Over 50% of US babies were born on Medicaid

Cradle to grave government dependence was Obamas big sell and anybody that made objections was racist.
Trumps working to toss that and all the loathing of Trump here has a lot to do with that

Exactly. Trump's own administration proudly admitted they created 20 million more new government dependents on Commie Care. Add to that the 20 million more new government dependents he created on food stamps. Those two programs alone created over 40 million more new government dependents. It was no accident by any stretch of the imagination.

Please post evidence that shows these people are govt dependents rather than short term users.

Cradle to grave government dependence was Obamas big sell and anybody that made objections was racist.
Trumps working to toss that and all the loathing of Trump here has a lot to do with that

Exactly. Trump's own administration proudly admitted they created 20 million more new government dependents on Commie Care. Add to that the 20 million more new government dependents he created on food stamps. Those two programs alone created over 40 million more new government dependents. It was no accident by any stretch of the imagination.

Please post evidence that shows these people are govt dependents rather than short term users.

Once people are on Commie Care, they are not getting off unless it gets so expensive they can no longer afford it. Food Stamps are decreasing because of Republicans cutting funds and Republican governors enforcing requirements for people with no dependents. Other than that, people would stay on those programs for as long as we let them.

You dopes are the same guys who say people shouldn't be forced to get health insurance . So young people don't get health insurance . Guess who has babies ??? YOUNG HEALTHY PEOLPLE!

Yes, it's true we put a lot of aid into having healthy babies . Why ? Because it's the right thing to do AND it saves the taxpayer in the long run.

Unless you'd rather have sick babies being born ? Penny wise , pound foolish .

Subsidize something and you get more of it. Subsidize irresponsible behavior, get more of it.
Solve simple poverty on an at-will basis through unemployment compensation in our at-will employment States.

The right wing prefers to "blame the poor for their poor lifestyle choices", that happen to make the poor poorer and the rich richer.

So their poor choices, say doing drugs, makes them poorer. How does that make the rich richer? Unless they're a drug dealer.
dear, tax cuts for the rich and benefits cuts for the poor, can Only happen on an Institutional basis in our Republic.

When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

In almost half of the United States, 50% or more babies born were on Medicaid
Well, repugs are opposed to abortion, birth control, planned parenthood, and sex education. You expected a different outcome?

I am opposed to killing babies. I think if you need birth control you should pay for it. Planned Abortion instead of Parenthood should stop doing abortions on my dime. I am not opposed to sex education, and I don't think I am alone. That makes you totally confused, doesn't it? I guess truth hurts.

You do not pay for Planned Parenthood abortions.

How do you figure that? Liberal BS????

How can one separate funds that all go into an entity and say X money is going for this and X money is going for that? You can't. It's impossible.

It's called accounting, dumbass.

Federal money goes to them in the form of reimbursement for covered Medicaid services that have already been provided.
Grants can only be used for the specified purpose.

When I get into debates with liberals about our social programs, it doesn't take long for a few to chime in and tell us about some unfortunate person who had children and then lost control over supporting them. Yeah, I'm sure that's the typical case.

On the right, we have asserted that this is not the typical case. The typical case is poor people having children knowing they can't afford them, but have them anyhow because we working people will have to support them.

That debate is now over. In over half of the states across the country, over 50% of babies are born using Medicaid, further proof that the so-called poor have more children than do the working on average. Either that, or half of the country is on Medicaid. Either way, something has to change.

In almost half of the United States, 50% or more babies born were on Medicaid
Well, repugs are opposed to abortion, birth control, planned parenthood, and sex education. You expected a different outcome?

I am opposed to killing babies. I think if you need birth control you should pay for it. Planned Abortion instead of Parenthood should stop doing abortions on my dime. I am not opposed to sex education, and I don't think I am alone. That makes you totally confused, doesn't it? I guess truth hurts.

You do not pay for Planned Parenthood abortions.

How do you figure that? Liberal BS????

How can one separate funds that all go into an entity and say X money is going for this and X money is going for that? You can't. It's impossible.

It's called accounting, dumbass.

