Parents of Nevada Shooter might face Charges!

After the Columbine shooting in which one of the shooters used his grand father's gun, the grand father said he had no plan to keep the guns from his other grand kids. He said he carefully taught the kids how to be safe with guns.

Every time a family dog attacks and kills a family member, the rest of the family says, "I don't know, he was always find before".

Look at the faces of every damn mass murderer and serial killer. I'd bet most people would not think twice about any of them their own kids brought home for dinner.

My point should be obvious but just in case, it is simply this -

We are willfully blind to what is right in front of us.

I'm sure none of the shooter's parents raised them to be "nut baskets" either.

Kids who perform these kinds of acts are not normal people.

Actually it depends on the law. In NC it is illegal to have an unsecured firearm where a child can get it.

I'm aware of the law. That wasn't his question.

Doesn't have anything to do with pre-existing mental illness either.

IMO, if a kid uses a gun the parents made available to him, the parents should be held responsible.

Including you.

Oh, I see. So if you lend your son or daughter your car on prom night and they go out and get drunk afterwards and kill someone should you be put in jail since you gave them the car? If your son is on the high school baseball team and one day beats the crap out of another kid he doesn't like with his baseball bat should you be put in jail since you bought him the bat?

I'm not surprised this is the stance you take because like most people on the left you blame everybody else but the person responsible for their own actions.

Last edited:
Good. Parents have no business keeping their guns in reach of children. Not only did they lose their child, they lost their freedom. It was their irresponsibility that got people killed.

Pretty sure it was their son, unless I'm missing something here. :eusa_whistle:

BTW, these parents are already starting a life sentence in hell. As are the family of the courageous teacher.

Any way you look at it, these commonplace shootings ruin a lot of lives.

Sad, sad, sad.

You don't know that. Maybe they will hit the jackpot like li'l Trayvon's parents did.

Well now, aren't you quite the bigoted asshole.

IMO, if a kid uses a gun the parents made available to him, the parents should be held responsible.

Including you.

Oh, I see. So if you lend your son or daughter your car on prom night and they go out and get drunk afterwards and kill someone should you be put in jail since you gave them the car? If your son is on the high school baseball team and one day beats the crap out of another kid he doesn't like with his baseball bat should you be put in jail since you bought him the bat?

I'm not surprised this is the stance you take because like most people on the left you blame everybody else but the person responsible for their own actions.

That's funny since its you who is saying the parents (you?) are not responsible, to some extent, for giving a child a gun.

Any way you look at it, parents are or should be responsible, to some extent, for the actions of a 12 year old, who I also hold responsible. But, he's dead.

If the parents made that gun available to their 12 year old child, YES, they are responsible for his actions.

You sound like one of those parents who blame the teacher if your little Johnny doesn't get treated like royalty. If you hand a 12 y/o a gun and if he goes out and kills people, YOU share responsibility for the act.

Left starts screaming about gun control in 3...2...

they already did - and expected everybody to believe their crocodile tears over the victims of shootings.

as if anybody can believe that abortion crazies will care about children being tortured and killed :rolleyes:

Children have parents BECAUSE they are not capable of making adult decisions.

NIMH · The Teen Brain: Still Under Construction

PPP: Child Growth & Development || Brain Development || Brain cells connect

The Teen Brain: It's Just Not Grown Up Yet : NPR

Discovery Health "Are teens? brains fully developed?"

Notice that these articles talk about the brains of TEENS.

The CHILD who did today's shooting wasn't even a teenager yet.

You can try to blame anyone you want to but fact is, parents who give their CHILDREN access to guns are responsible for the child's actions. Only a fool, a stupid and irresponsible FOOL would give a gun to a child.

Note also that, to my knowledge, we do not yet know if this CHILD got the gun from his parents so I am referring ONLY to what Dont'TazMeBro wrote.

After the Columbine shooting in which one of the shooters used his grand father's gun, the grand father said he had no plan to keep the guns from his other grand kids. He said he carefully taught the kids how to be safe with guns.

Every time a family dog attacks and kills a family member, the rest of the family says, "I don't know, he was always find before".

Look at the faces of every damn mass murderer and serial killer. I'd bet most people would not think twice about any of them their own kids brought home for dinner.

My point should be obvious but just in case, it is simply this -

We are willfully blind to what is right in front of us.

I'm sure none of the shooter's parents raised them to be "nut baskets" either.

