Own a Gun ?...you are a rape denialist !!!

You realize there were only about 80,000 rapes in 2013 right? And about 55% involved drugs and alcohol. 60% were minors. 80% were people they know. So no there can't be 200k rapes defensed. What percent of women even own a gun?

According to the recent CDC study conducted, the figures I have given you are correct. Why do you want women to be defenseless against rapists? You still have not answered that question.

Well please share the study then. But here are the crime numbers. And again what percent of women even own a gun?
United States Crime Rates1960 - 2013
79,770 rapes in 2013.

I already have, you dishonest piece of crap. It's the CDC study. Your rape figures are totally irrelevant. They certainly do not take away from the fact that 200,000 women defended themselves AGAINST rape using a gun.

Link to the study on the cdc site. You linked a bunch or crap from gun sites. How many women even own guns? That small minority of women can't defend 200,000 rapes when only about 80,000 occur each year. Sorry.

IT has been linked to you now MANY times in many different threads. Why are you lying?

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

That isn't the cdc site. That is a pro gun publication.

That's a lie . . . 200,000 women per year, AS you've already been told.

You realize there were only about 80,000 rapes in 2013 right? And about 55% involved drugs and alcohol. 60% were minors. 80% were people they know. So no there can't be 200k rapes defensed. What percent of women even own a gun?

According to the recent CDC study conducted, the figures I have given you are correct. Why do you want women to be defenseless against rapists? You still have not answered that question.

Well please share the study then. But here are the crime numbers. And again what percent of women even own a gun?
79,770 rapes in 2013.

I already have, you dishonest piece of crap. It's the CDC study. Your rape figures are totally irrelevant. They certainly do not take away from the fact that 200,000 women defended themselves AGAINST rape using a gun.

Those figures you posted would be MUCH higher, dolt.

I already told you that brainless is a troll. You know the rules...:trolls:

You are right, I know. :D

79,770 rapes in 2013.

Link to the study on the cdc site. You linked a bunch or crap from gun sites. How many women even own guns? That small minority of women can't defend 200,000 rapes when only about 80,000 occur each year. Sorry.

IT has been linked to you now MANY times in many different threads. Why are you lying?

No it isn't, dummy. It is the study.

79,770 rapes in 2013.

You idiot. Those women were NOT raped. That is why they aren't included in the "raped" category. Seriously, you're an idiot.

So the small minority of the female population who owns guns is defending 200,000 rapes while the majority of the population only had 80,000 occur? So owning a gun makes women far more likely to have an attempted rape? Otherwise your numbers don't work. Are you that stupid you can't see that?

What percent of women own guns????????

79,770 rapes in 2013.

Pro gun surveys, not a study by the cdc.

Pro gun surveys, not a study by the cdc.

Hey, anyone who clicks on the link will see what dishonest troll you really are. :dunno:

79,770 rapes in 2013.

You idiot. Those women were NOT raped. That is why they aren't included in the "raped" category. Seriously, you're an idiot.

So the small minority of the female population who owns guns is defending 200,000 rapes while the majority of the population only had 80,000 occur? So owning a gun makes women far more likely to have an attempted rape? Otherwise your numbers don't work. Are you that stupid you can't see that?

How do you know how many women own guns? For your information, women have been buying a lot of guns lately. So, why do you want women to be defenseless?

79,770 rapes in 2013.

How do you know how many women own guns? For your information, women have been buying a lot of guns lately. So, why do you want women to be defenseless?

This estimates 23%.
Bustle
So a quarter of the population is defending 200k rapes while there are only 80,000 occurring. Sure. Real women aren't defenseless.

This estimates 23%.
Bustle
So a quarter of the population is defending 200k rapes while there are only 80,000 occurring. Sure. Real women aren't defenseless.

Look, you are an idiot. Of course, women who defended themselves against rape and were not raped because of that are not included under the number of "raped" women. Is that clear to you now? Now that I've proven that you are a liar and a troll, I think I'm done here and can put you on ignore now. Troll.

