Pa. church to bless couples with their A-R 15s

Catholics have a very long tradition of blessing inanimate objects. Popes and Cardinals blessed the swords of the crusaders. This is nothing new.

Example of Pope blessing
Blessed sword and hat - Wikipedia

Well, that says more about what religion was.... the question is has it changed in the modern era? No, it's still used to justify the unjustifiable.
Ok...but does that make it fake? I contend it does not. Religion and belief are so amorphous that it can be whatever, whomever decides that it is. How many sects of Christianity are there? Which ones are fake? islam? Which ones are fake? It's all in the interpretation.

Catholics have a very long tradition of blessing inanimate objects. Popes and Cardinals blessed the swords of the crusaders. This is nothing new.

Example of Pope blessing
Blessed sword and hat - Wikipedia

Well, that says more about what religion was.... the question is has it changed in the modern era? No, it's still used to justify the unjustifiable.
Ok...but does that make it fake? I contend it does not. Religion and belief are so amorphous that it can be whatever, whomever decides that it is. How many sects of Christianity are there? Which ones are fake? islam? Which ones are fake? It's all in the interpretation.

I didn't say anything about fake. Religion makes its own rules.

What I said was that they've always managed to make religion fit what they want it to fit, and they want guns to fit their religion, they'll simply ignore a whole load of stuff and make it happen, if they have to.

That's why Christianity, especially, is not only the most popular religion in the world, but also the most violent.

Take the Far East. There's only one Christian country out there, the Philippines. It's got the second highest murder rate, behind Burma, which I don't understand why it has a high murder rate and if this is really the murder rate.

The most dangerous continents are South and North America, Christian, or Africa, with the Christian countries being the most violent.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

You have to get to number 27 on the list (yeah, some of those aren't countries) to get to a non-Christian country, South Sudan, in the throws of civil war.

Then number 34 is the Ivory Coast which has slightly more Muslims than Christians.

Then number 42 is Mali, which has a lot of insurgency problems, there's something about Christianity here.

I didn't say anything about fake. Religion makes its own rules.
I know you didn't. My posts are based on the OP's assumption of 'fake Christians'.

What I said was that they've always managed to make religion fit what they want it to fit, and they want guns to fit their religion, they'll simply ignore a whole load of stuff and make it happen, if they have to.
Welcome to Religious Sects 100..take a seat at the front.

That's why Christianity, especially, is not only the most popular religion in the world, but also the most violent.
Most Violent...would you care to listen to our first speaker?...Mohammad from 7th Century Arabia.

Take the Far East. There's only one Christian country out there, the Philippines. It's got the second highest murder rate, behind Burma,
Do you have a tie in? Do you have any citations from the Cardinals and Bishops in the PI calling on their flocks to murder each other? Correlation does not mean causation.

Burma, which I don't understand why it has a high murder rate and if this is really the murder rate.
They are Buddhist...Correlation does...well you know.

You have to get to number 27 on the list (yeah, some of those aren't countries) to get to a non-Christian country, South Sudan, in the throws of civil war.
pssst...South Sudan is Majority Christian. ~18% Muslim

Do you want to know something else about every country you listed...HUGE rice eaters. These people L-O-V-E them some rice!
I think it may be the rice to...now...now that I mentioned it...Air...they alll love air too!
Correlation...

Last edited:
Why wouldnt he? Im pretty sure Jesus would have been ok with people defending themselves. He even spoke of owning maxairans for protection
Defending yourself with an assault rifle? A person must have made a lot of enemies if that`s what they need. If you own an assault rifle that`s all the evidence that`s needed to prove you`re insane because normal people don`t buy these.
Why do you have to piss someone off for them to kill you? Hey bro, you ever been to EARTH? :cuckoo:
Do you really envision a zombie apocalypse? Is that why you need a weapon of war to defend your home? A double 12 gauge won't do the job? LOL You gun nuts are hilarious.
What is it with you statists thinking you know what people need when you dont even know them?
Maybe i just WANT a badass rifle. WTF is it to you?
Maybe i just WANT a badass rifle.
That's the problem, right there.
A rifle is a tool, not a status symbol of how "badass" you are. Or it shouldn't be. That's why so many people want them and have them and that is what is so fucking sick about our country.

Seriously dumbed down xians. The invention is Chinese and so is christ. Jizu came before the avatar from Nazareth. You were duped. To begin to end the dupage, study statues along Japanese roads and B.C. star charts.

