Palestinian Statehood...

pbel

Gold Member
Feb 26, 2012
There is no doubt that the Peace talks have failed...The next step will be the UN approval of full membership of a Palestinian State to the 67 borders by the UN with a US approval or abstention in the Security Council...

Israeli Sanctions will follow.

Settlement spat looms over Kerry Mideast peace push

Jerusalem (AFP) - Secretary of State John Kerry headed for talks with Jordan's king Thursday after reaffirming US opposition to Israeli settlements, as the contentious issue threatens to derail the peace process.

Related Stories

Palestinians: No talks with Israel while settlement grows AFP
Kerry in Jordan as settlement spat imperils Mideast peace push AFP
Kerry seeks movement in Israeli, Palestinian talks Associated Press
Kerry scrambles to save Israeli, Palestinian talks Associated Press
Kerry seeks to rescue Israeli-Palestinian peace process AFP

The top US diplomat is due in Amman for a meeting with King Abdullah, before once again holding talks with Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas, this time in the Jordanian capital.

Kerry has single-mindedly fought to get the Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations back on track despite recriminations on both sides.

During marathon talks on Wednesday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu denounced the Palestinians for threatening to leave the talks over Israel's continued settlement construction on land they want for their future state.

Last edited:
I don't see the Palestinian people expressing a desire to create a new Palestinian state.

It's amusing how the Arabs think that there was actually a State of Palestine when Palestine was actually just a territory, the same as you see other territories around the world. Perhaps if the Arabs in the area stopped acting so belligerent, they might be able to create some kind of state.

It's amusing how the Arabs think that there was actually a State of Palestine when Palestine was actually just a territory, the same as you see other territories around the world. Perhaps if the Arabs in the area stopped acting so belligerent, they might be able to create some kind of state.

Interesting political opinion.

Isn't it great how people in America are allowed to have their opinions unlike Arab countries where you can be thrown in jail if your opinion doesn't coincide with the thinking of the leaders? You seem to have no trouble expressing your opinion that the State of Israel is in some fictitious country of Palestine.

Isn't it great how people in America are allowed to have their opinions unlike Arab countries where you can be thrown in jail if your opinion doesn't coincide with the thinking of the leaders? You seem to have no trouble expressing your opinion that the State of Israel is in some fictitious country of Palestine.

You need to read up.

Perhaps it is you, Mr. Tinmore, who has to read up. I can just imagine what they teach for history in the Gazan schools. Off the top of your head, why not tell us what you learned in history about this fictictious country of Palestine? Those of us born in American can certainly, no matter our IQ level, can throw out a few facts about our history, so surely you must be capable of giving us some Palestine history. -- let's say before the Ottoman Turks took over since the Turks are not Arabs.

Perhaps it is you, Mr. Tinmore, who has to read up. I can just imagine what they teach for history in the Gazan schools. Off the top of your head, why not tell us what you learned in history about this fictictious country of Palestine? Those of us born in American can certainly, no matter our IQ level, can throw out a few facts about our history, so surely you must be capable of giving us some Palestine history. -- let's say before the Ottoman Turks took over since the Turks are not Arabs.

Neither Israel nor Palestine were mentioned in high school.

Israel was mentioned nearly every day in MY high-school, because I'm Jewish and we're not "foreigners" to Israel, as you keep saying. (America too, of course.)

Billo_Really, et al,

I thought you knew. The Palestinians have their own state.

If Israeli's are allowed to have their state, it's only fair that the Pals are allowed to have theirs.
(COMMENT)

Or is that something you don't acknowledge either.

General Assembly Resolution 43/177. Question of Palestine said:
The General Assembly,

Having considered the item entitled "Question of Palestine",

Recalling its resolution 181 (II) of 29 November 1947, in which, inter alia, it called for the establishment of an Arab State and a Jewish State in Palestine,

Mindful of the special responsibility of the United Nations to achieve a just solution to the question of Palestine,

Aware of the proclamation of the State of Palestine by the Palestine National Council in line with General Assembly resolution 181 (II) and in exercise of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people,

Affirming the urgent need to achieve a just and comprehensive settlement in the Middle East which, inter alia, provides for peaceful coexistence for all States in the region,

Recalling its resolution 3237 (XXIX) of 22 November 1974 on the observer status for the Palestine Liberation Organization and subsequent relevant resolutions,