This estimates 23%.
Bustle

Look, you are an idiot. Of course, women who defended themselves against rape and were not raped because of that are not included under the number of "raped" women. Is that clear to you now? Now that I've proven that you are a liar and a troll, I think I'm done here and can put you on ignore now. Troll.

Sorry your numbers just don't add up. Again there are about 80,000 rapes each year. No way a quarter of the population is fending off 200,000. That is just ridiculous.

All the alleged incidents came after Sharper's retirement in 2011, and the cases involved similar allegations that he slipped drugs to women and sexually assaulted them when they were unconscious or otherwise unable to resist or consent.
Attorney Ex-NFL player Sharper plans to plea in rape cases - Yahoo Sports

How would a gun help? If women are so defenseless why are they so often drugged first?

Grasping at straws, I see. There are PLENTY of rapes that occur without the use of drugs or alcohol.

That doesn't answer the questions. And it's about 45% that don't. But I've already posted that.
they would be a separate issue,,it is like saying armed guards cant reduce robbery becomes sometimes its employee theft or embezelment

All the alleged incidents came after Sharper's retirement in 2011, and the cases involved similar allegations that he slipped drugs to women and sexually assaulted them when they were unconscious or otherwise unable to resist or consent.
Attorney Ex-NFL player Sharper plans to plea in rape cases - Yahoo Sports

How would a gun help? If women are so defenseless why are they so often drugged first?

Grasping at straws, I see. There are PLENTY of rapes that occur without the use of drugs or alcohol.

That doesn't answer the questions. And it's about 45% that don't. But I've already posted that.
they would be a separate issue,,it is like saying armed guards cant reduce robbery becomes sometimes its employee theft or embezelment

It's like 55% that involve drugs, a majority. 60% are minors and can't have a gun. 80% are someone they know. Only a tiny number of rapes are defendable with a gun. It's not the answer to lower rape, just an attempt to sell more guns.

Rape stopped by a woman with a gun....is not a rape....it was stopped.....so it isn't included in any statistic.....

What is the most effective way to stop a stranger rape....which actually do happen.....it isn't just a myth....like the myth of a rational gun grabber....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

No, I heard about it. I just have a hard time believing it could happen as they reported it. A revolver trigger is a very difficult thing for a child to pull. Hell, old people have a hard time doing at and they have physical coordination. As I said, I would need to review the evidence before I would ever make a observation about that particular case.

In the parlance of someone who is very, very knowledgeable about firearms.....something don't smell right...

As a revolver shooter, I agree completely. I have a S&W Model 29, my wife's friend has an K-frame .38 I think is a Detective Special. I see absolutely no way a 2-year-old could shoot even the DS. (Even a small-handed ADULT would have trouble with my Model 29, or my uncle's Super Redhawk.)

And still more people are accidently killed than are killed in mass shootings.

Why do you want to leave women defenseless against attackers? You are a dishonest hack.

I'm sorry but women are not defenseless without a gun. When you grow up you will realize that.
how many average women are going to fight off the attack of a 23 year old punk who has perfected Mugging 101 in the state penitentiary. You have been watching too many kung fu films

TD, remember the murders in Connecticut where they beat the father/husband, raped the wife and two daughters, tied the two daughters and mother to their beds and set them on fire? Before that horrible act, they had taken the mother to the bank to steal her money. She would have had PLENTY of opportunities to shoot those bastards dead. I guess Brainless is relieved that they had NO guns to defend themselves and now the mother and two daughters are dead.

Yes that sure happens a lot. How about the woman with the bra holster who accidently shot herself dead. Good thing she was armed.

You realize women can own and carry guns right? I'm only saying if a college does not want firearms on campus they should have that right. You think the government should force it's will on everyone.

a public University should be required to allow people to expertise that right...

Everyday women are assaulted and raped by strangers, no drugs or alcohol are used....they are threatened with a weapon or merely over powered by a Mitch stronger attacker.....those are the rapes that are stopped with guns....

