Own a Gun ?...you are a rape denialist !!!

don't bring a gun to a knife fight..lol

Think about all the anti gun memes this one story destroys......she is ambushed, she still gets to her gun....he doesn't take the gun away from her....she doesn't shoot herself....she stops the rape.......

The Defensive Gun Use Statistics

According to the National Self Defense Survey conducted by Florida State University criminologists in 1994, the rate of Defensive Gun Uses can be projected nationwide to approximately 2.5 million per year -- one Defensive Gun Use every 13 seconds.
Among 15.7% of gun defenders interviewed nationwide during The National Self Defense Survey, the defender believed that someone "almost certainly" would have died had the gun not been used for protection -- a life saved by a privately held gun about once every 1.3 minutes. (In another 14.2% cases, the defender believed someone "probably" would have died if the gun hadn't been used in defense.)

In 83.5% of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first -- disproving the myth that having a gun available for defense wouldn't make any difference.

In 91.7% of these incidents the defensive use of a gun did not wound or kill the criminal attacker (and the gun defense wouldn't be called "newsworthy" by newspaper or TV news editors). In 64.2% of these gun-defense cases, the police learned of the defense, which means that the media could also find out and report on them if they chose to.

In 73.4% of these gun-defense incidents, the attacker was a stranger to the intended victim. (Defenses against a family member or intimate were rare -- well under 10%.) This disproves the myth that a gun kept for defense will most likely be used against a family member or someone you love.

In over half of these gun defense incidents, the defender was facing two or more attackers -- and three or more attackers in over a quarter of these cases. (No means of defense other than a firearm -- martial arts, pepper spray, or stun guns -- gives a potential victim a decent chance of getting away uninjured when facing multiple attackers.)

In 79.7% of these gun defenses, the defender used a concealable handgun. A quarter of the gun defenses occured in places away from the defender's home.

This is a great breakdown....good find....I'm stealing it...

Who is talking about getting rid of anything? Colleges who don't allow firearms should be able to continue doing that. The government should not force colleges to allow firearms.

Sure...and the colleges should then be responsible for PROTECTING the students, since they do not permit them to protect themselves!

Who is talking about getting rid of anything? Colleges who don't allow firearms should be able to continue doing that. The government should not force colleges to allow firearms.

Sure...and the colleges should then be responsible for PROTECTING the students, since they do not permit them to protect themselves!

Many more people are at work and can't have a gun. Why is it the pro gunners aren't going after them? You always say anti gun people should be going after everything that kills more people than guns. Yet in this case you are going after just the small population of college kids when most of the country can't bring a gun to work? Why is that? Maybe cause big corporation give lots to the Republican party?

Did Orlando gun training reduce rapes Deltoid

Cute. The rates for the period 1958-1972 can be found in Kleck &
Bordua [1]. Their most notable feature is the extreme variation from
year to year. By picking the right two years to compare you can get
any result you want. For example, if I wanted to play the game, I
would say:

“Since the training program started in 66 and ended in 67, we should
compare 65 (last complete pre-training year) with 68 (first complete
post-training year). Results? Three less rapes. In the whole
period 61-72 the year with the closest rate to 65 is 68. In any
case, the rate in 69 was 25% higher than in 65.”

The effect was IMMEDIATE. There is no doubt about what occurred so once again you are presented by facts that absolutely, positively refute yours and you ignore them.

As I said, you are a troll. I don't waste my time with trolls.

Why was 69 higher than 65?

Why do you want women to be defenseless against rapists?

You seem to think very little of women. I know many who don't carry, but aren't defenseless. Are you defenseless without a gun? That is just sad.

The woman raped in Colorado was a trained Martial artist.....sadly, the rapist brought a gun into the college gun free zone.......trumped her training....which is what violent criminals do...they break the rules,to get what they want....

dittos the woman who was a professional boxer....her violent husband defeated her, beating the crap out of her, stabbed her with a knife then shot he in the chest.....she still managed to escape when he left the room.........a gun would have saved her earlier in the encounter...

Of course there are exceptions to the rules, some women are very large and might be very strong, but normally a man is ALWAYS going to be stronger than a woman. They have bigger and more dense muscle tissue than women. That is just biology. In most cases, a woman would never be able to "fight off" a male attacker, especially if she happens to be a petite woman.

Forum List

Back