Papa John's CEO: Obamacare likely to raise costs, employee's hours being cut

If Papa Johns runs such a shitty business model that a .14 cent increase will affect their business that much, then the market place will weed them out and allow another pizza chain to fill the gap that Papa Johns can't fill because of their poor business model.

How come Pizza Hut isn't complaining?
How come Dominos isn't complaining?

Our country places a priority on people being able to get healthcare over trivial items such as pizza. If Papa Johns can't adapt to the market conditions they will be left behind. Gotta love capitalism.

Where in the hell did you get a figure, much less $0.14??

If you had a clue, it's the pennies you need to watch, the dollars will take care of themselves...

How many company's have you operated and made the daily decisions for?

I figured whining about it makes him seem like a cry baby.

Since when do corporations complain about costs going up to the public? Should I expect to read the Walmart CEO bitching about the price of gas to fuel their trucks? Costco going to demand I take interest in skyrocketing prices for uniform production?

Since Tuesday, when 51% of America re-elected the second coming of Jimmy Carter...

It's just another decision the big gov forced on big business, you and I will pay for it, no big deal, we can afford all their dumb ass decisions...

again, guy, there's a simple enough solution where big business won't be involved.

Simply have single payer Canadian Style Health Care.

But you can't say, "Health Care should be provided by employers" and then balk when we make sure that they are providing it.

That's like.... retarded.

I bet HE personally wont take a hit. He'll cut as many employees as he can before he takes a cut personally. Most would do the same. It's the human way.

It's business bro. If businesses just laid down and took it in the ass everytime political actions cost them money, how many would still be in business?

No, it won't.

This is what you don't get.

He will avoid that cost by cutting hours and making the underclass that works for him produce more.

But Suzie the dough slinger voted for this. She needs to buckle down and work harder for less.

Back to work! chop chop

Why hasn't he done that already? Has he been intentionally running inefficient businesses?

Obamacare was not to be fully implemented, and the punishment it delivers to our most vulnerable working poor, until after the '12 election

If you don't know such basics, why are you even posting?

Yea, all that punishment the poor people get from Obamacare. With all those that can now be healthy, I can imagine they must hate Obama.

Our country has one of the lowest ranked healthcare systems in the world. How are you ok with that?

It's basic economics...thus liberals are too fucking stupid to understand.

If Papa Johns didn't have competition from Dominos, any other fast food place or even Tombstone...then they could raise prices for Obama's bullshit, but since they need to operate with a profit they can't just add millions to their operating costs so their pizza maker with a HS degree can go get FREE knee surgery.

Elections have consequences....

Was Dominoes exempted from the law?

If Papa Johns runs such a shitty business model that a .14 cent increase will affect their business that much, then the market place will weed them out and allow another pizza chain to fill the gap that Papa Johns can't fill because of their poor business model.

How come Pizza Hut isn't complaining?
How come Dominos isn't complaining?

Our country places a priority on people being able to get healthcare over trivial items such as pizza. If Papa Johns can't adapt to the market conditions they will be left behind. Gotta love capitalism.

Where in the hell did you get a figure, much less $0.14??

If you had a clue, it's the pennies you need to watch, the dollars will take care of themselves...

How many company's have you operated and made the daily decisions for?

This is the figure the CEO of Papa Johns himself cited.

Papa John's John Schnatter Says 'Obamacare' Will Up Pizza Price - ABC News

He quickly backed off of that when Papa Johns got a lot of negative feedback that hey, maybe their employees kids should be able to see a doctor for an extra .14.

I figured whining about it makes him seem like a cry baby.

Since when do corporations complain about costs going up to the public? Should I expect to read the Walmart CEO bitching about the price of gas to fuel their trucks? Costco going to demand I take interest in skyrocketing prices for uniform production?

Since Tuesday, when 51% of America re-elected the second coming of Jimmy Carter...

It's just another decision the big gov forced on big business, you and I will pay for it, no big deal, we can afford all their dumb ass decisions...

again, guy, there's a simple enough solution where big business won't be involved.

But you can't say, "Health Care should be provided by employers" and then balk when we make sure that they are providing it.

Move to Canada if you want single payer dumb ass...

How "retarded" are you?

Where in the hell do you think $0.14 a pizza is going to cover the cost of health care insurance??

Your not "retarded" your just FUCKING STUPID!!!!

You know who doesn't get affected by this part of Obamacare?

The businesses run by people with enough business sense and acumen to create and maintain a profitable enterprise without having to treat their employees like dirt.

You know who doesn't get affected by this part of Obamacare?

The businesses run by people with enough business sense and acumen to create and maintain a profitable enterprise without having to treat their employees like dirt.

Yeah so only the most successful businesses should get credibility. The ones that are still building, or struggling because of a hurting economy...fuck those ones.

It's basic economics...thus liberals are too fucking stupid to understand.

If Papa Johns didn't have competition from Dominos, any other fast food place or even Tombstone...then they could raise prices for Obama's bullshit, but since they need to operate with a profit they can't just add millions to their operating costs so their pizza maker with a HS degree can go get FREE knee surgery.

Elections have consequences....

Was Dominoes exempted from the law?

Dominos has kept their pizza charge exactly the same, and they are hiring employees still. Go down to your local Dominos, I'm willing to bet they are hiring.

Also, I would like to point out that when Obamacare took effect a while ago, not one single employer took any measures to cost cut. They only started cost cutting the moment Obama got elected.

Coincidence? No, not really.

Someone should let these businesses in on the secret that if you just simply step up your acumen game, you can be impervious to detrimental economic conditions.

Obama maybe?

I don't know why people eat that nasty ass corporate pizza anyway. It's bread and cheese with fucking ketchup on it. It's disgusting. In reality they ought to just be happy people are even eating the shit at all.

I don't know why people eat that nasty ass corporate pizza anyway. It's bread and cheese with fucking ketchup on it. It's disgusting. In reality they ought to just be happy people are even eating the shit at all.

I usually order from local pizza shops, they tend to have some seriously good pizza.

I usually order from local pizza shops, they tend to have some seriously good pizza.

Of course they do. Just like you can get better burgers at local joints instead of McDonalds.

Subway is a decent corporate food chain, but there's not a whole lot beyond that.

How "retarded" are you?

Where in the hell do you think $0.14 a pizza is going to cover the cost of health care insurance??

Naw... too cold.

We can fix this country, why should I have to move.

Your party couldn't get elected in this economy, they never will again. We'll have single payer eventually.

Again, this was Papa John's figure, not mine. I don't know how many cardboard pizzas they sell.

My first job- ever- was making Pizzas, and I made about 100 pizzas a night. so .14 x 100 x 365? Meh... Maybe.

How "retarded" are you?

Naw... too cold.

We can fix this country, why should I have to move.

Your party couldn't get elected in this economy, they never will again. We'll have single payer eventually.

Again, this was Papa John's figure, not mine. I don't know how many cardboard pizzas they sell.

My first job- ever- was making Pizzas, and I made about 100 pizzas a night. so .14 x 100 x 365? Meh... Maybe.

What do you mean "your party"? You're a republican are you not?

My doctor left medicine because of obamacare. His office has been taken over by a physician's assistant employed by the county health care system.

That's a pretty severe punishment inflicted on those who believed they would actually GET care from obamacare.

Forum List

Back