Federal money goes to them in the form of reimbursement for covered Medicaid services that have already been provided.
Grants can only be used for the specified purpose.

No, it does't work that way. You can use all the accounting tricks you want. You can't separate money that goes into one fund.

If they say they use 5 million in government funds for mammograms, birth control, and prenatal care, and 5 million in private donations for abortions, then when the 5 million from government is gone, they will need to take some of that 5 million in abortion money and use that to cover what government funds used to cover for mammograms, prenatal care and birth control.

I have no problem paying taxes to help support my fellow American's health, especially for the kids....I was raised around a fellow that said it was best, his name was Jesus Christ..

Jesus Christ taught us to help those who could not help themselves--not those who could help themselves...... especially to other people's money.
I don't know of too many kids that can take care of themselves..

We're not talking about the kids, we are talking about the parents. If you really want to help the kids in the future, then support taking kids away from parents that can't afford to have or raise them. That will cut down unwanted pregnancies by at least 50%.
I'm not an ass when it comes to judging folks because they don't live a standard you require...

My only standard is don't use taxpayer money to get the things you want in life.

Like that sweet job driving truck on the federal interstate highway system? :laugh2:

30 million families receive government assistance. Working three jobs means 60 million unfilled jobs out there waiting to be filled

Your buckle down and work harder makes a great bumper sticker for your conservative buddies, but as a practical solution on a national level it is ridiculous

It's only a ridiculous notion to someone lazy and entitled like yourself. There were plenty of times in the past I worked more than one job and I would do it again if ever needed. There used to be an understanding in this country that you earned your own keep. Then LBJ came along with his welfare state and the result is people like you who somehow feel working hard is beneath you.

You dopes are the same guys who say people shouldn't be forced to get health insurance . So young people don't get health insurance . Guess who has babies ??? YOUNG HEALTHY PEOLPLE!

Yes, it's true we put a lot of aid into having healthy babies . Why ? Because it's the right thing to do AND it saves the taxpayer in the long run.

Subsidize something and you get more of it. Subsidize irresponsible behavior, get more of it.

So what is the humane way to discourage the poor from having children? Simply deny Medicaid to any babies born beyond, say, the first one in a poor family?

What's your plan?

Why do I have to come up with a plan for irresponsible people? If you can't afford a child don't have one. If you do, then that's your tough shit. Figure it out. That's life. I have one kid who was born when I was 20. We made it work without government handouts.

When you realize that a very large number of those babies will grow up to be dependent on the government for everything, it almost makes a pretty convincing case for Planned Parenthood.

peepwalla.gif
No, it really doesn't. Planned Parenthood is just a chop shop. They encourage behavior that results in pregnancy, so they can make money by terminating those pregnancies.

Yep, their name says it all. :laugh2:

Maybe you'd prefer that all those Medicaid babies had been aborted?

Or taken away for adoption. If you take the incentive away of having children on government programs, that will greatly reduce the amount of people having kids while on Medicaid.

Who's going to adopt half of the children born in the US? You already have hundreds of thousands of kids growing up in foster care because there aren't enough families who want to adopt them.

Where are you going to find enough middle class families to take all these kids in year after year?

Many aren't desirable because they're disabled. A good portion those is the result of fetal-alcohol syndrome. At the end of the day, I'm not ignorant enough to believe humans are somehow superior, simply because the bible or ego says so. No other species is as fucked as we are.
The kids in foster care are not put up for adoption. Dragonliar is presenting a false premise (aka "LIE"). Kids are not in the foster system because there is nobody who will adopt them. They are in the foster system because they were put there, and the state won't allow anybody to adopt them.

Not true. There are hundreds of thousands of kids in the foster care system whose parental rights are terminated who are waiting for forever homes.

Some foster kids are there temporarily, until parents can get their act together, and the kids return home, but if their parents rights are terminated, the children are placed with adoptive parents, as soon as possible. Upwards of 100,000 kids per year are in limbo, awaiting a permanent home that never comes.

The majority age-out and are kicked with nothing at eighteen.

