OUIJA BOARD

Ouija Boards. Just wondered what people really think of them. Are they just a board game or a real occult device used by folks who want to believe in something mystic?

Ouija - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I recently watched the movies Witchboard and Witchboard 2 .

Witchboard 1986 - IMDb
Witchboard 2 1993 - IMDb

Here's a fun generator.. BrainJar.com Ouija Board
Well I welcome all comments.

"Here’s how ideomotor action works. The planchette may seem to drag our hands along as it selects letters that spell out words, but it happens that muscular action does not always arise out of deliberate will or volition, or in fact, even upon our awareness. Our keen expectations for a certain outcome will sometimes direct the movements of our arms and hands as the planchette glides easily on felt-covered feet. This happens at a level that lies below our conscious attention. “Dousing” sticks or “divining” rods which also appear to move strangely on their own work in exactly this way by amplifying muscle movements. Whether we’re looking for buried pipes or for answers, though, subtle unacknowledged suggestions, not spirits, guide our actions. Yes, we select the letters ourselves in this game; it’s just that sometimes we don’t quite know that we do it or how we do it."
The Ouija Board Explained Psychology Today

God doesn't exist, the spiritual realm is ridiculous, and people are stupid. :)

How about just letting the board sit unattended without touching planchette or having a fan or something (pets) near to effect movement. How about leaving a note on or near the board, then seeing if there is any movement. I bet this has been tried. Havn't heard a logical answer just speculation.
And as far as God and spirits, it's sad for those who don't believe or less scary, you pick.

When I was in high school I had a friend who owned a Ouija Board. It did seem to have a mind of its own. However, all it could do was answer "Yes" or "No" questions. It could not spell out words.

When I was in high school I had a friend who owned a Ouija Board. It did seem to have a mind of its own. However, all it could do was answer "Yes" or "No" questions. It could not spell out words.

It spells out words (name initials, too)..........it just does it sdrawkcab (backwards).

Kcuf the spirit world!

Negative energy has been trying to infringe on my bright and positive aura for way too long.

Beyond that, aliens made a 2nd abduction attempt on me last nite, but it failed!

If Captain Howdy in the Exorcist didn't cure people of using a Ouija board nothing will.

People like being scared so things like the Ouija board sell, but evidence? No evidence.

Forum List

Back