Pacific Ocean waters absorbing heat 15 times faster over past 60 years than in past 1

I guess you believe in the Fossil Fuel Fairy. Bringing energy to good little girls and boys worldwide.

I don't. Mankind invented and built the fossil fuel world as a good, though temporary solution, now we can build the permanent solution.

Don't worry, you don't have to do anything. The adults will handle it.

I guess you believe in the Fossil Fuel Fairy.

I believe in markets. Keep government the fuck out of it, energy will be supplied.

There isn't a market in which government is NOT involved. You didn't know this? Huh.

You should go sell that story to the happy fossil laborers of the Dakotas --- experiencing and producing the largest energy boom in your lifetime.. DESPITE --- the best efforts of your faithful to have the Govt stop it from happening..

We could use a LOT LESS of govt payments for NOT producing stuff WE NEED and govt payments for crap we DONT NEED...

This pretty much what's going on with the exception of the high risk technology development.

You think the government is keeping out of the energy markets? LOL!

I'm sorry that your Alzheimer's meds have stopped working.
It does explain the declining quality of your posts.

Speaking of the quality of posts, take this one for instance. What does it say, really. It says what you wish to be true. No evidence, no factual support, not even why you wish it was true.

Pretty shabby for a guy who fancies himself as smart.

What does it say, really.

It says that if you believe the government is keeping out of the energy markets, you are either really, really stupid, or you're losing your marbles.

I guess you believe in the Fossil Fuel Fairy. Bringing energy to good little girls and boys worldwide.

I don't. Mankind invented and built the fossil fuel world as a good, though temporary solution, now we can build the permanent solution.

Don't worry, you don't have to do anything. The adults will handle it.

I guess you believe in the Fossil Fuel Fairy.

I believe in markets. Keep government the fuck out of it, energy will be supplied.

There isn't a market in which government is NOT involved. You didn't know this? Huh.

Give us more government interference, that'll increase supply. Huh.

You think the government is keeping out of the energy markets? LOL!

I'm sorry that your Alzheimer's meds have stopped working.
It does explain the declining quality of your posts.

Speaking of the quality of posts, take this one for instance. What does it say, really. It says what you wish to be true. No evidence, no factual support, not even why you wish it was true.

It says that if you believe the government is keeping out of the energy markets, you are either really, really stupid, or you're losing your marbles.

Give us a list of government funded power plants.

So what you are telling us is that you don't believe that NOAA should be spending tax payer money to "help society cope with, and adapt to, today's variations in climate and to prepare for tomorrow's"? You prefer the head in the sand method, do you?

I equate all the AGW alarmist claptrap the same as I view that laughable TV show "Finding Bigfoot". The guy gets to hop around the planet seeking "squatch". He gets to play with all sorts of high tech toys (that he clearly doesn't really know how to use effectively) and he gets paid to do it.

In other words his show is the perfect analog for the AGW pushers....if he admits that there is no "squatch" he no longer gets all those things.

Funny how that works isn't it.

So what you are telling us is that you don't believe that NOAA should be spending tax payer money to "help society cope with, and adapt to, today's variations in climate and to prepare for tomorrow's"? You prefer the head in the sand method, do you?

I equate all the AGW alarmist claptrap the same as I view that laughable TV show "Finding Bigfoot". The guy gets to hop around the planet seeking "squatch". He gets to play with all sorts of high tech toys (that he clearly doesn't really know how to use effectively) and he gets paid to do it.

In other words his show is the perfect analog for the AGW pushers....if he admits that there is no "squatch" he no longer gets all those things.

The people on shows like that, deny not only science but common sense as well. Just like AGW deniers. Or peak oil deniers.

Give us a list of government funded power plants.

TVA: Hydroelectric Power

http://hydropower.inel.gov/hydrofac...ited_states_hydroelectric_plant_ownership.pdf

The people on shows like that, deny not only science but common sense as well. Just like AGW deniers. Or peak oil deniers.

Funny about peak oil. They told us that we would be out of oil NOW. We now have more proven oil reserves than when they began telling us we would be out by now.

You might want to come up with a better example than that one pardner....it exposes your lack of common sense.

Funny about peak oil. They told us that we would be out of oil NOW. We now have more proven oil reserves than when they began telling us we would be out by now.

You might want to come up with a better example than that one pardner....it exposes your lack of common sense.

Who said that we'd be out of oil now?

You're another one believing in the Fossil Fuel Fairy bring unlimited energy to good little girls and boys.

