Out of ALL the Things Trump has been Accused of, this Could be the Worst

If it is true that he told someone to break the law purposely, and told them he would just give them a pardon, that is a serious abuse of power, and a slap in the face of this nation's criminal justice system.

Trump reportedly promised to pardon CBP head if he violated immigration law – as it happened

The left and their media parrots are constantly accusing Trump of nefarious activities. Why should they be believed this time?

If proven true where you going to stand on this? This is quite the egregious abuse of power.
There it is "IF proven true". That is all Democrats have done since Donald Trump took office. Throw "If trues" against the wall and see if anything sticks.
If true is what starts all their lies. The next step is.alleged to be true. Then it's a fact. Like the Russian dossier and the pee tapes.

Looks like Lewdog is reaching deep to take the focus away from the mess democrats created. :)

Are you concerned about the voters seeing the problems your party has created, Lewdog?
upload_2019-4-13_8-39-25.png

Trump is trying to enforce the law, democrooks are trying to get judges to rewrite it.

No, he is trying usurp the way this country is supposed to work. It isn't up to the Executive Branch of the government to create and pass laws. It's his job to ENFORCE it. This country has systems in place for a reason, to keep any branch of government from having too much power. Him telling a person to BREAK the law purposely, and that he promised them a pardon, is not how to handle things. If he don't like the law, then he needs to get Congress to change it. The Republican party is supposed to be the "party that supports law enforcement," and this is certainly not a way to show it.
you should try and read the duties of POTUS in the constitution,,,no where does it say he is to enforce laws,,,
but there is a place where he is to grant pardons,,,

If it is true that he told someone to break the law purposely, and told them he would just give them a pardon, that is a serious abuse of power, and a slap in the face of this nation's criminal justice system.

Trump reportedly promised to pardon CBP head if he violated immigration law – as it happened

No collusion, no conspiracy, no obstruction. Lots of butthurt.
No, it sounds exactly like what Trump would say. Obviously the CBP wouldn't do it, but he probably was not alone when Trump said it, and someone found it interesting gossip. It's just Trump running his mouth as usual, but as is often the case, when Trump runs his mouth, we learn what he really thinks.
He would love to ignore the laws. He has made this more than clear with everything he has tried with immigration, starting with his Muslim ban attempts.

All hyperbole and conjecture. Prior presidents have said and done questionable things as well.
Quote me where Obama or Bush ever told their law enforcement branches -- any of them -- to break the law and not worry--he'd pardon them.

The left and their media parrots are constantly accusing Trump of nefarious activities. Why should they be believed this time?

If proven true where you going to stand on this? This is quite the egregious abuse of power.
Get back to us when it IS proven true, and I don't mean a bunch of hearsay by anonymous sources.

BTW... it has already been denied.

No, it sounds exactly like what Trump would say. Obviously the CBP wouldn't do it, but he probably was not alone when Trump said it, and someone found it interesting gossip. It's just Trump running his mouth as usual, but as is often the case, when Trump runs his mouth, we learn what he really thinks.
He would love to ignore the laws. He has made this more than clear with everything he has tried with immigration, starting with his Muslim ban attempts.

All hyperbole and conjecture. Prior presidents have said and done questionable things as well.
Quote me where Obama or Bush ever told their law enforcement branches -- any of them -- to break the law and not worry--he'd pardon them.
You have a direct quote from a recording of Trump saying this?

I'm surprised you aren't requiring that I actually was there. But then if I bore witness to it, you still wouldn't believe me.
Recording.... lol. Wouldn't that be spying in your book? Shouldn't I be locked up for that?

I'm surprised you aren't requiring that I actually was there. But then if I bore witness to it, you still wouldn't believe me.
Recording.... lol. Wouldn't that be spying in your book? Shouldn't I be locked up for that?
A recorder eliminates the charge of 'hearsay'. We have far too many fake news stories that are based on 'anonymous' sources and hearsay.

What I want to know is why are you and the left so ready to believe this without any proof? Can it be you are hoping that he is like that so that you can be right on an internet message board?

So, you have proof he said this?

Looks like Lewdog is reaching deep to take the focus away from the mess democrats created. :)

Are you concerned about the voters seeing the problems your party has created, Lewdog?

Democrats are not my party. The only party I was ever a part of was Republicans until they decided to back this shit show called Trump.

Trump is trying to enforce the law, democrooks are trying to get judges to rewrite it.

