Orthodox Jew Flies In Plane, Covered In Huge Plastic Bag

I disagree. He is a holy Jew. He is doing what he believes honors G-d and keeps him which is a heck of alot more than I see the rest of the world doing! If he chooses to follow his faith in his G-d what is that to anyone else? What business is it of yours? It is a crying shame there are not more people like him so concerned about honoring G-d in every detail of their life. You have no right to judge this man. Be quiet! - Jeri
So, because he is a holy Jew that means it's okay for him to bring what potentially is an explosive device which is capable of blowing that airplane wide open?

You can't bring a BIC lighter on a plane but this fellow can carry a bomb? How do you feel about that?

If that is true, how do we deal with the fact that an oxygen tank, even a tiny one, is a powerful explosive device?

An oxygen tank itself is not explosive.
Here's another?

Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge open again following oxygen tank explosion | 7online.com

Authorities say the truck was carrying several tanks, including two oxygen tanks, one of which exploded when the truck's engine caught fire

Again thanks for proving my point.

I think it's rather silly to wrap yourself up in a plastic bag. But then again I think a lot of what folks who use a literal interpretation of biblical passages do. And I'm a conservative Catholic. But no harm, no foul I say.

Authorities say the truck was carrying several tanks, including two oxygen tanks, one of which exploded when the truck's engine caught fire

Which would be true if your point is all you need is an oxygen tank and a source of flame to detonate it.

I've shown you two links, there are many more if you'd care to look, showing examples of oxygen tanks exploding. If you examine an oxygen tank you'll see a warning to keep it away from sparks or open flame. Why do you suppose that is?

Which would be true if your point is all you need is an oxygen tank and a source of flame to detonate it.

I've shown you two links, there are many more if you'd care to look, showing examples of oxygen tanks exploding. If you examine an oxygen tank you'll see a warning to keep it away from sparks or open flame. Why do you suppose that is?

That is the point.

There has to be an ignition source.

An oxygen tank by itself is not explosive.

I think it's rather silly to wrap yourself up in a plastic bag. But then again I think a lot of what folks who use a literal interpretation of biblical passages do. And I'm a conservative Catholic. But no harm, no foul I say.
If you're not suggesting that some Biblical passage commands wrapping oneself in a plastic bag, what do you suppose the equivalent might be? Protect yourself from inhaling what the goyim exhale?

What else can it be? After all, when you are among the Chosen you've got to watch your step.

(Oy!)

If you're not suggesting that some Biblical passage commands wrapping oneself in a plastic bag, what do you suppose the equivalent might be? Protect yourself from inhaling what the goyim exhale?

What else can it be? After all, when you are among the Chosen you've got to watch your step.

(Oy!)
I have no clue what his logic could be. Since he's all wrapped up, it would be futile to ask him!

That is the point.

Neither is a stick of ammonia dynamite. You need a primary source of detonation (a cap). In the example of an oxygen tank, a match will do.

That is the point.

Neither is a stick of ammonia dynamite. You need a primary source of detonation (a cap). In the example of an oxygen tank, a match will do.

I'm glad you finally agree that an oxygen tank on it's own is not explosive.

That wasn't too hard was it?

Ok I understand that they are impure if they enter a cemetery according to the laws of Moses. But let's put this nonsense into perspective.

1 Even if he is of a priestly class,nobody flew in Moses time so I have doubts about flying over cemetery air space is covered.

2 there is no temple so he's not exactly in the same position as those who served in the temple of ancient times is he.? It's not like they are going before the Holy of Holies.

3 there are ways to purify yourself after becoming unclean from a dead body or sitting next to an unclean woman, so he can simply go do that when he lands.

4 these guys walk over dead bodies all the time without even knowing it. There are so many layers upon layers in that section of the world,and so many people buried where they dropped during wars, it's impossible to know whether or not if there's a three thousand year old body under foot or not. There is a big difference between recently deceased and long dead as far as disease is concerned. No transfer of contamination should be passed by flying in a plane over a cemetery. The whole thing is ridiculous and El Al should continue to discourage this behavior.

Why? Live and let live I say. He isn't hurting anyone.

El Al will not let passengers seal themselves in plastic, according to the link.

Fuck him - he has no right to force anyone to observe his fanatical theology. And no one needs to make an exception for him.

Don't like it? Don't fly.

His action was weird, and I do not think most Rabbis would have seen that as acceptable.

However, he didn't harm his surroundings. So what's the fuss about.

That's not because of women, btw. That's statement is wrong.

That's because he's a Cohen and the flight passed on a cemetery.

Forum List

Back