Our Government Employees

Here comes the I work so hard crowd...fact is you work no harder than anyone else.
so freakin stupid
....the government is in HUGE debt--yet the don't lay people off like the private sector does and they spend MORE

Nobody cares....only you do. I walked off 3 private sector jobs without notice in my life...best 3 days of my life. Never worked for govt so really don't care. Nobody laid me off as I knew more than the boss wadwadwcapable of.

The DC clerk wouldn't accept their driver's license from New Mexico because he couldn't 'accept international driver's licenses.'

Then he asked if the man had a 'New Mexico passport.'

DC clerk stalls marriage over 'foreign' New Mexico ID card

Probably making 6 figures with benefits and will retire getting $150,000 a year and full insurance.

Do you have evidence of this alleged salary? Oh, and by the way, this would be an employee of the city, not the federal government.
City of DC is Federal dumb ass.

The city operates its own government pursuant to the Home Rule Act of 1973, dumbass.

So bob you think employees should die for their employers...itsiteasy to see your kind could agree with this.

So bob you think employees should die for their employers...itsiteasy to see your kind could agree with this.

StrawMan2.jpg

Govt employees are no threat to anything or anyone. Most all of them are simply people who applied for a job. Heaven forbid. There's an open job and one applies. And some complain about that. Hypocrites.

For many years, "professional" employees in the public sector were the bottom of the barrel. If you were a lawyer who graduated at the bottom pf your class, an engineer or an accountant who barely graduated, or a person with a generic college degree, the Government was the ideal pace for you.

At lower levels, governmemt attracted people who wanted more than anything else, job security, minimal work, good benefits, and early retirement. There were very few All Stars.

I worked for DoD for 5 years after leaving the Army, and all of this was true.

In recent years, however, Governmemt employment has been seen by a larger group as a Plum job, and i have the impression that the quality of people has risen. In my own personal dealings (mainly Social Security, Medicare, and the IRS), they have all seemed competent and supportive. No complaints.

Wow... All this bitching and moaning that is simply not true. At least not among Federal Employees.

Most federal employees are veterans who are decent people, or decent people with college degrees.

And just about all of them could be making more in the private sector in this economy. Most federal employees don't put profit as the number one reason to drag their ass out of bed in the morning. Just ask the agent tracking terror activity. Just ask the food inspector with a baby-food jar in his hand.

It's like judging every soldier by the incompetence of one individual. And if you don't like the leadership, fire the leadership. Don't take it out on the boots on the ground - demand competence and training during the primaries, and then be willing to pay your fair share of taxes to get civil servants who're up to your exacting standards.

The DC clerk wouldn't accept their driver's license from New Mexico because he couldn't 'accept international driver's licenses.'

Probably making 6 figures with benefits and will retire getting $150,000 a year and full insurance.

Do you have evidence of this alleged salary? Oh, and by the way, this would be an employee of the city, not the federal government.

The city operates its own government pursuant to the Home Rule Act of 1973, dumbass.
They are PAID by FEDERAL funds thus federal employees.

They are PAID by FEDERAL funds thus federal employees.

Actually, they're paid by city funds. The city taxes its residents, and controls its spending. The federal government merely owns the box the funds are stored in. Fun fact: federal law requires the District of Columbia to enact only balanced budgets.

morons
they get GREAT benefits
my dad worked for the government and would always talk about the lazy idiots
some would sleep on the job/etc
...I think he accrued a whole years pay [ month's of sick days ] of sick time and same with vacation
....plus all the $$$ wasted on crap that would NEVER be allowed in the private sector--with the private sector MAKING $$$ and not in debt !!!!!
GSA finds more than $250,000 spent on one-day event - CNNPolitics

That was NOT a federal employee in the OP, so I would suggest remedial reading classes for you.

Forum List

Back