Parents Question Choice To Sing 'Allahu Akbar' At Holiday Concert...

At no point did I claim to "speak for all Jews". That came from you.
No that was you, and I reprimanded you for it. You probably shouldn't drink so much, it's causing you extremely short term amnesia.

As I've now repeated at least 10 times - at no point in this conversation did I claim to speak for "all Jews". You claimed that I was speaking for all Jews, not me.
No. Twas you.
The drinks burning a hole in your memory.

Then I'm sure you can find the post and quote it for us.
I don't think I need to. You know you did it in response to Skye referencing Judeo Christian values. Are you seriously expecting me to believe you can't remember what you typed an hour or so ago?

I'm guessing that you're referring to one of the posts below:

In a Judeo-Christian civilization that's what you do!

You sing Judeo- Christian songs.

What the fuck is a "Judeo-Christian" song?

Keep your Jesus shit to yourself, goy. We don't want anything to do with you nutballs.

Keep your Jesus shit to yourself, goy. We don't want anything to do with you nutballs.

For a moment there .....I thought you were the poster guno.....:eek:

but no!!! it was our Senior Mod... theDoctorsIn! :p

Damn right. Don't try to co-opt Jews.

You guys spent 1940 years treating us like shit if not outright murdering us, and just because FDR was picking fights with the fundamentalists, 50 years later the same fucking group of people who sat rapt at their radios listening to "Father" Coughlin are now listening to Rush Limbaugh and claiming to speak for Jews. "Judeo-Christian", my ass.

Calm down for a second.

You are losing the plot completely.

Nobody is attacking Judaism, but we are referring to the Western culture which in a religious context is called Judeo-Christian as opposed to Islam.

Another topic completely is the one you are talking about, which refers to worldwide rampant antisemitism.

Lets keep on topic.

:lol:

I don't think you're understand what I'm talking about, at all.

I'm talking about how the term "Judeo-Christian" is just some bullshit Christians say in an attempt to co-opt Judaism into all your weird political shit.

We don't want to be associated with you. You guys are Christian, we're Jewish. There's a reason you guys split off 2000 years ago, and we haven't missed you. In fact, it's insulting - particularly when you say shit like "Judeo-Christian songs". When you say that, you mean Christian songs.

I do see that at points I tend to speak in the first person plural - but I would love you to show me exactly where I claimed to speak for all Jews.

I'm not whining, I was interested to see how you'd spin your bigoted slurs at non Jewish posters. You haven't done very well. And Unlike pc eedjits, I don't take offence easily, particularly when I have absolutely no respect for the bigot in question.

You're so "un-PC", yet you've just spent the last 20 or so posts trying to shame me for calling you a goy.
I was asking you to explain your use of it. Turns out you're just a regular bigot.

Again with the name calling.
if you can call me what I am, a goy, I can call you what you are, a bigot. What's the problem here?

You declaring me a bigot does not make it so, whereas you being a goy was decided the moment you were conceived. Why don't you elaborate on exactly which opinions of yours that I'm "intolerant" towards.
You referred to a few of us in an insulting manner as goys because of our comments on Judeo Christian values , you were intolerant of our views on Judeo Christian values - you were bigoted - a bigot - person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions. Geddit?

I'm not whining, I was interested to see how you'd spin your bigoted slurs at non Jewish posters. You haven't done very well. And Unlike pc eedjits, I don't take offence easily, particularly when I have absolutely no respect for the bigot in question.

You're so "un-PC", yet you've just spent the last 20 or so posts trying to shame me for calling you a goy.
I was asking you to explain your use of it. Turns out you're just a regular bigot.

Again with the name calling.
if you can call me what I am, a goy, I can call you what you are, a bigot. What's the problem here?

You declaring me a bigot does not make it so, whereas you being a goy was decided the moment you were conceived. Why don't you elaborate on exactly which opinions of yours that I'm "intolerant" towards.
Wow, so you are SERIOUSLY going to use the word goy after I proved to you that a significant portion of the population is offended by that word? You really don't care about hypocrisy, do you?

No that was you, and I reprimanded you for it. You probably shouldn't drink so much, it's causing you extremely short term amnesia.

As I've now repeated at least 10 times - at no point in this conversation did I claim to speak for "all Jews". You claimed that I was speaking for all Jews, not me.
No. Twas you.

