Out of ALL the Things Trump has been Accused of, this Could be the Worst

Trump is trying to enforce the law, democrooks are trying to get judges to rewrite it.

No, he is trying usurp the way this country is supposed to work. It isn't up to the Executive Branch of the government to create and pass laws. It's his job to ENFORCE it. This country has systems in place for a reason, to keep any branch of government from having too much power. Him telling a person to BREAK the law purposely, and that he promised them a pardon, is not how to handle things. If he don't like the law, then he needs to get Congress to change it. The Republican party is supposed to be the "party that supports law enforcement," and this is certainly not a way to show it.
You mean like how Obama enforced the Immigration laws?

Not sure what is so hard to understand here. Trump TOLD SOMEONE TO BREAK THE LAW. The President of the United States told someone to purposely break the law, and then abused his power by offering to pardon him for it. Nothing Obama did is remotely the same to this. Quit trying the old, "Well but so and so did it!"

No, pay attention to what is going on NOW. In the present. There is a reason politics has become a complete cesspool, and that is because no one wants to hold the politicians accountable for what they are doing, instead people just compare them to other politicians and let it slide. Trump ran on the idea of "Draining the swamp" and holding people accountable... and here we are talking about him doing this, and none of you want to hold him accountable.

Now it's fact that Trump told someone to break the law?
See how fast the OP took a rumor and now believes it?

That's all it takes folks, a matter of minutes for a rumor to become truth no matter which side you are on.

When are people going to wake up and start thinking?

"What good fortune for those in power that the people do not think"
Adolfo Hitler as he destroyed Germany and the rest of Europe.

Because Neilson stepped down due to Trump pressuring her to go back to the family separation policy and in fact go even farther with it.

I thought we were talking about the claim that Trump told someone in the border patrol to deny immigrants the chance to apply for asylum and to simply put them back into Mexico.

No, pay attention to what is going on NOW. In the present. There is a reason politics has become a complete cesspool, and that is because no one wants to hold the politicians accountable for what they are doing, instead people just compare them to other politicians and let it slide. Trump ran on the idea of "Draining the swamp" and holding people accountable... and here we are talking about him doing this, and none of you want to hold him accountable.

Oh i pay attention, at least to Trump's remarkable penchant for turning the WH into some bad apprentice episode.

In a nutshell, those policies Trump can't delegate through congress end up a no win situation for his subordinates, whom he wishes to take the legal or ethical blame

I'm sure his pep talks reek of those kamikazie pilots parted japan with.

So while in the moment, we're focused on Trump's ethical nature as a leader, in the grander scope he's simply proving himself ineffective by crossing these lines.

Or perhaps it's finally dawned on him his wall is no more that a political fasade compared to the policies at play

~S~

Because Neilson stepped down due to Trump pressuring her to go back to the family separation policy and in fact go even farther with it.

I thought we were talking about the claim that Trump told someone in the border patrol to deny immigrants the chance to apply for asylum and to simply put them back into Mexico.

We are, but you asked me why I believe it to be true. The reason why I don't put it past him as being true, is because despite all the negative press he got for it, and the fact he tried to blame Obama for the policy and said it was horrible, he wanted Nielson to start doing it again and even extend the policy to affect more families. He says one thing and does another.

If it is true that he told someone to break the law purposely, and told them he would just give them a pardon, that is a serious abuse of power, and a slap in the face of this nation's criminal justice system.

Trump reportedly promised to pardon CBP head if he violated immigration law – as it happened

Desperate times, demand desperate measure, which cause desperate men to make statements that show how low can you go

He runs the government like he runs his business

It is all about me

Trump is trying to enforce the law, democrooks are trying to get judges to rewrite it.

No, he is trying usurp the way this country is supposed to work. It isn't up to the Executive Branch of the government to create and pass laws. It's his job to ENFORCE it. This country has systems in place for a reason, to keep any branch of government from having too much power. Him telling a person to BREAK the law purposely, and that he promised them a pardon, is not how to handle things. If he don't like the law, then he needs to get Congress to change it. The Republican party is supposed to be the "party that supports law enforcement," and this is certainly not a way to show it.
IF IT IS TRUE

It is an impeachable offense...

it is also impeachable for him to direct the IRS not to follow 6103f and give Chairman Neal, the tax returns requested by him.... and an abuse of power to dangle a pardon for illegal purposes...

Sometimes I wonder if he really wants to be removed from office? He sure does go out of his way, in trying to make that happen...

Does he want to be impeached so that he can resign beforehand, and then have Pence pardon him for any crimes known, and unknown that he may have committed?:dunno:

The constitution states that he MUST execute the laws of the land in good faith.... it's right there in the constitution.... to faithfully execute the laws passed by congress.... not change them, not tweak them, not break them...

