Orthodox Jew Flies In Plane, Covered In Huge Plastic Bag

I think G-d is very pleased with this man's faith and sees him as very precious in His sight. I think you are jealous that he has a real relationship with G-d and you don't. That is what I think the problem is here. Misery loves company and you are going to get it even if you have to break through a plastic bag!

- Jeremiah

I wish you'd call God God, or the Big G or something else, anything but G-d which makes me think of the words G*dD*mn

Ok I understand that they are impure if they enter a cemetery according to the laws of Moses. But let's put this nonsense into perspective.

1 Even if he is of a priestly class,nobody flew in Moses time so I have doubts about flying over cemetery air space is covered.

2 there is no temple so he's not exactly in the same position as those who served in the temple of ancient times is he.? It's not like they are going before the Holy of Holies.

3 there are ways to purify yourself after becoming unclean from a dead body or sitting next to an unclean woman, so he can simply go do that when he lands.

4 these guys walk over dead bodies all the time without even knowing it. There are so many layers upon layers in that section of the world,and so many people buried where they dropped during wars, it's impossible to know whether or not if there's a three thousand year old body under foot or not. There is a big difference between recently deceased and long dead as far as disease is concerned. No transfer of contamination should be passed by flying in a plane over a cemetery. The whole thing is ridiculous and El Al should continue to discourage this behavior.

I disagree. He is a holy Jew. He is doing what he believes honors G-d and keeps him which is a heck of alot more than I see the rest of the world doing! If he chooses to follow his faith in his G-d what is that to anyone else? What business is it of yours? It is a crying shame there are not more people like him so concerned about honoring G-d in every detail of their life. You have no right to judge this man. Be quiet! - Jeri

Yeah because sealing yourself in a plastic bag brings so much honor and glory to God. This is why God gave ways to purify yourself after you've been made unclean. He knew there would be circumstances that were unavoidable to the priests. I can't imagine he wanted his priests to look like idiots or be disrespectful to all around them both of which this priest is. He's not following Gods rules or he would just follow the law of Moses and repurify himself like God told him to do in such cases. This guy is making God look like an unreasonable moron.

Repurify?

He's a Cohen, it's different from their point of view. take that to mind, too.

The G-d of Israel is the One true G-d. ! - Jeremiah

It appears the God of Israel can't even afford an "o" and not even a capital one at that.
So I won't even bother playing your "My God is Better than Your God" game.

Last edited:
I think G-d is very pleased with this man's faith and sees him as very precious in His sight. I think you are jealous that he has a real relationship with G-d and you don't. That is what I think the problem is here. Misery loves company and you are going to get it even if you have to break through a plastic bag!

- Jeremiah

I wish you'd call God God, or the Big G or something else, anything but G-d which makes me think of the words G*dD*mn

The thread is about an orthodox Jew. That is how they spell G-d. Capeesh?

- Jeremiah

The thread is about an orthodox Jew. That is how they spell G-d. Capeesh?

I capeesh. I also know how it makes me think and I doubt I'm unique. Perhaps they should find a better way? Doesn't matter, I was just expressing my opinion, thought I had that right here.

Feel free, Sheila. But the Jews were spelling G-d that way long before you were born. It is out of their great respect for His name that they don't spell it fully. Maybe we could learn a few things from the Jews about respect. You think? - Jeri

After seeing this I believe God is just laughing at this fanatic asshole

Just because his action is not common, doesn't make him an asshole:eusa_hand:

Seriously? Wrapping himself in a plastic trash bag to avoid "cooties" on an airliner and you don't think that makes him an asshole? By most standard that would make him the dictionary definition of one.

After seeing this I believe God is just laughing at this fanatic asshole

Just because his action is not common, doesn't make him an asshole:eusa_hand:

Seriously? Wrapping himself in a plastic trash bag to avoid "cooties" on an airliner and you don't think that makes him an asshole? By most standard that would make him the dictionary definition of one.

That was not about "cotties", that was about the prohibition to pass a cemetery when you're a Cohen. I've said that and that's the reason he covered himself with the bag. His Rabbi also told that he counclted with him about this.

You don't have to cast your pearls before swine, Lipush. He isn't interested in any rationale explanations. He's just a pig looking for a mud fight. - Jeremiah

Feel free, Sheila. But the Jews were spelling G-d that way long before you were born. It is out of their great respect for His name that they don't spell it fully. Maybe we could learn a few things from the Jews about respect. You think? - Jeri

I'm sure some of us could learn a lot about respect from others of us.

Today G-D gives a different connotation and I find it disrespectful.

That was not about "cotties", that was about the prohibition to pass a cemetery when you're a Cohen. I've said that and that's the reason he covered himself with the bag. His Rabbi also told that he counclted with him about this.

That is if you go by one of the explanations, the other explanation is that he didn't want to sit next to a woman.

You don't have to cast your pearls before swine, Lipush. He isn't interested in any rationale explanations. He's just a pig looking for a mud fight. - Jeremiah

That is because there is no "rationale explanation" for his behavior.
Don't make the mistake that Im making this a religious argument. Air travel has been common for 6 decades now and has anyone ever heard of this before? If being in a sealed cabin at 50,000 feet above a cemetery is not enough, I doubt a plastic bag will help. This guy certifiably looney.

That is if you go by one of the explanations, the other explanation is that he didn't want to sit next to a woman.

He was not. He was sitting next to a Hareidi.

That is not at all an explanation, then.

Don't make the mistake that Im making this a religious argument. Air travel has been common for 6 decades now and has anyone ever heard of this before? If being in a sealed cabin at 50,000 feet above a cemetery is not enough, I doubt a plastic bag will help. This guy certifiably looney.

That still doesn't make him a bad person:eusa_hand:

That still doesn't make him a bad person:eusa_hand:

I never said he was a bad person, just said he was very strange and certifiable.

I'm sure some of us could learn a lot about respect from others of us.

Today G-D gives a different connotation and I find it disrespectful.

duly noted.

Forum List

Back