I don't think I need to. You know you did it in response to Skye referencing Judeo Christian values. Are you seriously expecting me to believe you can't remember what you typed an hour or so ago?

You guys spent 1940 years treating us like shit if not outright murdering us, and just because FDR was picking fights with the fundamentalists, 50 years later the same fucking group of people who sat rapt at their radios listening to "Father" Coughlin are now listening to Rush Limbaugh and claiming to speak for Jews. "Judeo-Christian", my ass.

Calm down for a second.

Nobody is attacking Judaism, but we are referring to the Western culture which in a religious context is called Judeo-Christian as opposed to Islam.

Another topic completely is the one you are talking about, which refers to worldwide rampant antisemitism.

Lets keep on topic.

I'm talking about how the term "Judeo-Christian" is just some bullshit Christians say in an attempt to co-opt Judaism into all your weird political shit.

We don't want to be associated with you. You guys are Christian, we're Jewish. There's a reason you guys split off 2000 years ago, and we haven't missed you. In fact, it's insulting - particularly when you say shit like "Judeo-Christian songs". When you say that, you mean Christian songs.

I do see that at points I tend to speak in the first person plural - but I would love you to show me exactly where I claimed to speak for all Jews.
Here you go:

He is one angry, pissed off dude, thats for sure. And hates most of us. Or rather, people like me. Whatever he thinks I am, anyway. :lol:

......My distaste for you is, in a sense, somewhat unique.
Creepy.
Are you sipping Chianti through your teeth as you write?

Nope, I'm drinking beer from the bottle. Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA.
I just returned some empties of Sierra Nevada last week. :cheers2:

Is the a bitter IPA?

No. Twas you.

Calm down for a second.

Lets keep on topic.

Here you go:

My usage of the first person plural does not imply that I believe myself to speak for all Jews.

He is one angry, pissed off dude, thats for sure. And hates most of us. Or rather, people like me. Whatever he thinks I am, anyway. :lol:

......My distaste for you is, in a sense, somewhat unique.
Creepy.
Are you sipping Chianti through your teeth as you write?

Nope, I'm drinking beer from the bottle. Sierra Nevada Hop Hunter IPA.
I just returned some empties of Sierra Nevada last week. :cheers2:

Is the a bitter IPA?

Apparently it has distilled hop oil in it. It's good. High IBUs, and some crispness.

No. Twas you.

Calm down for a second.

Lets keep on topic.

Here you go:
I missed that one. Wow. Good find, Tilly! More egg. Splattered everywhere now.

No. Twas you.

Calm down for a second.

Lets keep on topic.

Here you go:

My usage of the first person plural does not imply that I believe myself to speak for all Jews.
I think it does when the word 'we' immediately follows 'keep your Jesus shit to yourself, goy'.

Since when isn't god great?

I read the article, I'm not seeing the problem.

Intolerance is what led to the Salem witch trials. The establishment always needs an enemy to conduct it's crimes against humanity.
Tolerance goes too far when Muslim Songs are being sung in the schools. Call me a xenophobe, that's just wrong. Ask the parents of Daniel Pearl and the families of other beheaded family members or the family of the man burned alive in the cage. C'mon...we need some common sense here. We don't honor the religion that calls for the death of our loved ones.

And some Iraqi muslim whose son or grandmother was killed in a bombing raid might have the same distrust or hatred of all Americans. How is this cycle of hatred to be stopped if not through education. Or isn't it ever going to stop, is it going to go on for ever? The fundamentalists on both sides would prefer it ends with the extermination, genocide of "the others".

"In a statement, the district said that they have students from many different backgrounds and cultures, and they promote equal opportunities for all students."
“Songs are not performed in a worship setting or to promote religion,” the district’s statement said. “but rather in [an] educational setting where students are learning and performing music.”
"A spokesman for the district said the Arabic song will be sung during an audience participation portion of the concert."
"During that time, a Jewish song and Christian songs, such as “Away in the Manger” and “Silent Night,” will be sung as well. A hallelujah chorus will also be sung near the end of the program".
"While the Ramadan song mentions brotherhood and peace, the district says that any student who doesn’t feel comfortable singing it doesn’t have to. Their grade will not be affected."

No. Twas you.

Calm down for a second.