Constellation Lupus (Wolf) asterism Jizu, che__ qi__ "a group of soldiers."
(The Chinese Sky During the Han)

Blessing the Main fleet is Chief Justice Marshall's fascination with the concept of the deodand. The Catholic mafia here is only reinforcing the fact that ships can indeed sin, if one believes in sin and immaculate conception.

Why wouldnt he? Im pretty sure Jesus would have been ok with people defending themselves. He even spoke of owning maxairans for protection
Defending yourself with an assault rifle? A person must have made a lot of enemies if that`s what they need. If you own an assault rifle that`s all the evidence that`s needed to prove you`re insane because normal people don`t buy these.
Why do you have to piss someone off for them to kill you? Hey bro, you ever been to EARTH? :cuckoo:
Do you really envision a zombie apocalypse? Is that why you need a weapon of war to defend your home? A double 12 gauge won't do the job? LOL You gun nuts are hilarious.
What is it with you statists thinking you know what people need when you dont even know them?
A rifle is a tool, not a status symbol of how "badass" you are. Or it shouldn't be. That's why so many people want them and have them and that is what is so fucking sick about our country.

Think....there are an estimated 5-10 million AR 15s in the USA...what percentage of them are used in mass shootings?

Think....there are an estimated 5-10 million AR 15s in the USA...what percentage of them are used in mass shootings?
What percentage of them are used in self defense?

Not many, thank God. I still think, despite what all the NRA experts say, that they must be more proficient at killing a lot of people at one time than an average hunting rifle, or mass shooters wouldn't choose them 99% of the time for the job. Whether it's how you hold it or its weight or what, it makes the job easier. For the sake of harm reduction, I'd like to see it be a bit more of a challenge to kill that many innocent people.

It is a tool. Do you apply that same logic to saws and pliers? Lol
Some people want the best. Some people just arent frugal. It has nothing to do with dick size or being a gun nut or anything. The hyperbole ruins discussion..

Not many, thank God. I still think, despite what all the NRA experts say, that they must be more proficient at killing a lot of people at one time than an average hunting rifle, or mass shooters wouldn't choose them 99% of the time for the job. Whether it's how you hold it or its weight or what, it makes the job easier. For the sake of harm reduction, I'd like to see it be a bit more of a challenge to kill that many innocent people.

Someone intent on killing will find a weapon. The Va Tech shooter killed 33 with a Glock handgun. Is that the next gun on you gun grabbers list?

What percentage of them are used in self defense?

I'm betting a higher percentage than used in mass killings.

Someone intent on killing will find a weapon. The Va Tech shooter killed 33 with a Glock handgun. Is that the next gun on you gun grabbers list?
No it isn`t . TNhardlythinking brought up an excellent point about saws and pliers. It was pliers that Mr. paddock used to shoot 500 people in Las Vegas. When pliers are outlawed only outlaws will have pliers. This is like debating a 9 year old special ed child.

No it isn`t . TNhardlythinking brought up an excellent point about saws and pliers. It was pliers that Mr. paddock used to shoot 500 people in Las Vegas. When pliers are outlawed only outlaws will have pliers. This is like debating a 9 year old special ed child.
An excellent point? LOL your dumbass didnt even get my point :rolleyes:

Yeah it is, special ed child. We're onto you shit stains.

An excellent point? LOL your dumbass didnt even get my point :rolleyes:

He's a troll...treat him as such

Some people want the best. Some people just arent frugal. It has nothing to do with dick size or being a gun nut or anything. The hyperbole ruins discussion..
You're the one that brought up ALL of that hyperbole, not me. I don't go into the hardware store dreaming of the biggest BADASS Philips screwdriver in the place. LOL

You're the one that brought up ALL of that hyperbole, not me. I don't go into the hardware store dreaming of the biggest BADASS Philips screwdriver in the place. LOL
But SOME do. Thats just the way it is. How many rich people you know that shop at family dollar for groceries?

But SOME do. Thats just the way it is. How many rich people you know that shop at family dollar for groceries?
TN. Guns are a badass badge to too many people.

TN. Guns are a badass badge to too many people.
We can apply that to everything. People take pride in different things. Who are you to say theirs isnt OK?
For gawd sakes woman, we are NOT all the same. Every one of us are different.

Forum List

Back