Kids who perform these kinds of acts are not normal people.

not necessarily.
sometimes those are kids who simply are left there to fend for themselves - and both in Columbine and here the kids who killed the others were bullied.

somehow the beloved issue of the leftards - how to vilify the guns and gun owners is superseding much more important issue - WHY was this kid bullied so much that he felt nobody and nothing else will help him, except murder?
What happened to "zero tolerance" on bullying?

got pushed away by control over everybody who makes a finger sign of a pistol?

Any responsible firearm owner is going to make sure his guns are secure at all times, whether there are children in the home or not; if for no other reason than to prevent theft.

My firearms have been, and will always be, under lock and key, that was the case even before my sons were born.

Any responsible firearm owner is going to make sure his guns are secure at all times, whether there are children in the home or not; if for no other reason than to prevent theft.

My firearms have been, and will always be, under lock and key, that was the case even before my sons were born.

Same here.

I would never have a gun anywhere a child could find it without my supervision.

children & guns= lethal combination.

Lots of children grow up in homes loaded with guns and never have any problems.

My dad's gun safe was the back of his closet. He didn't need a safe because we were taught how to respect and use guns safely and that if we went near his guns without permission alien astronomers would be able to find the Earth because our butts would glow that brightly from the ass kicking we would receive.

That's funny since its you who is saying the parents (you?) are not responsible, to some extent, for giving a child a gun.

They gave him the gun? Do you have access to information about this incident the rest of us don't?

Any way you look at it, parents are or should be responsible, to some extent, for the actions of a 12 year old, who I also hold responsible. But, he's dead.

And that's probably for the best. Sounds like he was on track to be the American Psycho.

If the parents made that gun available to their 12 year old child, YES, they are responsible for his actions.

Again, show me where they gave it to him.

You sound like one of those parents who blame the teacher if your little Johnny doesn't get treated like royalty.

He rarely gets in trouble because he knows I'll crack his ass the other way.

If you hand a 12 y/o a gun and if he goes out and kills people, YOU share responsibility for the act.

Oh, now they handed it right to him, huh? Why aren't you on CNN reporting on this case, Dudley. You have so much intel on what happened.

not necessarily.
sometimes those are kids who simply are left there to fend for themselves - and both in Columbine and here the kids who killed the others were bullied.

Millions of people have been bullied as kids. Merely a handful do what this kid did in response. The kid was disturbed.

That's certainly your decision, but if someone ever breaks in in the middle of the night I sure hope you have time to get to it while your fumbling around with that lock and key in the dark.

They gave him the gun? Do you have access to information about this incident the rest of us don't?

And that's probably for the best. Sounds like he was on track to be the American Psycho.

Again, show me where they gave it to him.

You sound like one of those parents who blame the teacher if your little Johnny doesn't get treated like royalty.

He rarely gets in trouble because he knows I'll crack his ass the other way.

If you hand a 12 y/o a gun and if he goes out and kills people, YOU share responsibility for the act.

Oh, now they handed it right to him, huh? Why aren't you on CNN reporting on this case, Dudley. You have so much intel on what happened.

Over and over and over, I have said IF the kid got the guns from his parents and yet, you somehow don't notice that. You also conveniently missed this -

Note also that, to my knowledge, we do not yet know if this CHILD got the gun from his parents so I am referring ONLY to what Dont'TazMeBro wrote.

"crack his ass"

Yep, that pretty much tells me everything I need to know.

not necessarily.

Millions of people have been bullied as kids. Merely a handful do what this kid did in response. The kid was disturbed.

not necessarily.

he was bullied by gang members.
and bullying these days is way worse than the one which the parents experienced.

Including you.

Frequently, parents are held responsible....at least in civil court if not in criminal court. We had a case like there here in Poway about 20 year ago. Parents held legally responsible.

BTW, these parents are already starting a life sentence in hell. As are the family of the courageous teacher.

Any way you look at it, these commonplace shootings ruin a lot of lives.

Sad, sad, sad.

You don't know that. Maybe they will hit the jackpot like li'l Trayvon's parents did.

Well now, aren't you quite the bigoted asshole.

Yep.... I wonder at what kind of person who will state that they have hit the jackpot because their kid was murdered.......what kind of person is that? Really.....

Same here....my handguns only came out of locked boxes when my daughter became an adult. With her boyfriend working at a gun store and taking her shooting, she's become quite a good shot....no early bad habits. She outshoots her boyfriend.

Funny how this got negged....I guess some guys don't like to hear about being out-shot by women. They are THAT insecure. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back