The main responsibility of the President is to faithfully execute the laws passed by Congress. This means that it is the Executive’s sole responsibility to enforce the law, and they must do so as exactly as Congress has detailed in law. In Clinton v. City of New York, the Court held that “line-item” vetoes were unconstitutional. These vetoes allowed the President to cancel certain portions of budget bills while allowing the remainder of the bill to pass. The Court ruled this was unconstitutional because it let the President change the law that Congress had already passed. This was viewed as an unconstitutional expansion of the power of the Executive, whose role was solely to carry out the laws rather than change them.

In Printz v. The United States, the Brady Handgun Prevent bill was struck down as unconstitutional because it forced state officials – local police officers – to enforce a federal regulatory scheme. The Court listed various reasons for striking down the bill, one of which was the role of the Executive as the only branch responsible for executing the law. Justice Scalia, writing for the majority, stated “The Constitution does not leave to speculation who is to administer the laws enacted by Congress; the President, it says, “shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed.”

The President cannot alter how the law is to be implemented when specific instructions have been provided by Congress. This was affirmed recently in the 2014 decision Utility Air Regulatory Group v. E.P.A., where the Court held that the EPA had over-stepped its authority in changing certain limits in a statute to make the law more workable. Determining that the language in the law was clear, the Court held that the agency could not change the limits in the law. The Executive branch did not have the power to change the law once passed, even if it wasn’t working well in practice.

Clinton v. City of New York (1998)
Printz v. US (1997)

Article II, Section 3 Responsibilities of the Executive

If it is true that he told someone to break the law purposely, and told them he would just give them a pardon, that is a serious abuse of power, and a slap in the face of this nation's criminal justice system.

Trump reportedly promised to pardon CBP head if he violated immigration law – as it happened

Yeah, I heard this today.

Cannot say I am surprised - Trump is SUCH a spoiled brat.

And worse - he is a dangerous spoiled brat.

Ahhh well...barring a war (or the Dems fielding some extremist candidate like Sanders), Trump is gone in 2021...guaranteed.

No kidding, is that how we got DACA?

DACA and what Trump did is not the even close to being in the same ballpark.

So that's the difference? Laws and policies can be made by a president, depending on how close?

You can't stay on topic.

Well, considering your "expertise" on how laws and policies pass, I thought that was on topic. But hey, what do I know.

DACA was a policy, not a law. I said the Legislative Branch creates and passes laws, not the Executive Branch.

Policies are not the same as laws... thus why Trump said that he would end the policy because he said Congress needed to create and pass a law to replace it.
Where did trump say he was going to pass a law?

Just like allowing illegals immigrants to cross into our country, and the left allows them to stay is against the law, and sanctuary cities are against our immigration laws, the same as trump instituting a policy to side with people who are trying to enforce our laws

DACA and what Trump did is not the even close to being in the same ballpark.

So that's the difference? Laws and policies can be made by a president, depending on how close?

You can't stay on topic.

Well, considering your "expertise" on how laws and policies pass, I thought that was on topic. But hey, what do I know.

DACA was a policy, not a law. I said the Legislative Branch creates and passes laws, not the Executive Branch.

Policies are not the same as laws... thus why Trump said that he would end the policy because he said Congress needed to create and pass a law to replace it.

Just like allowing illegals immigrants to cross into our country, and the left allows them to stay is against the law, and sanctuary cities are against our immigration laws, the same as trump instituting a policy to side with people who are trying to enforce our laws

Allegedly he asked someone to break the law... and he'd pardon him for it. You can't create a policy that supersedes a law. It will be found unconstitutional in court.

You can't stay on topic.

Allegedly he asked someone to break the law... and he'd pardon him for it. You can't create a policy that supersedes a law. It will be found unconstitutional in court.

Hmmm, sounds like we're getting back to DACA, a policy that supersedes a law....good job.

You can't stay on topic.

Hmmm, sounds like we're getting back to DACA, a policy that supersedes a law....good job.
Thats why DACA went thru congress. Because congress makes laws.

DACA is not a law, it's a policy...dumbass.

DACA has never been passed by Congress. Dream Act 2017: Summary and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions - National Immigration Law Center

Get your facts straight as Obama created DACA outside of Congress. Congress has been trying to create a law i.e. The Dream Act of 2017 would grant recipients an initial conditional permanent resident status. To be eligible, applicants would have to: but it has NOT BEEN PASSED!

Leftards move from one fake outrage to another.

Exactly! That is why any one of us arguing with the OP about a subject that includes the word "IF" is a total waste of time. Let the Left come into this thread and massage one another, they need a new fantasy, now that all of their fantasies are getting destroyed, lol.

Leftards move from one fake outrage to another.

Are they devious and traitorous enough to know it's fake and go with it anyway, or stupid enough to believe the shit they frantically peddle?

Another blockbuster allegation fizzles out:

The Latest: DHs denies Trump urged 'anything illegal'

Up next:

- Trump eats live baby; this would be shocking if true.
- Trump orders limo drive to mow down group of school children; this would be shocking if true.
- Trump steals Crown Jewels from the Queen of England; this would be shocking if true.
- Trump launches nuclear bombs at France; this would be shocking if true.

Forum List

Back