No, he is trying usurp the way this country is supposed to work. It isn't up to the Executive Branch of the government to create and pass laws. It's his job to ENFORCE it. This country has systems in place for a reason, to keep any branch of government from having too much power. Him telling a person to BREAK the law purposely, and that he promised them a pardon, is not how to handle things. If he don't like the law, then he needs to get Congress to change it. The Republican party is supposed to be the "party that supports law enforcement," and this is certainly not a way to show it.
You mean like how Obama enforced the Immigration laws?

Not sure what is so hard to understand here. Trump TOLD SOMEONE TO BREAK THE LAW. The President of the United States told someone to purposely break the law, and then abused his power by offering to pardon him for it. Nothing Obama did is remotely the same to this. Quit trying the old, "Well but so and so did it!"

No, pay attention to what is going on NOW. In the present. There is a reason politics has become a complete cesspool, and that is because no one wants to hold the politicians accountable for what they are doing, instead people just compare them to other politicians and let it slide. Trump ran on the idea of "Draining the swamp" and holding people accountable... and here we are talking about him doing this, and none of you want to hold him accountable.

What you don't understand is that people who support trump will never have any problem with anything he does.

trump was right, he can shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any supporters.

There is nothing that man can do that his supporters won't either try to justify, excuse or lie or change the subject.

We saw the same behavior with the same people during the bush boy's time in the White House. They lied and rationalized and tried to justify torture, invading Iraq using lies, outing a CIA spy and a long list of other crimes. To this day those people still blame democrats for the crash of our economy by the bush boy and republican deregulation and tax cuts.

These are the same people who demanded Obama's birth certificate. When they got it, they called it a fraud. To this day they still demand a birth certificate and his college transcripts. Which is something no other president has had to produce. Yet when the people of this nation want to see what every candidate for president has released since nixon the same people lie, try to justify and scream that it's wrong for anyone to see trump's taxes.

You're wasting your time with these people.

Fast and furious was breaking the law and no one got arrested.

[

What you don't understand is that people who support trump will never have any problem with anything he does.

trump was right, he can shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any supporters.

There is nothing that man can do that his supporters won't either try to justify, excuse or lie or change the subject.

We saw the same behavior with the same people during the bush boy's time in the White House. They lied and rationalized and tried to justify torture, invading Iraq using lies, outing a CIA spy and a long list of other crimes. To this day those people still blame democrats for the crash of our economy by the bush boy and republican deregulation and tax cuts.

You're wasting your time with these people.

What we DO understand is that people who hate America will NEVER allow immigration law to be enforced. You will always find some sleazy and dishonest Obama judge to halt enforcement of laws passed by the actual legislature.

You want to end this nation and will do ANYTHING to do so. Your coup failed, this is just a temper tantrum, what will you traitors do now? I'm guessing violence.

you should try and read the duties of POTUS in the constitution,,,no where does it say he is to enforce laws,,,
but there is a place where he is to grant pardons,,,

Enforcing laws is what the Executive Branch does... that's why the President is called the chief law enforcement official in the country. :rolleyes:

This means he doesn't physically enforce the laws, but rather that he manages those that do.

This is a perfect example of why civics courses need to be a higher priority. If people don't understand the powers of different political positions then they certainly shouldn't be voting people into office without realizing if they are right for the job or have been executing their job correctly.

Democrats are not my party. The only party I was ever a part of was Republicans until they decided to back this shit show called Trump.
:laugh:

Are you saying you suddenly became stupid when Trump kicked hillary’s ass? lol

A recorder eliminates the charge of 'hearsay'. We have far too many fake news stories that are based on 'anonymous' sources and hearsay.

What I want to know is why are you and the left so ready to believe this without any proof? Can it be you are hoping that he is like that so that you can be right on an internet message board?

So, you have proof he said this?
Funny that people around here only insist on "proof" when it is something they don't want to hear.
I actually wish the source had come forward, too, but I'm sure he/she would have been fired on the spot. I believe Trump said it because it sounds exactly like the kind of half baked "solution" he would come up with. It's what he would like to have happen. Sadly, as President he has the bully pulpit and could be working with Congress on changes to the laws that would allow changes in policy, but NO. He's not able to do that, so he just says step around those laws that are inconvenient.

However, the fact that Trump said that doesn't actually amount to much. It is just another negative piece of gossip, because it was not acted on and the media made sure it got out there so he won't be able to get people to do it. We'll be watching now to be sure.

Forum List

Back