Orthodox Jew Flies In Plane, Covered In Huge Plastic Bag

When people in sealed up plastic bags start hi-jacking planes, I'll start caring.

I care, if only for his own safety. How does he breathe? What happens if there's an emergency...it's gonna take him awhile to get out of that bag and how many people is he going to block from the emergency exit in the meantime?

It is admirable that you are concerned for his safety. If he needs anyones assistance I'm sure he will ask for it. - Jeri

You still are not allowed to carry oxygen tanks onboard aircraft.

That's irrelevant to my response to MikeK.

No, but it's relevant to the fact that the man wearing a plastic bag didn't have an oxygen tank to breathe.

I was specifically responding about an oxygen tank, not on where or if it was being utilized. Just the fact that an oxygen tank will not explode on it's own accord. There must be an ignition source.

Although it appears the man is holding something up to his mouth. An oxygen mask perhaps? Could be he had a POC.

After seeing this I believe God is just laughing at this fanatic asshole

I think G-d is very pleased with this man's faith and sees him as very precious in His sight. I think you are jealous that he has a real relationship with G-d and you don't. That is what I think the problem is here. Misery loves company and you are going to get it even if you have to break through a plastic bag!

- Jeremiah

I think G-d is very pleased with this man's faith and sees him as very precious in His sight. I think you are jealous that he has a real relationship with G-d and you don't. That is what I think the problem is here. Misery loves company and you are going to get it even if you have to break through a plastic bag!

- Jeremiah

Maybe his God just loves to see him just through hoops like a trained seal.
My God doesn't get off on having people embarrass themselves for his sake.
Wrapping oneself up in a trash bag is beyond the norm for any religion.
There is absolutely no rational thought that can explain this behavior.

El Al will not let passengers seal themselves in plastic, according to the link.

Fuck him - he has no right to force anyone to observe his fanatical theology. And no one needs to make an exception for him.

Don't like it? Don't fly.

His action was weird, and I do not think most Rabbis would have seen that as acceptable.

However, he didn't harm his surroundings. So what's the fuss about.

I am pointing out that El Al - the official Israeli airline - does not allow passengers to do this.

If anyone was going to be sensitive to Orthodox Jewish situations, it would be El Al.

They obviously believe it doesn't conform with their security protocols. And having flown El Al, I trust their security protocols.

Ok.

In the words of Hillary Clinton, WHAT DOES IT MATTER??!!! Good grief!

It doesn't matter.

It's just weird in a Howard Hughes kind of way.

Must say, it's pretty strange.

I don't recall Haredi Jews behaving this way. I think it's overkill to put yourself in a plastic bag, when obviously you have no control over the situation, not like you're sinning on porpuse.

That's weird.

- Jeremiah

Maybe his God just loves to see him just through hoops like a trained seal.
My God doesn't get off on having people embarrass themselves for his sake.
Wrapping oneself up in a trash bag is beyond the norm for any religion.
There is absolutely no rational thought that can explain this behavior.

Your god couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag. Never mind a plastic one. The G-d of Israel is the One true G-d. That Jewish man serves G-d. You call on your god and let him call on his and we will see which one answers! HA! - Jeremiah

- Jeremiah
You are right. I am jealous. And I am so pissed off at all this derogatory ridicule I have my own plastic bag and I'm wearing it right now!

Ok I understand that they are impure if they enter a cemetery according to the laws of Moses. But let's put this nonsense into perspective.

1 Even if he is of a priestly class,nobody flew in Moses time so I have doubts about flying over cemetery air space is covered.

2 there is no temple so he's not exactly in the same position as those who served in the temple of ancient times is he.? It's not like they are going before the Holy of Holies.

3 there are ways to purify yourself after becoming unclean from a dead body or sitting next to an unclean woman, so he can simply go do that when he lands.

4 these guys walk over dead bodies all the time without even knowing it. There are so many layers upon layers in that section of the world,and so many people buried where they dropped during wars, it's impossible to know whether or not if there's a three thousand year old body under foot or not. There is a big difference between recently deceased and long dead as far as disease is concerned. No transfer of contamination should be passed by flying in a plane over a cemetery. The whole thing is ridiculous and El Al should continue to discourage this behavior.

I disagree. He is a holy Jew. He is doing what he believes honors G-d and keeps him which is a heck of alot more than I see the rest of the world doing! If he chooses to follow his faith in his G-d what is that to anyone else? What business is it of yours? It is a crying shame there are not more people like him so concerned about honoring G-d in every detail of their life. You have no right to judge this man. Be quiet! - Jeri

Yeah because sealing yourself in a plastic bag brings so much honor and glory to God. This is why God gave ways to purify yourself after you've been made unclean. He knew there would be circumstances that were unavoidable to the priests. I can't imagine he wanted his priests to look like idiots or be disrespectful to all around them both of which this priest is. He's not following Gods rules or he would just follow the law of Moses and repurify himself like God told him to do in such cases. This guy is making God look like an unreasonable moron.

Forum List

Back