Parents of Nevada Shooter might face Charges!

If parents are going to give their kids guns, they should be held liable for it.

Actually, it’s not even a matter of ‘giving’ children guns, it’s a matter of ensuring that firearms are secure in one’s home when children are present. And if one has children of his own, firearms must always be secured.

If there were guns in the home and if they were not locked away from him, that is tantamount to "giving the kid a gun".

Names of school shooters have never been withheld. There must be some political reason they aren't telling his name. Perhaps he is a minority. The media likes to gloss over minority crime.

His age is mentioned twice in the post you answered.

Edited to add - Please, can't we have even one thread without the racist scum coming out from under their rocks? Race isn't important but his age is.

Where did he get the gun?

It is a precedent to withhold this information. There is a reason for it. I suspect the shooter was a minority of the Trayvon Martin ilk. God knows, if he was white his picture would already be all over the internet.

A 12 year does not need a gun and his idiot parents should have kept it from him unless he was shooting at a range or something.

An old maid can always tell you how to raise your children.

Notice there is no evidence the parents GAVE the weapon to the child.

Irrelevant.

The failure alone to secure a firearm in a home where children are present can be construed as a crime; even if one ‘forgets’ and leaves an unsupervised firearm out or unsecured.

The days of ‘hiding’ your revolver in the sock drawer are long over.

Even if a child goes in the home somewhere he’s not allowed to be, and discovers an unsecured firearm, the parents or guardians are in jeopardy of criminal charges.

If parents are going to give their kids guns, they should be held liable for it.

Actually, it’s not even a matter of ‘giving’ children guns, it’s a matter of ensuring that firearms are secure in one’s home when children are present. And if one has children of his own, firearms must always be secured.

If it were that simple the charges would already be made. IF the law is as you state in that State.

What do the rw's think?

If the kid used a unsecured weapon from his own home, should his parents be held liable?

BTW, these parents are already starting a life sentence in hell. As are the family of the courageous teacher.

Any way you look at it, these commonplace shootings ruin a lot of lives.

Sad, sad, sad.

If there were guns in the home and if they were not locked away from him, that is tantamount to "giving the kid a gun".

My gun isn't locked up and my ten year old son knows exactly where it is in case we were to ever have a home invasion. Of course, my kid will never take it to school and shoot people because I didn't raise him to be a nut basket.

My gun isn't locked up and my ten year old son knows exactly where it is in case we were to ever have a home invasion. Of course, my kid will never take it to school and shoot people because I didn't raise him to be a nut basket.

How you raise you child is obviously your own business for the most part, but I think you do a disservice to think that only people who 'raise their kids to be a nut basket' would ever have a child take their gun.

After the Columbine shooting in which one of the shooters used his grand father's gun, the grand father said he had no plan to keep the guns from his other grand kids. He said he carefully taught the kids how to be safe with guns.

Every time a family dog attacks and kills a family member, the rest of the family says, "I don't know, he was always find before".

Look at the faces of every damn mass murderer and serial killer. I'd bet most people would not think twice about any of them their own kids brought home for dinner.

My point should be obvious but just in case, it is simply this -

We are willfully blind to what is right in front of us.

I'm sure none of the shooter's parents raised them to be "nut baskets" either.

BTW, these parents are already starting a life sentence in hell. As are the family of the courageous teacher.

Any way you look at it, these commonplace shootings ruin a lot of lives.

Sad, sad, sad.

You don't know that. Maybe they will hit the jackpot like li'l Trayvon's parents did.

After the Columbine shooting in which one of the shooters used his grand father's gun, the grand father said he had no plan to keep the guns from his other grand kids. He said he carefully taught the kids how to be safe with guns.

Every time a family dog attacks and kills a family member, the rest of the family says, "I don't know, he was always find before".

Look at the faces of every damn mass murderer and serial killer. I'd bet most people would not think twice about any of them their own kids brought home for dinner.

I worked in psychiatry 25 years. You cannot tell who is going to hurt someone and who is not. We are taught certain warning signals that violence is possible, but the meanest looking one in the bunch is usually the one who will step up and keep the sanest looking one from killing you.

You don't have any clue what you are talking about. And you would be livid if someone said they didn't invite a black child to their home out of fear of black gangs. So, you are also a hypocrite.

Unless the child had a history of being mentally disturbed, no.

Actually it depends on the law. In NC it is illegal to have an unsecured firearm where a child can get it.

I'm aware of the law. That wasn't his question.

Doesn't have anything to do with pre-existing mental illness either.

IMO, if a kid uses a gun the parents made available to him, the parents should be held responsible.

Including you.

I worked in psychiatry 25 years. You cannot tell who is going to hurt someone and who is not. We are taught certain warning signals that violence is possible, but the meanest looking one in the bunch is usually the one who will step up and keep the sanest looking one from killing you.

You don't have any clue what you are talking about. And you would be livid if someone said they didn't invite a black child to their home out of fear of black gangs. So, you are also a hypocrite.

If that's true, you personify everything that's wrong with the mental health treatment in this country. You are so full of racism and hate and anger. To you, everything is about hate and race. Every post drips with toxic race. Honestly, I don't read most of what you write because its always so filled with poison. You did not pick a very accurate nickname and I'm sorry for you.

All I have to say is - OUTSTANDING.

Police: Nev. school shooter, 12, got gun from home | US National Headlines | Comcast

The 12-year-old student who opened fire on a Nevada middle school campus, wounding two classmates and killing a teacher before he turned the gun on himself, got the weapon from his home, authorities said Tuesday.

Washoe County School District police said they are still working to determine how the boy obtained the 9mm semi-automatic Ruger handgun used in the Monday morning spree at Sparks Middle School. The boy's parents are cooperating with authorities and could face charges in the case, police said.

Authorities say they're withholding the seventh-grader's name out of respect for his family.

Good. Parents have no business keeping their guns in reach of children. Not only did they lose their child, they lost their freedom. It was their irresponsibility that got people killed.

But alas, the blood has dried nary a vapor before Joe starts politicizing this tragedy.

Last edited:
All I have to say is - OUTSTANDING.

Police: Nev. school shooter, 12, got gun from home | US National Headlines | Comcast

The 12-year-old student who opened fire on a Nevada middle school campus, wounding two classmates and killing a teacher before he turned the gun on himself, got the weapon from his home, authorities said Tuesday.

Washoe County School District police said they are still working to determine how the boy obtained the 9mm semi-automatic Ruger handgun used in the Monday morning spree at Sparks Middle School. The boy's parents are cooperating with authorities and could face charges in the case, police said.

Authorities say they're withholding the seventh-grader's name out of respect for his family.

Good. Parents have no business keeping their guns in reach of children. Not only did they lose their child, they lost their freedom. It was their irresponsibility that got people killed.

But alas, the blood has dried nary a vapor before Joe starts politicizing this tragedy.

Actually, it was you who "started" politicizing this horrible tragedy. Or, have you already forgotten your declaration that no one died and then said something really REALLLY stooopid about the president.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ting-at-nevada-middle-school.html#post8025666

I wonder how old you are. You always sound very young and not real smart.

Forum List

Back