer, and I'd probably be dead if some of the people I've had to bounce had a gun on them.

You honestly believe you kept all the guns out?

We had metal detectors, so yes, I'm confident we did. Except for the off-duty cops we had doing security as well.

I guess you have chosen to be childish. Good luck with that. Dismissed.

You went from declaring victory to flouncing off in two posts? That might be a new record.

I'm not surprised, though. It must be really hard to defend such an asinine position as allowing concealed weapons to be carried in nightclubs.

Think about this. People who don't drink don't normally go to bars. People with CC license are not allowed to carry where alcohol is dispensed in most states. North Carolina just recently changed the law and you can carry in a bar, however you aren't allowed to drink. In either case you can lose your CC license if you break the rule.

Yes, that's what we're discussing. Do you agree or disagree with those laws?
I agree with those laws. A bar that size should have armed bouncers. I was in the Atlanta Hard Rock Cafe recently and I noticed a couple bouncers with hand cuffs and concealed weapons.

Probably off-duty cops. Most bigger clubs have some on staff.

Pulse did.

So this alleged terrorist has ties to "da gubermint", his brother works with "da gubermint" to bring in muslim refugees. His father has ties to this "gubermint" and the FBI had him on their radar but were told to stand down and that goes for the mosque that preached anti-queer....he uses a gun that he was permitted to use and it's AMERICAN citizens that need to pay for what this piece of shit did.

Let's get down to brass tacks, folks and evaluate our situation.....Barrypuppet is bringing in muslim refugees that are not vetted covertly and incovertly, we have an unsecured border and anyone that can fog a mirror and come over here and flop and we don't know who they are. China is using our deep water port in California and port authorities are only allowed to search 1 out of every 8 ships and they have already been busted for bringing in semi-automatic weapons AND the FBI says that ISIS has terrorist cells in every state....the answer that leftards believe will make things right? Disarm the American public. I have no less than a dozen e-mails form leftard action groups asking me to sign a petition asking this corporate "gubermint" to ban semi-automatic weapons...the same semi-automatic weapons your beloved "gubermint" gives tpo Mexican drug cartels and "muslim freedom fighters".......now I ask you...how FUCKING stupid is the average leftard? They are either fucking stupid or they are trying to fulfill one of the steps of the communist manifesto by disarming the public.

So this alleged terrorist has ties to "da gubermint", his brother works with "da gubermint" to bring in muslim refugees. His father has ties to this "gubermint" and the FBI had him on their radar but were told to stand down and that goes for the mosque that preached anti-queer....he uses a gun that he was permitted to use and it's AMERICAN citizens that need to pay for what this piece of shit did.

Let's get down to brass tacks, folks and evaluate our situation.....Barrypuppet is bringing in muslim refugees that are not vetted covertly and incovertly, we have an unsecured border and anyone that can fog a mirror and come over here and flop and we don't know who they are. China is using our deep water port in California and port authorities are only allowed to search 1 out of every 8 ships and they have already been busted for bringing in semi-automatic weapons AND the FBI says that ISIS has terrorist cells in every state....the answer that leftards believe will make things right? Disarm the American public. I have no less than a dozen e-mails form leftard action groups asking me to sign a petition asking this corporate "gubermint" to ban semi-automatic weapons...the same semi-automatic weapons your beloved "gubermint" gives tpo Mexican drug cartels and "muslim freedom fighters".......now I ask you...how FUCKING stupid is the average leftard? They are either fucking stupid or they are trying to fulfill one of the steps of the communist manifesto by disarming the public.

Did you wander into the wrong thread by mistake?

We're talking about carrying weapons in nightclubs in this thread. Not whatever that nonsense is supposed to be.

We're talking about carrying weapons in nightclubs in this thread. Not whatever that nonsense is supposed to be.

I saw the thread "Orlando and Gun Control" so my post is apropos.

I saw the thread "Orlando and Gun Control" so my post is apropos.

No, it's really not. Maybe you should read the OP.

My deal is simple. If you as an establishment owner or a government establishment and you have a gun free zone, you must have well trained and well armed security to protect your patrons.

And make it very public that your establishment has hired guns. That would at least make certain whackos more apprehensive of choosing a gun free zone to commit murder or a terrorist act.

A Nation wide concealed carry permit, would be a great thing...

Do you really think allowing concealed weapons into a nightclub full of drunks is a good idea?

Of course. I mean, if they're drunk, whats the odds of them actually hitting you?

I've worked as a nightclub bouncer, and I'd probably be dead if some of the people I've had to bounce had a gun on them.

What if you had a gun too? Bulletproof vest? Level playing field, right? I'm not suggesting that you bounce people with no way to protect yourself. That's the whole idea!

Of course.

Have you ever been to nightclub on a Saturday night? A big, busy one?

Guns, drugs, and alcohol don't mix.

What if you had a gun too? Level playing field, right?

No, absolutely not. I wouldn't have carried a gun as a bouncer, even if I was allowed to.

A bouncer's job is to physically remove people who are causing trouble from a bar, not to shoot them. If I'm breaking up a fight, I need my hands to hold people and drag them out - I can't control any weapon I'd be carrying. That's just asking someone else to grab the gun.

Forum List

Back