Orthodox Jew Flies In Plane, Covered In Huge Plastic Bag

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
jpOezc5.jpg

A picture of an Orthodox Jew encased in a giant plastic bag is causing some debate on the Internet this week, as commenters attempt to explain the man’s unusual traveling garb.

“An Orthodox Jew in an airplane with women – so he covers himself with a plastic bag…”
Orthodox Jew Flies In Plane Covered In Huge Plastic Bag, Possibly To Avoid Cemetery Flyover |
:confused:

El Al will not let passengers seal themselves in plastic, according to the link.

Fuck him - he has no right to force anyone to observe his fanatical theology. And no one needs to make an exception for him.

Don't like it? Don't fly.

• Banned
While already sealed inside an aircraft

• Banned
How does he get his seat belt on and off?

El Al will not let passengers seal themselves in plastic, according to the link.

Fuck him - he has no right to force anyone to observe his fanatical theology. And no one needs to make an exception for him.

Don't like it? Don't fly.

So having to watch someone sit in a plastic bag is somehow offensive?

Methinks you need to nut up a bit.

Seriously! Right? I agree with you, Marty! I think he looks adorable all sealed up. Not hurting a thing. I think I see his hand holding the oxygen mask to his mouth. Probably doesn't want other peoples germs. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

From the article it appears he is a fundamentalist extremist, and therefore not unlike some of their Arab counterparts who choose to observe bizarre, fanatical codes. Would he have been allowed to fly if he were an Arab engaged in similarly fanatical behavior? I doubt it.

No point in particular, just an observation. As far as I'm concerned the airline can observe whatever policy they want, including to let him fly or ground him at their discretion.

Ok I understand that they are impure if they enter a cemetery according to the laws of Moses. But let's put this nonsense into perspective.

1 Even if he is of a priestly class,nobody flew in Moses time so I have doubts about flying over cemetery air space is covered.

2 there is no temple so he's not exactly in the same position as those who served in the temple of ancient times is he.? It's not like they are going before the Holy of Holies.

3 there are ways to purify yourself after becoming unclean from a dead body or sitting next to an unclean woman, so he can simply go do that when he lands.

4 these guys walk over dead bodies all the time without even knowing it. There are so many layers upon layers in that section of the world,and so many people buried where they dropped during wars, it's impossible to know whether or not if there's a three thousand year old body under foot or not. There is a big difference between recently deceased and long dead as far as disease is concerned. No transfer of contamination should be passed by flying in a plane over a cemetery. The whole thing is ridiculous and El Al should continue to discourage this behavior.

Last edited:
Maybe he was protecting himself from all the dirty gentiles?

Maybe I need that kind of---hey wait a second!! I am a gentile!!

Ok I understand that they are impure if they enter a cemetery according to the laws of Moses. But let's put this nonsense into perspective.

1 Even if he is of a priestly class,nobody flew in Moses time so I have doubts about flying over cemetery air space is covered.

2 there is no temple so he's not exactly in the same position as those who served in the temple of ancient times is he.? It's not like they are going before the Holy of Holies.

3 there are ways to purify yourself after becoming unclean from a dead body or sitting next to an unclean woman, so he can simply go do that when he lands.

4 these guys walk over dead bodies all the time without even knowing it. There are so many layers upon layers in that section of the world,and so many people buried where they dropped during wars, it's impossible to know whether or not if there's a three thousand year old body under foot or not. There is a big difference between recently deceased and long dead as far as disease is concerned. No transfer of contamination should be passed by flying in a plane over a cemetery. The whole thing is ridiculous and El Al should continue to discourage this behavior.

I disagree. He is a holy Jew. He is doing what he believes honors G-d and keeps him which is a heck of alot more than I see the rest of the world doing! If he chooses to follow his faith in his G-d what is that to anyone else? What business is it of yours? It is a crying shame there are not more people like him so concerned about honoring G-d in every detail of their life. You have no right to judge this man. Be quiet! - Jeri

Forum List

Back