What you really want is the big oil fairy squeezing the last drop of profit out of a world stranded on the highway with no gas.

Not at all. I prefer science that constantly revising the knowledge REGARDLESS of what story has laid out for the future. Meaning that "informing the public" should INCLUDE the possibility that AGW hype is overblown or badly conceived..

That NOAA comment doesn't have anything do with the science of "modeling, measuring and understanding climate". That's a description of what NOAA INTERESTS your science should support...

The NOAA grant description I gave you is NOT A SCIENCE statement. It's a CLUE to the bidder about WHAT CONCLUSIONS they need to support to RETAIN that pot of money. Should your research product not fit that narrative, or you're not willing to FORCE IT to fit that narrative --- you shouldn't waste your time applying..

Note the emphasis all over that Grant description on increasingly extreme weather and changes with important implications for public policy and safety. Dont even think about telling them that's not gonna happen..

Last edited:

Not at all. I prefer science that constantly revising the knowledge REGARDLESS of what story has laid out for the future. Meaning that "informing the public" should INCLUDE the possibility that AGW hype is overblown or badly conceived..

That NOAA comment doesn't have anything do with the science of "modeling, measuring and understanding climate". That's a description of what NOAA INTERESTS your science should support...

The NOAA grant description I gave you is NOT A SCIENCE statement. It's a CLUE to the bidder about WHAT CONCLUSIONS they need to support to RETAIN that pot of money. Should your research product not fit that narrative, or you're not willing to FORCE IT to fit that narrative --- you shouldn't waste your time applying..

Note the emphasis all over that Grant description on increasingly extreme weather and changes with important implications for public policy and safety. Dont even think about telling them that's not gonna happen..

You keep saying that you support science but deny it and try to sell your conspiracy theories.

It is what it is, an inconvenient truth.

There are few science things left to know.

How much higher will earth's atmospheric GHG concentrations go before we either stop or run out of fossil fuels (including the addition from melted permafrost).

What is the dynamic response of earth's systems before energy balance stabilizes.

What will earth's albedo be when all of the snow and ice that's going to melt, has.

What will local sea levels rise to.

What I don't see us knowing for the foreseeable future is the long term weather impact of all of that.

Your denial has no impact on the work going on to determine those things.

You're another one believing in the Fossil Fuel Fairy bring unlimited energy to good little girls and boys.

What you really want is the big oil fairy squeezing the last drop of profit out of a world stranded on the highway with no gas.

These guys have repeatedly.............

Newsletter

Hubbert's Peak, Current Events

Living with the Age of Entropy | George Monbiot

ASPO - The Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas

There's hundreds more.........

These guys have repeatedly.............

Newsletter

Hubbert's Peak, Current Events

Living with the Age of Entropy | George Monbiot

ASPO - The Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas

There's hundreds more.........

I don't read a single word about running out by now.

But lots of verification that peak oil is behind us.

Last edited:
I just scanned that ASPO letter. It was quoting T Boone Pickens saying world production was 84 million barrels a day and and he didn't see it getting any higher. That was 2005. I just looked up current world oil production, eight years later: 84 million barrels a day.

I just scanned that ASPO letter. It was quoting T Boone Pickens saying world production was 84 million barrels a day and and he didn't see it getting any higher. That was 2005. I just looked up current world oil production, eight years later: 84 million barrels a day.

This is including fracking and a growing demand.:eek:

World demand has flattened since 2007 --- Why would you suspect we'd be pumping MORE oil out per day?? These "little details" just seem to escape the minimized cognitive processes of leftists..

World demand has flattened since 2007 --- Why would you suspect we'd be pumping MORE oil out per day?? These "little details" just seem to escape the minimized cognitive processes of leftists..

Yes. They seem to lack the understanding that there is X demand that is easily met by Y production. Why PAY to pump, and store more than is needed? It boggles the mind how these people can be so dim witted.

Why use fossil fuels when we have the wind and sunshine? Why the long chain of production when we can have nature make it and send it to the grid.

One makes more sense.

Why use fossil fuels when we have the wind and sunshine? Why the long chain of production when we can have nature make it and send it to the grid.

One makes more sense.

If it worked it certainly would. Here's the deal. Lets cancel all "subsidies" (and you know the oil companies don't get subsidies, they just get the normal depreciation tax breaks that any other company gets) but lets' ignore all of that and just take every thin dime away from ALL energy and fossil fuel companies.

The result is the fossil fuel companies are still operational, the energy companies that use fossil fuels are still up and running and every renewable company on the planet is a ghost town.

That's the reality.

Forum List

Back