Except the ones where the woman is forced to leave her gun at home because the college is a gun free zone...like the woman in Colorado...and if she had had her gun...which she was allowed to carry because of her right...and her CCW permit...she would have stopped her rape, and the rape of at least two other women and at least one rape/ murder......

but those rapes and murder happened because she was disarmed by gun grabbers.....

Here you go.

"In Orlando, Florida, in 1966 a series of brutal rapes swept the
community. Citizens reacted to the tripling in the rate of rape
over the previous year by buying handguns for self-defense; 200-300
firearms were being purchased each week from dealers, and an unknown
number more from private parties. The newspaper there, the _Orlando
Sentinel Star_, had an anti-gun editorial stance and tried to pressure
the local police chief and city government to stop the flow of arms.

When that tactic failed, the paper decided that in the interest of
public safety, they would sponsor a gun-training seminar in conjunction
with the local police. Plans were made for a one-day training course at
a local city park.

Plans were made for an expected 400-500 women. However,
more than 2500 women arrived, and brought with them every conceivable
kind of firearm. They had to park many blocks away, and the weapons
were carried in in purses, paper bags, boxes, briefcases, holsters,
and womens' hands. One police officer present said he'd never been so
scared in his life. [It must have been quite a sight! :) ]

Swamped, the organizers hastily dismissed the women with promises for
a more thorough course with scheduled appointments. The course offered
was for three classes/week, and within 6 months, the Orlando police had
trained more than 6000 women in basic pistol marksmanship and the law
of self-defense.

The results?

In 1966 there were 36 rapes in Orlando, triple the 1965 rate. In 1967,
there were 4. Before the training, rape rates had been increasing in
Orlando as nationwide. 5 years after the training, rape was still
below pre-training levels in Orlando, but up 308% in the surrounding
areas, 96% for Florida overall, and 64% nationally.

Also in 1967, violent assault and burglary decreased by 25% in Orlando,
in addition to the rape reductions.

In 1967, NOT A SINGLE WOMAN HAD FIRED HER WEAPON in self-defense. In
1967, NOT A SINGLE WOMAN HAD TURNED HER GUN ON HER HUSBAND OR BOYFRIEND.
(No data are available for later years.)

The reason the program worked so spectacularly well is that it was
widely known that Orlando women had the means and training to defend
themselves from attackers. Rapists, being (somewhat) human, they are
learning engines; they took their business elsewhere--to the detriment
of the defenseless in those other locations.

Department of Justice victim studies show that overall, when rape is
attempted, the completion rate is 36%. But when a woman defends herself
with a gun, the completion rate drops to 3%.

Overall victimization studies show that for all violent crimes, including
assault, rape, and robbery, the safest course for the victim is to
resist with a firearm. The second safest course is passive compliance
with the attacker, but this tactic approximately doubles the probability
of death or injury for the victim. All other tactics (mace, whistles,
hand-to-hand combat, screams, and so forth) have even worse outcomes."

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Firearms/Data/Crime/Florida/Gun Ownership Stops Rape/

Did Orlando gun training reduce rapes Deltoid

Cute. The rates for the period 1958-1972 can be found in Kleck &
Bordua [1]. Their most notable feature is the extreme variation from
year to year. By picking the right two years to compare you can get
any result you want. For example, if I wanted to play the game, I
would say:

“Since the training program started in 66 and ended in 67, we should
compare 65 (last complete pre-training year) with 68 (first complete
post-training year). Results? Three less rapes. In the whole
period 61-72 the year with the closest rate to 65 is 68. In any
case, the rate in 69 was 25% higher than in 65.”

The effect was IMMEDIATE. There is no doubt about what occurred so once again you are presented by facts that absolutely, positively refute yours and you ignore them.

As I said, you are a troll. I don't waste my time with trolls.

Why was 69 higher than 65?

Why do you want women to be defenseless against rapists?

You seem to think very little of women. I know many who don't carry, but aren't defenseless. Are you defenseless without a gun? That is just sad.

