Pacific Ocean waters absorbing heat 15 times faster over past 60 years than in past 1

Solar and wind is free?

I'm surprised you're smart enough to turn on your computer. :lol:

Once the first kilowatt hour comes out, the next are virtually free.

Which fossil fuel can claim that?

And after those virtually free kwhs, it's still more expensive and less reliable.

That first kilowatt hour must be an expensive mother fucker, eh?

Fossil fuels include coal, oil, and natural gas.

Which one?

And after those virtually free kwhs, it's still more expensive and less reliable.

Which one?

No fossil fuel can claim to be as expensive as wind or solar.

Which one?

Hey genius,,,, About these free electrons of yours... As the 1st class engineer and scientist that youare ----- SURELY you can tell us all how many days of free energy it takes TO BREAK EVEN on a home solar installation... DO IT with and WITHOUT financing costs and insurance...

Which one?

Hey genius,,,, About these free electrons of yours... As the 1st class engineer and scientist that youare ----- SURELY you can tell us all how many days of free energy it takes TO BREAK EVEN on a home solar installation... DO IT with and WITHOUT financing costs and insurance...

He failed 3rd grade math, he won't be able to answer.

About ten years....

The good thing about solar and wind is within the reality we don't have to
1. Mine, pump or strip mine for coal, natural gas or oil.
2. No expensive trains, studies looking for new energy or pipelines.
3. The resource of wind and solar energy is infite.

Sure in most areas it is more expensive as of this time...BUT only if you don't consider the 3 points made above.

About ten years....

Sure in most areas it is more expensive as of this time...BUT only if you don't consider the 3 points made above.

I'm thinking that they have a plan to relocate to another planet after trashing this one.

About ten years....

Wrong. Solar and wind are more expensive, and less reliable, even if you consider your 3 points.

About ten years....

Wrong. Solar and wind are more expensive, and less reliable, even if you consider your 3 points.

Not to mention it's difficult to store wind energy....which bring it down on the practically list.

About ten years....

Not to mention it's difficult to store wind energy....which bring it down on the practically list.

I don't think that there is anyone in the world that sees sustainable energy as a single technology. Wind and solar are available when and where they are available. There is always demand whenever and wherever that is. You supply the demand with fuel-less and waste-less energy first, and idle the machinery bringing us a climate different than what we adapted civilization to, when and where you can. That's the way the grid is designed to work.

Just making sure that PMZ got Matthews answer to how "free" solar energy was...

Not sure if financing and insurance is counted in that 10 years -- but MASSIVE SUBSIDIES are..
In many places -- a roof doesn't even last 10 years because of hail and wind damage.

And fossil fuel plants are built for free, right? And so they require no financing. And nothing ever breaks or wears out. They have no moving parts. And they use no fuel.

Right?

Right?

Right?

And fossil fuel plants are built for free, right? And so they require no financing. And nothing ever breaks or wears out. They have no moving parts. And they use no fuel.

Right?

Right?

Right?

Boiling water is pretty easy to do.. Doesn't take a lot of exotic materials. Lasts twice as long. Doesn't depend on clouds or precipt or atmos pressure diffs. Maybe doesn't require much financing if corporate assets are juggled properly. Definitely generates MASSIVELY more power per acre than solar.

Bet even YOU could boil water...

steam-car-19401.jpg

But they do say that nuclear is the most expensive way to boil water ever developed by man. Then again -- they just never saw the Govt contract for heating the Pentagon..

Right? Right? Right?

Right?

Right?

Right?

And you know how to eliminate all the above?
Please do tell me how.
So far none of your kindred spirit in this forum did.
Here is the problem:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/8314775-post1795.html

Right?

Right?

Right?

Please do tell me how.
Here is the problem:

The problem is that you can't imagine anything but the past and that's over.

Right?

Right?

Right?

Please do tell me how.
Here is the problem:

You're trying to deflect the argument. The point is that solar and wind, when compared to fossil fuel use, do NOT present any additional problems and eliminate several. If you want to continue to try to make engineering arguments against alternative energy technologies, you need to start comparing them to the technologies they would replace, not pretending they've appeared in a vacuum or in some utopia where energy falls freely from the sky. Oh, wait... it does.

Right?

Right?

Right?

Please do tell me how.
Here is the problem:

The problem is that you can't imagine anything but the past and that's over.

You must have glossed over Polarbear's last sentence when he stated, "the only thing that you guys can do and always have done so far, is responding with the usual evasive troll crap remarks."

You sure highlighted that with your post. :eusa_whistle:

Right?

Right?

Right?

Please do tell me how.
Here is the problem:

Meister said:
You must have glossed over Polarbear's last sentence when he stated, "the only thing that you guys can do and always have done so far, is responding with the usual evasive troll crap remarks."

You sure highlighted that with your post.

Try this one then.

You're trying to deflect the argument. The point is that solar and wind, when compared to fossil fuel use, do NOT present any additional problems and eliminate several. If you want to continue to try to make engineering arguments against alternative energy technologies, you need to start comparing them to the technologies they would replace, not pretending they've appeared in a vacuum or in some utopia where energy falls freely from the sky. Oh, wait... it does.

Do YOU have a meaningful response?

Last edited:

Right?

Right?

Right?

Please do tell me how.
Here is the problem:

Meister said:

You sure highlighted that with your post.

Try this one then.

Do YOU have a meaningful response?

My bad, I would have thought with your intellect that you would have at least read the post he wanted you to read....I should have known better. {mental not to self}

Forum List

Back