Palestine Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why should a first world country be forced to live like that?

I'm not sure you have cause to call Gaza a "first world country". Though I suppose it depends on the definition you use. I think what you mean to say is, "Why should a country with adequate resources force its citizens to live with "inhuman conditions?"

The answer is simple -- because the governing body of Gaza (Hamas) does not prioritize the conditions of its citizens when it comes to the distribution of available resources.
You look at everything through Israel colored glasses.

Sara Roy – Gaza: Cast Backwards, A Way Forward

FFS. Its an hour and a half video. Just make your point. (Also no cc.)

Wow are things in your talking point world?

Wait, what? So now a hearing impaired person's failing to want to watch an hour and a half video with no CC (aka unintelligible) is an Israeli talking point?! wow.

I'm not sure you have cause to call Gaza a "first world country". Though I suppose it depends on the definition you use. I think what you mean to say is, "Why should a country with adequate resources force its citizens to live with "inhuman conditions?"

The answer is simple -- because the governing body of Gaza (Hamas) does not prioritize the conditions of its citizens when it comes to the distribution of available resources.

Islamist talking points.
Sarah Roy is Jewish.

Islamist talking points.
Sarah Roy is Jewish.

It's all the whining that Arabs-Moslems spew in an attempt to foist their failures and inadequacies on others.

Classic Islamist talking points.

Wait, what? So now a hearing impaired person's failing to want to watch an hour and a half video with no CC (aka unintelligible) is an Israeli talking point?! wow.

Here is something for you to read.

The Gaza Strip: The Political Economy of De-development: Sara Roy

“The De-development of the Gaza Strip has arguably reached its logical conclusion with the current, increasingly distorted, reconfiguration of economic activity,” says renowned political economist and Harvard scholar, Dr. Sara Roy. The Gaza Strip: The Political Economy of De-development is the final edition of her much anticipated, comprehensive study of the economy of Gaza. For the first-time, Roy examines the past 15-years in Gaza in detail using economic theory and in-depth political analysis to argue that the de-development of Gaza is leading to unviability. Roy defines de-development, a concept she formulated and defined 30-years ago, as “the systematic dismantling of a normal economy and its rational functioning.”

In this latest edition of The Gaza Strip, Roy enriches this meticulously detailed and pioneering political economy text with an in-depth and shocking reflection and analysis on the wars on Gaza. Written in the aftermath of the 2014 Operation Protective Edge (OPE), Roy serves as a scholar, and witness to unprecedented human, physical, and physiological destruction wrought on Gaza.

“The De-development of the Gaza Strip has arguably reached its logical conclusion with the current, increasingly distorted, reconfiguration of economic activity,” says renowned political economist and Harvard scholar, Dr. Sara Roy. The Gaza Strip: The Political Economy of De-development is the final edition of her much anticipated, comprehensive study of the economy of Gaza. For the first-time, Roy examines the past 15-years in Gaza in detail using economic theory and in-depth political analysis to argue that the de-development of Gaza is leading to unviability. Roy defines de-development, a concept she formulated and defined 30-years ago, as “the systematic dismantling of a normal economy and its rational functioning.”

In this latest edition of The Gaza Strip, Roy enriches this meticulously detailed and pioneering political economy text with an in-depth and shocking reflection and analysis on the wars on Gaza. Written in the aftermath of the 2014 Operation Protective Edge (OPE), Roy serves as a scholar, and witness to unprecedented human, physical, and physiological destruction wrought on Gaza.

Look. If I'm not going to spend an hour and a half watching a video, I'm sure not going to spend that same hour and half reading a book by someone with no expertise in either economics or political science because you recommended it.

If you have a point to make about Gaza's economy - make it.

If you acknowledge that Hamas spends money on things other than the needs of its citizens to alleviate the "inhuman conditions" then we agree that the source of he problem is Hamas and not Israel.

Collaborators in the War Against the Jews: Sara Roy - by Steven Plaut

COLLABORATORS IN THE WAR AGAINST THE JEWS: SARA ROY - BY STEVEN PLAUT

Sara Roy, who holds a non-tenured “research” position at Harvard’s Center for Middle East Studies (CMES), claims to be a “political economist,” although she apparently has no training in economics or political science. She also claims to be an expert in Middle East Studies, but has no degree in that either. Her PhD is in Education.

Roy claims to be an expert on the political economy of the Gaza Strip, but her real expertise is in anti-Israel leftist political propaganda. She worked on her doctoral dissertation in education part of the time while living for a while in the Gaza Strip, and got paid as a a research assistant by the West Bank Data Base Project, a propaganda project directed by anti-Israel radical Israeli non-academic leftists.

Roy’s Middle East studies publications are by and large propaganda diatribes, and many appear in non-academic anti-Israel propaganda magazines, some of which appear in openly anti-Semitic web magazines, at least one having intimate ties to the PLO. Phyllis Chessler calls her one of "the most savage critics—of America and Israel.” Roy is a prolific writer of newspaper op-eds and spends much of her time giving “expert” lectures about the Arab-Israel conflict.

Sara Roy was born Jewish, and she uses this circumstance as a lever to better support Israel’s enemies. She refers frequently to something she calls a “Jewish ethical perspective” whenever bashing Israel and cites her “Jewish roots” when promoting the Hamas on anti-Semitic web sites such as the Neo-Stalinist Counterpunch.

