Panetta: Us Wanted Out Of Iraq

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
Oh well. Remember all those Obama knee-padders claiming Bush negotiated the SOFA in Iraq and Obama couldnt do anything about leaving behind a force? Yeah, another lie revealed. Panetta, who of course is a racist Tea party member on this telling, reveals the administration wanted out no matter what and didnt bother even trying to negotiate.
Remember when the knee padders insisted the problem was Iraq didnt want us there anymore? Yeah, another lie. They were privately telling the administration they did want a US force.
OK, so we have definite proof that Obama scurried from Iraq, despite advice from his own team and pleas of Iraqus. That led directly to the rise of ISIS and now we are back in Iraq.
No spin here. No partisanship. Just the truth. Obama: Most incompetent president ever.
Obama team wanted US out of Iraq Panetta - Yahoo News

I don`t know what a knee padder is but I know when you go into a country where you`re not wanted or needed you`ll lose every time. Iraqis don`t want a permanent occupation force in their country. Get it? THEIR country. Our mindless invasion led directly to the rise of ISIS.

I don`t know what a knee padder is but I know when you go into a country where you`re not wanted or needed you`ll lose every time. Iraqis don`t want a permanent occupation force in their country. Get it? THEIR country. Our mindless invasion led directly to the rise of ISIS.
Didnt bother to read the article, eh? The Iraqis wanted us to stay.

Didnt bother to read the article, eh? The Iraqis wanted us to stay.
All of them?

Oh well. Remember all those Obama knee-padders claiming Bush negotiated the SOFA in Iraq and Obama couldnt do anything about leaving behind a force? Yeah, another lie revealed. Panetta, who of course is a racist Tea party member on this telling, reveals the administration wanted out no matter what and didnt bother even trying to negotiate.
Remember when the knee padders insisted the problem was Iraq didnt want us there anymore? Yeah, another lie. They were privately telling the administration they did want a US force.
OK, so we have definite proof that Obama scurried from Iraq, despite advice from his own team and pleas of Iraqus. That led directly to the rise of ISIS and now we are back in Iraq.
No spin here. No partisanship. Just the truth. Obama: Most incompetent president ever.

Panetta is a flip flopping fucktard. In the 60 minutes interview just a couple weeks ago, he said this:

"Nouri al-Maliki was the elected prime minister. He didn't want the U.S. troops."

So you got your Panetta, and I got mine. Which Panetta do you suppose we should believe?

Panetta is a flip flopping fucktard. In the 60 minutes interview just a couple weeks ago, he said this:

"Nouri al-Maliki was the elected prime minister. He didn't want the U.S. troops."

So you got your Panetta, and I got mine. Which Panetta do you suppose we should believe?
Because those are the exact same thing, right?
If Panetta is such a loser why did Obama hire him?

Don't change the subject, asshole, just because you've now lost the argument.

LOL! I havent lost anything, jerkwad. You got pwned. Just because al Maliki said he didnt want troops doesnt mean plenty of other Iraqis didnt. Or that al Maliki himself didnt give conflicting signals.
The story stands. Obama had the opportunity to negotiate troops staying and blew it. And now more Americans will die.

LOL! I havent lost anything, jerkwad. You got pwned. Just because al Maliki said he didnt want troops doesnt mean plenty of other Iraqis didnt. Or that al Maliki himself didnt give conflicting signals.
The story stands. Obama had the opportunity to negotiate troops staying and blew it. And now more Americans will die.

First of all no one can prove it was wrong for us to leave. Iraq has an army of half a million men.

Second of all:

You lose.

First of all no one can prove it was wrong for us to leave. Iraq has an army of half a million men.

Second of all:

You lose.
OK, so it wasnt wrong to leave, even though plenty of people warned what would happen if we did, and those warnings came true.
Second, al Maliki does not represent all of Iraq, as Panetta's comments made clear. There was plenty of support for troops staying and the US had leverage to make that happen, but refused to use it.
So now we get images of beheadings and shootings and we're back spending money and no doubt soon blood to fix Obama's mistake.
And you keep dishing out hte same bullshit to cover up Obama's mistakes.

Are you really so naive that you can't see that Panetta is just engaged in some sort of face saving after-the-fact CYA song and dance?

You want to provide something credible from Panetta? Go back before the end of 2011 and find Panetta protesting the pullout.

Show him disagreeing about THEN, not now, in hindsight.

There's your chance to post something worth posting.

Second of all:

You lose.
OK, so it wasnt wrong to leave, even though plenty of people warned what would happen if we did, and those warnings came true.
Second, al Maliki does not represent all of Iraq, as Panetta's comments made clear. There was plenty of support for troops staying and the US had leverage to make that happen, but refused to use it.
So now we get images of beheadings and shootings and we're back spending money and no doubt soon blood to fix Obama's mistake.

It wasn't wrong to leave. It was wrong to be there in the first place. ISIS is a regional problem. Let the region deal with it.

If Iraq with an army of half a million doesn't have the will or courage to stand up to a few thousand ISIS militants, the last thing we need to be doing is going over there to die in their places.

Are you really so naive that you can't see that Panetta is just engaged in some sort of face saving after-the-fact CYA song and dance?

You want to provide something credible from Panetta? Go back before the end of 2011 and find Panetta protesting the pullout.

What face saving is there? What is Panetta running for? What incentive would he have to lie about this now? None.
You wont see any disagreement because the president's advisors rarely disagree with him publicly. Of course this time Obama's own generals are disagreeing, but that's irrelevanthere.
No, Panetta is clear on the historical record: Obama could have averted the present war but chose the expedient course over what was right. because Obama is the worst president in history.

Second of all:

You lose.

It wasn't wrong to leave. It was wrong to be there in the first place. ISIS is a regional problem. Let the region deal with it.

If Iraq with an army of half a million doesn't have the will or courage to stand up to a few thousand ISIS militants, the last thing we need to be doing is going over there to die in their places.
The fact is we were there. The fact is it was wrong to run away and ignore the obvious results. We are now going over there and no doubt US servicemen will be dying. Thanks, Obama!

What face saving is there? What is Panetta running for? What incentive would he have to lie about this now? None.
You wont see any disagreement because the president's advisors rarely disagree with him publicly. Of course this time Obama's own generals are disagreeing, but that's irrelevanthere.
No, Panetta is clear on the historical record: Obama could have averted the present war but chose the expedient course over what was right. because Obama is the worst president in history.

Okay, you are that naive. Glad we've established that.

Get us those links to where Panetta opposed the withdrawal BEFORE it happened.

And I recall already posting a link where you gave Bush, not Obama, the credit for getting us out of Iraq.

Remember that?

I'm just surprised to see Panetta doing this.

Obviously politicos do pretty much everything for selfish, narcissistic, strategic reasons. But surely Panetta knows this book is going to be fairly valuable fodder for the GOP.

Interesting.

Seeing Panetta do this didn't surprise me at all. He's a hardcore politician. Always has been.

If we were still occupying Iraq servicemen would be dying and/or having their legs blown off. Of course it wouldn`t be your son or daughter would it Rabbi?

I guess my question for Rabid is, does he really think the 500,000 man strong Iraqi Army which dropped its weapons and stripped off their uniforms at the sight of a couple of hundred ISIL fighters would have suddenly become braver if there were 10,000 non-combat troops in Baghdad?

How does that work, exactly?

Forum List

Back