1. Acknowledges the proclamation of the State of Palestine by the Palestine National Council on 15 November 1988;

2. Affirms the need to enable the Palestinian people to exercise their sovereignty over their territory occupied since 1967;

3. Decides that, effective as of 15 December 1988, the designation "Palestine" should be used in place of the designation "Palestine Liberation Organization" in the United Nations system, without prejudice to the observer status and functions of the Palestine Liberation Organization within the United Nations system, in conformity with relevant United Nations resolutions and practice;

4. Requests the Secretary-General to take the necessary action to implement the present resolution.

SOURCE: A/RES/43/177 15 December 1988

Oh yes, I forgot, you don't recognize GA Resolution 181(II), so it can't be so.

Please disregard.

Most Respectfully,
R

Billo_Really, et al,

If Israeli's are allowed to have their state, it's only fair that the Pals are allowed to have theirs.
(COMMENT)

The General Assembly,

Recalling its resolution 181 (II) of 29 November 1947, in which, inter alia, it called for the establishment of an Arab State and a Jewish State in Palestine,

Mindful of the special responsibility of the United Nations to achieve a just solution to the question of Palestine,

Aware of the proclamation of the State of Palestine by the Palestine National Council in line with General Assembly resolution 181 (II) and in exercise of the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people,

Affirming the urgent need to achieve a just and comprehensive settlement in the Middle East which, inter alia, provides for peaceful coexistence for all States in the region,

Recalling its resolution 3237 (XXIX) of 22 November 1974 on the observer status for the Palestine Liberation Organization and subsequent relevant resolutions,

1. Acknowledges the proclamation of the State of Palestine by the Palestine National Council on 15 November 1988;

2. Affirms the need to enable the Palestinian people to exercise their sovereignty over their territory occupied since 1967;

3. Decides that, effective as of 15 December 1988, the designation "Palestine" should be used in place of the designation "Palestine Liberation Organization" in the United Nations system, without prejudice to the observer status and functions of the Palestine Liberation Organization within the United Nations system, in conformity with relevant United Nations resolutions and practice;

4. Requests the Secretary-General to take the necessary action to implement the present resolution.

Please disregard.

Most Respectfully,
R

The UN has no authority to give anyone a state.

Israel was mentioned nearly every day in MY high-school, because I'm Jewish and we're not "foreigners" to Israel, as you keep saying. (America too, of course.)

I never said that.

It was a UN British Mandate for the Residents residing there long before Israel was thought of as a Nation...

You're poo poohing like the Palestinians as they identify themselves today...it was simply a Trust to be determined...It was simply Western Power Politics or force that created Israel out of thin air because of Western Military Power of the WWll victors without the consent of the people by vote...It is that Israel never existed as a nation prior to the taking of nationhood by force.

I don't see the Palestinian people expressing a desire to create a new Palestinian state.

You hit the nail on the head, Tinmore. They're more interested in destroying Israel than creating a new Palestinian state.

Why should the Palestinians get excited about creating a newer, smaller, almost a state?

The Palestinians are just demanding their rights and let the chips fall where they may. It is Israel that must respond in the face of the world community.

P F Tinmore, et al,

Without regard to what the authority of the UN may, or may not, be --- that is not what was done --- nor what it says.

Billo_Really, et al,

(COMMENT)

The General Assembly,

Please disregard.

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

Just like the Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians, and Israelis, the Palestinian People made a declaration and the UN:

We call this the "right of self-determination."

Now if the Arab Palestinian want to declare themselves an unapportioned territory, as in an Article 22 State of the LoN, "until such time as they are able to stand alone," I'm sure that the UN can withdraw its recognition.

Is that what you are recommending?

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

Without regard to what the authority of the UN may, or may not, be --- that is not what was done --- nor what it says.

Billo_Really, et al,

(COMMENT)

Please disregard.

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

Just like the Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians, and Israelis, the Palestinian People made a declaration and the UN:

We call this the "right of self-determination."

Now if the Arab Palestinian want to declare themselves an unapportioned territory, as in an Article 22 State of the LoN, "until such time as they are able to stand alone," I'm sure that the UN can withdraw its recognition.

Is that what you are recommending?

Most Respectfully,
R

Can you define un-apportioned territory for us, and who apportions it?

Forum List

Back