Orthodox Jew Flies In Plane, Covered In Huge Plastic Bag

If he was muslim they would've had an issue.

That's an assumption.

And a reasonable one. It doesn't matter that the person is a Jew. It matters that the behavior is easily considered socially bizarre and extremist by ANY perception, except, of course, extremists. Were it a Muslim engaged in behavior to a similar extreme, it is not an illogical assumption to say he would have been grounded, particularly by an Israeli airline. I'm not necessarily finding fault. The airline can make whatever policy they think is in their customers' or their best interest.

Assumptions are not false because they are assumptions. They are false if they are unreasonable assumptions. Every morning I make an assumption that my car will start, the 3,000 previous mornings that it HAS started being my primary premise. It's still an assumption. Tomorrow could be the day that the starter goes kaput.

jpOezc5.jpg

A picture of an Orthodox Jew encased in a giant plastic bag is causing some debate on the Internet this week, as commenters attempt to explain the man’s unusual traveling garb.

“An Orthodox Jew in an airplane with women – so he covers himself with a plastic bag…”
Orthodox Jew Flies In Plane Covered In Huge Plastic Bag, Possibly To Avoid Cemetery Flyover |
:confused:

Isn't he going to suffocate?

When people in sealed up plastic bags start hi-jacking planes, I'll start caring.

I care, if only for his own safety. How does he breathe? What happens if there's an emergency...it's gonna take him awhile to get out of that bag and how many people is he going to block from the emergency exit in the meantime?

That's not because of women, btw. That's statement is wrong.

That's because he's a Cohen and the flight passed on a cemetery.

The fact he follows his faith is refreshing. He obviously isn't worried about what the rest of the world thinks about it either. Good for him! :clap2:

- Jeri

If that is true, how do we deal with the fact that an oxygen tank, even a tiny one, is a powerful explosive device?

oh for heavens sakes! I was joking! Please!

Didn't look like a joke. You even defended it for several posts....

omg. Seriously? lol... I don't know what to tell you. I was joking. He may or may not be using an oxygen mask. SO WHAT??! What does it matter?

You want to worry about something? Forget the little Jewish man in the bag and concentrate on the following news flash:

We just had some terrorists set off explosives in Boston yesterday. 3 people dead and over 130 injured. Concentrate on that for awhile. Give the Jews a break for awhile. - Jeri

oh for heavens sakes! I was joking! Please!

Didn't look like a joke. You even defended it for several posts....

omg. Seriously? lol... I don't know what to tell you. I was joking. He may or may not be using an oxygen mask. SO WHAT??! What does it matter?

You want to worry about something? Forget the little Jewish man in the bag and concentrate on the following news flash:

We just had some terrorists set off explosives in Boston yesterday. 3 people dead and over 130 injured. Concentrate on that for awhile. Give the Jews a break for awhile. - Jeri

There's another thread dedicated to that. This thread is about a Jewish man that wrapped himself up in a plastic bag on an airplane. As for why it matters, if you were on an airplane with someone wearing a plastic bag, wouldn't you worry? For him if not for yourself? If he were wearing a hazmat suit, would you worry? Why or why not?

Personally, I think you finally figured out you were wrong but refuse to admit it so you call it a "joke".

Last edited:
Seriously? No I wasn't! I was joking! lol! It was a cute picture - I found nothing offensive about it - nothing offensive about a religious Jew following his beliefs - MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS - ( ...ahem ) The plastic bag doesn't worry me at all nor would it if I were sitting next to him. I wouldn't say a word about it... I might ask him for a blessing though! - Jeri

El Al will not let passengers seal themselves in plastic, according to the link.

Fuck him - he has no right to force anyone to observe his fanatical theology. And no one needs to make an exception for him.

Don't like it? Don't fly.

His action was weird, and I do not think most Rabbis would have seen that as acceptable.

However, he didn't harm his surroundings. So what's the fuss about.

I am pointing out that El Al - the official Israeli airline - does not allow passengers to do this.

If anyone was going to be sensitive to Orthodox Jewish situations, it would be El Al.

They obviously believe it doesn't conform with their security protocols. And having flown El Al, I trust their security protocols.

jpOezc5.jpg

A picture of an Orthodox Jew encased in a giant plastic bag is causing some debate on the Internet this week, as commenters attempt to explain the man’s unusual traveling garb.

“An Orthodox Jew in an airplane with women – so he covers himself with a plastic bag…”
Orthodox Jew Flies In Plane Covered In Huge Plastic Bag, Possibly To Avoid Cemetery Flyover |
:confused:

Isn't he going to suffocate?
If there is a God.

He may even make this year's Darwin Awards!

Forum List

Back