30 million families receive government assistance. Working three jobs means 60 million unfilled jobs out there waiting to be filled

Your buckle down and work harder makes a great bumper sticker for your conservative buddies, but as a practical solution on a national level it is ridiculous

It's only a ridiculous notion to someone lazy and entitled like yourself. There were plenty of times in the past I worked more than one job and I would do it again if ever needed. There used to be an understanding in this country that you earned your own keep. Then LBJ came along with his welfare state and the result is people like you who somehow feel working hard is beneath you.

Used to be more "extra jobs" available
Used to be you could get a low skilled job that still paid the bills
Used to be you could get a union job and be set for life
Used to be minimum wage would pay for some life essentials

That is before Republicans sold out to corporate America

So what is the humane way to discourage the poor from having children? Simply deny Medicaid to any babies born beyond, say, the first one in a poor family?

What's your plan?

Why do I have to come up with a plan for irresponsible people? If you can't afford a child don't have one. If you do, then that's your tough shit. Figure it out. That's life. I have one kid who was born when I was 20. We made it work without government handouts.

Ok, so you support ending Medicaid. Period.

Stop pretending you don't.

Jesus Christ taught us to help those who could not help themselves--not those who could help themselves...... especially to other people's money.
I don't know of too many kids that can take care of themselves..

We're not talking about the kids, we are talking about the parents. If you really want to help the kids in the future, then support taking kids away from parents that can't afford to have or raise them. That will cut down unwanted pregnancies by at least 50%.
I'm not an ass when it comes to judging folks because they don't live a standard you require...

My only standard is don't use taxpayer money to get the things you want in life.

Like that sweet job driving truck on the federal interstate highway system? :laugh2:

We pay our own way. We pay taxes on every mile we drive. Any vehicle over two axles has to pay road taxes on each axle. Then we pay fuel taxes. My truck averages about six miles per gallon, and the federal taxes alone are 24.3 cents per gallon. That's on top of state taxes as well.

If not for all the money coming from transportation companies, many of our roads would be a disaster and gasoline tax would at least be double of what it is today.

So among those of you who think we should let poor kids die for lack of healthcare, to I guess teach their parents a lesson of some sort,

shouldn't we also deny those kids an education?

Yeah, sure, tard, automation and technological advances would have never happened if it weren't for evil Republicans colluding with corporate America. I'm sure the buggy makers were pretty upset when Henry Ford starting cranking out automobiles. Good thing Bernie Sanders wasn't around then to halt the production of Fords and rein in that greedy corporatist making them.

"Used to be" sounds like a wonderful Utopia, but this is now. Learn a new skill. Make yourself needed and if all else fails, well, the world needs ditch diggers too. Who's responsibility is it to make sure you have the skills to get a job? Oh, yeah, yours.

More excuses and finger pointing at everyone else but yourself.

When did minimum wage ever pay for some life essentials? I worked plenty of minimum wage jobs back in the 70's and early 80's, and I had to work many more hours just to make ends meet.

There are plenty of jobs in America, it's just that Americans would rather sit home and smoke pot instead of securing an income. When I was a teen, you were lucky to get a job at McDonald's. Today, they use application as place mats for their trays. They can't find people to work and that goes double for many places.

It has nothing to do with Republicans, it has to do with an over bloated safety net that people use to live on.

Why doesn't the left ever talk about people learning to be more responsible with their choices? That is never discussed but is at the root of many problems.

Because being a leftist means you have little or no logic. You can go to college for as many years as you like, but you can never learn logic. Common sense is as much of a gift as the ability to create art or be a musician.

Take these police shootings for example. In each case, the left wants to blame our protectors instead of the person they shot. Logic dictates that in nearly every case, the suspect didn't listen to the order of the police officer. If you have common sense, you know that the solution to these police shootings is just obey every command by the police.

But liberals will fight with you because they don't have the common sense to understand this. They would rather protest, riot, execute police officers, burn down cars and buildings instead of taking the easiest, less deadly, common sense approach and accomplish nothing in the process.

So again, the main problem with the left is they are void of logic and common sense.

Logic tells me not to live next door to a HUD property. :laugh2:

Forum List

Back