Over 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open since $15 Minimum Wage!

I posted a thread yesterday about Red states raising taxes to produce revenue to support/repair state infrastructure, ie bridges/roads ..

I wonder how many people lost their jobs and went bankrupt because of higher taxes ?

es

Not just that....but imagine how much money did not trickle down in those states

Imagine how many people got a pass on their taxes.

Interestingly the restaurants that are opening are mostly take out places that don't require a large staff.

Serve yourself and wash your own dishes.

More than 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open Since $15 Minimum Wage Became Law!

In-spite of relentless Republican Lies claiming the opposite.

I don't see any opened since Seattle minimum wage ordinance went to effect, meaning today.

What will you say when they do? Because according to your logic, all Restaurants in Washington should be closing immediately. The sky is falling, no?

I simply point that OP is a lie. The law is in effect starting today.

So no Restaurants will be opening in Washington once the law goes into effect? Ok, we'll see. I'll be here to call you on that absurd logic.

I posted a thread yesterday about Red states raising taxes to produce revenue to support/repair state infrastructure, ie bridges/roads ..

I wonder how many people lost their jobs and went bankrupt because of higher taxes ?

es

Not just that....but imagine how much money did not trickle down in those states

You mean those who barely make enough to survive on?

So no Restaurants will be opening in Washington once the law goes into effect? Ok, we'll see. I'll be here to call you on that absurd logic.

So no restaurant will be closing in Seattle since law goes into effect?

Obviously Restaurants will continue to close. But i won't be claiming it's solely because of this new law. Unlike your warped logic, which says that every restaurant closing in Washington is solely because of this new law.

Hundreds of Restaurants close every year in places like Florida, which only pays its Servers and Bartenders $2.50 - $3.00 an hr. So your logic is very illogical.

es

You mean those who barely make enough to survive on?

cry me a river.

Obviously Restaurants will continue to close. But i won't be claiming it's solely because of this new law. Unlike your warped logic, which says that every restaurant closing in Washington is solely because of this new law.

Hundreds of Restaurants close every year in places like Florida, which only pays its Servers and Bartenders $2.50 - $3.00 an hr. So your logic is very illogical.

How about you first find here on in other thread where I SAID that restaurants are closing solely because of the new law before you open your lying jaws.

How about you first find here on in other thread where I SAID that restaurants are closing solely because of the new law before you open your lying jaws.

Well, now you're beginning to sound logical. You're at least backing off that absurd claim you've made in the past. It's progress. I'll take what i can get at this point.

Well, now you're beginning to sound logical. You're at least backing off that absurd claim you've made in the past. It's progress. I'll take what i can get at this point.

I can't back off of the things I never said. If someone else said it, don't point it on me.

However, I did joined the conversation in the other thread and gave my opinions about minimum wage increase and had heated conversation with you about the subject.

You're an idiot. No Republican said that and it says nothing. Many restaurants can afford it because their customers can afford it. The point was that not all will be able to afford the increase. Why is that so hard?
It's a simple math. All they have to do is increase their prices. In general all prices will go up so if I'm a customer why bother to go somewhere else. The notion of restaurants closing due to $15. min wage is irrelevant.
You should be the CEO of a multinational corporation. You broke it down in such simple terms. The analysis so lucid. Simply raise the prices and all will pay!

Oh wait, people don't NEED to eat out. Never mind.

The truth of the matter is I am a CEO with 2,500 direct employees world wide. you don't have to pay, you can stay home and cook if you want. Can you live with the current min. wage? Even with the $15. can you live with that? Restaurants have increased their prices all the time for many years BUT NOT THE MIN. WAGE. Did customers went away?

You're an idiot. No Republican said that and it says nothing. Many restaurants can afford it because their customers can afford it. The point was that not all will be able to afford the increase. Why is that so hard?
It's a simple math. All they have to do is increase their prices. In general all prices will go up so if I'm a customer why bother to go somewhere else. The notion of restaurants closing due to $15. min wage is irrelevant.
You should be the CEO of a multinational corporation. You broke it down in such simple terms. The analysis so lucid. Simply raise the prices and all will pay!

The truth of the matter is I am a CEO with 2,500 direct employees world wide. you don't have to pay, you can stay home and cook if you want. Can you live with the current min. wage? Even with the $15. can you live with that? Restaurants have increased their prices all the time for many years BUT NOT THE MIN. WAGE. Did customers went away?

Those who can't cook didn't.

I don't make minimum wage you retard. You are CEO of your toilet, maybe. It's a starting wage, not something people are supposed to raise families on. LOL.

So typical of liberals declaring success before actually achieving success

The previous topic was so typical of faux right wingers cheering on failure before actually achieving failure.

Even now, your post carries the taint of hoping for failure.

So acknowledging there is a business risk to increasing labor costs = cheering for failure? Are you off your meds again?

Its probably a bunch of retard libs starting the new restaurants. A competent business person would think twice about doing business in a city intent on punishing success with taxes and government mandated wages.

Forum List

Back