Lets keep on topic.

Here you go:
Oh the tolerance :)

Intolerance is what led to the Salem witch trials. The establishment always needs an enemy to conduct it's crimes against humanity.
Tolerance goes too far when Muslim Songs are being sung in the schools. Call me a xenophobe, that's just wrong. Ask the parents of Daniel Pearl and the families of other beheaded family members or the family of the man burned alive in the cage. C'mon...we need some common sense here. We don't honor the religion that calls for the death of our loved ones.

And some Iraqi muslim whose son or grandmother was killed in a bombing raid might have the same distrust or hatred of all Americans.
Who said they hate all Muslims?
How many Iraqi schools will be performing Christmas carols?
Who said they hate all Muslims?
How many Iraqi schools will be performing Christmas carols?

Is it not fair that I demand my faith be afforded equal representation at all festive gatherings?

Let's stick with the traditional values of US citizens. Christmas and Hanukkah.

Exactly what I said earlier. You fundies dream for the day when religion will be defined as Christianity and Judaism only, so that you can ban all other religions as well as atheism and Agnosticism while pretending to keep the First Amendment. Cause when the founders said "religion" they meant "Judeo christian", am I right?

I need to find some really nice christmas songs for this thread. Just to show Doc how loved he is. :rofl:

Is it not fair that I demand my faith be afforded equal representation at all festive gatherings?

Exactly what I said earlier. You fundies dream for the day when religion will be defined as Christianity and Judaism only, so that you can ban all other religions as well as atheism and Agnosticism while pretending to keep the First Amendment. Cause when the founders said "religion" they meant "Judeo christian", am I right?

Actually, I think the founding fathers really meant different ways to honor Christ or no religion at all.

Actually, I think the founding fathers really meant different ways to honor Christ or no religion at all.

So you dream of banning Judaism too then? How about Mormonism. They worship Christ but not the real Christ. And maybe ban Episcopalianism too. They don't any more believe that the Bible is the literal word of God, so they are not true Christians.

I wonder, when the next time ramadan comes around if they'll be singing "Dreidel, Dreidel, Dreidel".:eusa_angel:

Well, generally, I have to agree with you.

We live in a society of law. That law is dictated by the constitution. So, to restrict this activity, we have to use this law with it's strictest interpretation and still be fair.

We trade with and give lots of foreign aid to Saudi Arabia. It is their radicalizing "Wahhabi" strain of Islam centered in Saudi Arabia that's causing the radical-Islamification of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, rebel fighters and western terror cells.

The globalists, pols on both sides of the political spectrum are using the oil to secure access to more oil. We use that religious ideology to create chaos and fighting to achieve geo-political goals and create terror. It's a game of grand political strategy, and people are the pawns.

In the US, if the people want to see this end, we need to stop support of Saudi Arabia, but we can't. The petro-dollar depends on the oil, they are linked. We are screwed. Perpetual war, perpetual debt.

The only way out is to just negotiate.

Dayum! I'm all over the place! Skeery! Boy, things sure have changed since the last time I took the test, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for taking Beliefnet's Belief-O-Matic quiz! The top score below represents the religious personality and beliefs that Belief-O-Matic thinks most closely matches your faith.

86DD44F400D24A2FABF04671108E0121.ashx
Conservative Christian Protestant
You have Conservative Christian Protestant beliefs (100%)
bom-email-DIV.gif

Click on any religion below for more information on different beliefs and faiths.

(97%)
(97%)
(90%)
(86%)
(85%)
(77%)
(77%)
(72%)
(69%)
(66%)
(65%)
(65%)
(61%)
(61%)
(60%)
(60%)
(100%)

Dayum! I'm all over the place! Skeery! Boy, things sure have changed since the last time I took the test, lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for taking Beliefnet's Belief-O-Matic quiz! The top score below represents the religious personality and beliefs that Belief-O-Matic thinks most closely matches your faith.

86DD44F400D24A2FABF04671108E0121.ashx
Conservative Christian Protestant
You have Conservative Christian Protestant beliefs (100%)
bom-email-DIV.gif

Click on any religion below for more information on different beliefs and faiths.

(97%)
(97%)
(90%)
(86%)
(85%)
(77%)
(77%)
(72%)
(69%)
(66%)
(65%)
(65%)