Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larissa Sansour, creating a Palestinian state with science fiction.

Create a “Pal’Istanian State”?

Odd. You keep insisting that such a place was created by the Treaty of Lausanne.

Shirley, you have a YouTube video?

Larissa Sansour, creating a Palestinian state with science fiction.

Create a “Pal’Istanian State”?

Odd. You keep insisting that such a place was created by the Treaty of Lausanne.

Shirley, you have a YouTube video?

"creating Palestine with science fiction"...:D

images

Ali Abunimah

"2 million people living in inhuman conditions unparalelled in the modern world".

Hogwash.

1. What conditions? According to the video: lack of electricity, lack of clean water, lack of sewage treatment, lack of medical care

There are 1.3 billion people in the world with no access to electricity.
There are 1.1 billion people in the world without regular access to clean water.
There are 2.6 billion people in the world with no access to sanitation facilities.
200 million children worldwide have no access to any medical care.
10 million children a year die of common illnesses easily prevented, managed, cured with access to the most basic care.
276 million people are chronically under-nourished (this does not include those who are food insecure).

Don't go telling me that these "inhuman" conditions are unparalelled. There are literally BILLIONS of people in the world FAR worse off than the Gaza people.

2. Are resources available and adequate? Yes.

Gazans have access to what should be a sustainable (if managed) aquifer. It has water agreements with Israel.
It receives electricity from both Israel and Egypt.
It has received billions of dollars from worldwide sources.
It receives 1000 truckloads of essential supplies and materials a DAY from Israel.

3. Are resources distributed appropriately to end these "inhumane" conditions? No.

Hamas spent $15 million on this entirely pointless temper tantrum at the border.
Hamas spent between $30 and 90 million constructing tunnels.

The problem is not a lack of resources -- but a lack of will on the part of the government of Gaza to use those resources for the benefit of its people and on the lack of will of the Gazans themselves for not ousting the government in order to get their needs met.

Ali Abunimah

"2 million people living in inhuman conditions unparalelled in the modern world".

Hogwash.

1. What conditions? According to the video: lack of electricity, lack of clean water, lack of sewage treatment, lack of medical care

There are 1.1 billion people in the world without regular access to clean water.
There are 2.6 billion people in the world with no access to sanitation facilities.
10 million children a year die of common illnesses easily prevented, managed, cured with access to the most basic care.
276 million people are chronically under-nourished (this does not include those who are food insecure).

Don't go telling me that these "inhuman" conditions are unparalelled. There are literally BILLIONS of people in the world FAR worse off than the Gaza people.

Gazans have access to what should be a sustainable (if managed) aquifer. It has water agreements with Israel.
It receives 1000 truckloads of essential supplies and materials a DAY from Israel.

3. Are resources distributed appropriately to end these "inhumane" conditions? No.

Hamas spent $15 million on this entirely pointless temper tantrum at the border.

The problem is not a lack of resources -- but a lack of will on the part of the government of Gaza to use those resources for the benefit of its people and on the lack of will of the Gazans themselves for not ousting the government in order to get their needs met.

With his OCD-like Jew hatreds, Tinmore mindlessly trolls YouTube for goofy videos to cut and paste. Factual content is not a requirement.

Very silly for Tinmore to whine about some invented “crisis” in Gaza, amid the luxury shopping malls, presidential palaces for the competing Islamic terrorist franchise, fabulous wealth of the privileged UNRWA welfare thieves and Hamas earning the title of second wealthiest Islamic terrorist syndicate.

Ali Abunimah

Hogwash.

But why should a first world country be forced to live like that?

I'm not sure you have cause to call Gaza a "first world country". Though I suppose it depends on the definition you use. I think what you mean to say is, "Why should a country with adequate resources force its citizens to live with "inhuman conditions?"

The answer is simple -- because the governing body of Gaza (Hamas) does not prioritize the conditions of its citizens when it comes to the distribution of available resources.

Ali Abunimah

Hogwash.

The “country of Pally’Land”?

That seems to again denote the alternate reality you dwell in.

^^^^

They're not numbers but they do try a BIG NUMBER on us all as usual,

I'm not sure you have cause to call Gaza a "first world country". Though I suppose it depends on the definition you use. I think what you mean to say is, "Why should a country with adequate resources force its citizens to live with "inhuman conditions?"

The answer is simple -- because the governing body of Gaza (Hamas) does not prioritize the conditions of its citizens when it comes to the distribution of available resources.
You look at everything through Israel colored glasses.

Sara Roy – Gaza: Cast Backwards, A Way Forward

Known to normal people as "reality".

Are you denying that Hamas spends money on things other than the improvement of its own citizens "inhuman conditions"?

FFS. Its an hour and a half video. Just make your point. (Also no cc.)

FFS. Its an hour and a half video. Just make your point. (Also no cc.)

How are things in your talking point world?

Last edited:

Islamist talking points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back