Roy is, in fact, arguably the leading apologist for Hamas in American academia today. She is the inventor of an imaginary “New Hamas,” a fictional group that seeks peace and social wellbeing for Palestinians, unlike the real Hamas, which seeks to carry out a second Holocaust of Jews. Roy has been described as “the ringmaster of Harvard's bash Israel circus.”

Look. If I'm not going to spend an hour and a half watching a video, I'm sure not going to spend that same hour and half reading a book by someone with no expertise in either economics or political science because you recommended it.

If you acknowledge that Hamas spends money on things other than the needs of its citizens to alleviate the "inhuman conditions" then we agree that the source of he problem is Hamas and not Israel.

I'm sure not going to spend that same hour and half reading a book by someone with no expertise in either economics or political science because you recommended it.
Sara Roy (Ph.D. Harvard University) is a senior research scholar at Harvard’s Center for Middle Eastern Studies specializing in the Palestinian economy, Palestinian Islamism and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Dr. Roy began her research in the Gaza Strip and West Bank in 1985 with a focus on the economic, social and political development of the Gaza Strip and on U.S. foreign assistance to the region. Since then, she has written extensively on the Palestinian economy, particularly in Gaza, and on Gaza’s de-development, a concept she originated. Dr. Roy is the author of many books and publications, including, The Gaza Strip: The Political Economy of De-development (Institute for Palestine Studies, 1995, 2001, 2016) and Hamas and Civil Society in Gaza: Engaging the Islamist Social Sector (Princeton University Press, 2011, 2014)

The Hamas PR Machine in America – Jewish Policy Center

Boston University professor Augustus Richard Norton and Harvard University Middle Eastern Studies scholar Sara Roy recently co-authored an article for the Christian Science Monitor entitled, “Yes, You Can Work With Hamas,” encouraging Washington to recognize the legitimacy of the terrorist organization. Writer Cinnamon Stillwell notes that Roy, in particular, has “long been invested in forging the idea of a ‘New Hamas’ by attempting to downplay the group’s openly genocidal ambitions and picturing them instead as an enlightened group of do-gooders interested only in social services and education.”

Sara Roy, who holds a non-tenured “research” position at Harvard’s Center for Middle East Studies (CMES), claims to be a “political economist,” although she apparently has no training in economics or political science. She also claims to be an expert in Middle East Studies, but has no degree in that either. Her PhD is in Education.

Roy claims to be an expert on the political economy of the Gaza Strip, but her real expertise is in anti-Israel leftist political propaganda. She worked on her doctoral dissertation in education part of the time while living for a while in the Gaza Strip, and got paid as a a research assistant by the West Bank Data Base Project, a propaganda project directed by anti-Israel radical Israeli non-academic leftists.

Roy’s Middle East studies publications are by and large propaganda diatribes, and many appear in non-academic anti-Israel propaganda magazines, some of which appear in openly anti-Semitic web magazines, at least one having intimate ties to the PLO. Phyllis Chessler calls her one of "the most savage critics—of America and Israel.” Roy is a prolific writer of newspaper op-eds and spends much of her time giving “expert” lectures about the Arab-Israel conflict.

Sara Roy was born Jewish, and she uses this circumstance as a lever to better support Israel’s enemies. She refers frequently to something she calls a “Jewish ethical perspective” whenever bashing Israel and cites her “Jewish roots” when promoting the Hamas on anti-Semitic web sites such as the Neo-Stalinist Counterpunch.

Roy is, in fact, arguably the leading apologist for Hamas in American academia today. She is the inventor of an imaginary “New Hamas,” a fictional group that seeks peace and social wellbeing for Palestinians, unlike the real Hamas, which seeks to carry out a second Holocaust of Jews. Roy has been described as “the ringmaster of Harvard's bash Israel circus.”
So you link to an Israeli propaganda rag.

Priceless.

So you link to an Israeli propaganda rag.

Priceless.

So your tender islamo-sensibilities are offended. I’m devastated. Really, I am.

So, your link was to a blog authored by a leftist clown.

Priceless.

I'm sure not going to spend that same hour and half reading a book by someone with no expertise in either economics or political science because you recommended it.
Sara Roy (Ph.D. Harvard University) is a senior research scholar at Harvard’s Center for Middle Eastern Studies specializing in the Palestinian economy, Palestinian Islamism and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Dr. Roy began her research in the Gaza Strip and West Bank in 1985 with a focus on the economic, social and political development of the Gaza Strip and on U.S. foreign assistance to the region. Since then, she has written extensively on the Palestinian economy, particularly in Gaza, and on Gaza’s de-development, a concept she originated. Dr. Roy is the author of many books and publications, including, The Gaza Strip: The Political Economy of De-development (Institute for Palestine Studies, 1995, 2001, 2016) and Hamas and Civil Society in Gaza: Engaging the Islamist Social Sector (Princeton University Press, 2011, 2014)

Sara Roy has a degree in Education and none in the fields she is writing in.

Now. Did you want to try to deny that Hamas spends millions of dollars on things gas not related to the welfare of her citizens?

Now. Did you want to try to deny that Hamas spends millions of dollars on things gas not related to the welfare of her citizens?
Israel will not allow economic development.

Israel will not allow economic development.

You are like helpless children, unable and unwilling to take responsibility for your actions and subsequent consequences.

You has this need to wallow in your ignorance and ineptitude and use those as excuses for failure which is,I suspect, partly a function of politico-religious ideology which is progress loathing and retrograde.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back