The woman raped in Colorado was a trained Martial artist.....sadly, the rapist brought a gun into the college gun free zone.......trumped her training....which is what violent criminals do...they break the rules,to get what they want....

dittos the woman who was a professional boxer....her violent husband defeated her, beating the crap out of her, stabbed her with a knife then shot he in the chest.....she still managed to escape when he left the room.........a gun would have saved her earlier in the encounter...

Good to see you are both still morons. Can't debate the subject so resort to attacking me. Very childish.

Not our fault that you want to see women get raped and murdered.

I've already shown almost no rapes are defendable with a gun. How about we debate that?

No, you haven't. You have trotted out some factoids that do nothing of the kind. Yes, the majority of rapes occur between people who know each other. So what. You think that a woman is going to not shoot some prick because she knows him?

Dude. You bring new meaning to the word troll. You provide nothing but opinion and well refuted facts. And you keep trotting them out as if them are meaningful even after they have been shown to be false.

Just go away and yap to yourself in the mirror.

I've explained why those aren't decendable with a gun. Let's debate that if you wish.

And you refuse to back up anything. Where is backup for your FL claim? I'm still waiting.

Here you go.

"In Orlando, Florida, in 1966 a series of brutal rapes swept the
community. Citizens reacted to the tripling in the rate of rape
over the previous year by buying handguns for self-defense; 200-300
firearms were being purchased each week from dealers, and an unknown
number more from private parties. The newspaper there, the _Orlando
Sentinel Star_, had an anti-gun editorial stance and tried to pressure
the local police chief and city government to stop the flow of arms.

When that tactic failed, the paper decided that in the interest of
public safety, they would sponsor a gun-training seminar in conjunction
with the local police. Plans were made for a one-day training course at
a local city park.

Plans were made for an expected 400-500 women. However,
more than 2500 women arrived, and brought with them every conceivable
kind of firearm. They had to park many blocks away, and the weapons
were carried in in purses, paper bags, boxes, briefcases, holsters,
and womens' hands. One police officer present said he'd never been so
scared in his life. [It must have been quite a sight! :) ]

Swamped, the organizers hastily dismissed the women with promises for
a more thorough course with scheduled appointments. The course offered
was for three classes/week, and within 6 months, the Orlando police had
trained more than 6000 women in basic pistol marksmanship and the law
of self-defense.

The results?

In 1966 there were 36 rapes in Orlando, triple the 1965 rate. In 1967,
there were 4. Before the training, rape rates had been increasing in
Orlando as nationwide. 5 years after the training, rape was still
below pre-training levels in Orlando, but up 308% in the surrounding
areas, 96% for Florida overall, and 64% nationally.

Also in 1967, violent assault and burglary decreased by 25% in Orlando,
in addition to the rape reductions.

In 1967, NOT A SINGLE WOMAN HAD FIRED HER WEAPON in self-defense. In
1967, NOT A SINGLE WOMAN HAD TURNED HER GUN ON HER HUSBAND OR BOYFRIEND.
(No data are available for later years.)

The reason the program worked so spectacularly well is that it was
widely known that Orlando women had the means and training to defend
themselves from attackers. Rapists, being (somewhat) human, they are
learning engines; they took their business elsewhere--to the detriment
of the defenseless in those other locations.

Department of Justice victim studies show that overall, when rape is
attempted, the completion rate is 36%. But when a woman defends herself
with a gun, the completion rate drops to 3%.

Overall victimization studies show that for all violent crimes, including
assault, rape, and robbery, the safest course for the victim is to
resist with a firearm. The second safest course is passive compliance
with the attacker, but this tactic approximately doubles the probability
of death or injury for the victim. All other tactics (mace, whistles,
hand-to-hand combat, screams, and so forth) have even worse outcomes."

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Firearms/Data/Crime/Florida/Gun Ownership Stops Rape/

Great story...great find...I will of course steal it and add it to my list of evidence against anti-gun nuttery....

Thanks...

Forum List

Back