Park Rangers Turn 'Gestapo'...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Ain't Big Brother cool? What would we do without him?

'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone

Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures.

Instead, the Salisbury resident said she and others on her tour bus witnessed an ugly spectacle that made her embarrassed, angry and heartbroken for her country.

Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard.

The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited English skills thought they were under arrest.

When finally allowed to leave, the bus was not allowed to halt at all along the 2.5-hour trip out of the park, not even to stop at private bathrooms that were open along the route.

Rangers systematically sent visitors out of the park, though some groups that had hotel reservations — such as Vaillancourt’s — were allowed to stay for two days. Those two days started out on a sour note, she said.

The bus stopped along a road when a large herd of bison passed nearby, and seniors filed out to take photos. Almost immediately, an armed ranger came by and ordered them to get back in, saying they couldn’t “recreate.” The tour guide, who had paid a $300 fee the day before to bring the group into the park, argued that the seniors weren’t “recreating,” just taking photos.

“She responded and said, ‘Sir, you are recreating,’ and her tone became very aggressive,” Vaillancourt said...

Read More:
'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone » Local News » NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

I love it when the strict constitutionalist, federal government minimalists start screaming bloody murder when they get a taste of what they wish for in the first place.

I love it when the strict constitutionalist, federal government minimalists start screaming bloody murder when they get a taste of what they wish for in the first place.

Yes, lets confiscate little ole ladies' cameras in the name of 'Shutdown.' Yeah sure, we all want that. Uh huh. :cuckoo:

If they were using Gestapo tactics they would have shot a few of them and left the bodies laying on the road or the ditch next to it. They would have at least beat the crap out of a few of them.
Park Rangers are not Gestapo and don't use Gestapo tactics. They are law enforcement officiars protecting our Parks and the people who visit them.

They are unable to use common sense; a bunch of overpaid robots - more foe than friend!

Yes, lets confiscate little ole ladies' cameras in the name of 'Shutdown.' Yeah sure, we all want that. Uh huh. :cuckoo:

See how you have to lie. Where does the article say camaras were confiscated from little ole ladies'? Did I miss that part of the story?

The prototype role model for the modern day Park Ranger. . :cool:

barney.jpg

If they were using Gestapo tactics they would have shot a few of them and left the bodies laying on the road or the ditch next to it. They would have at least beat the crap out of a few of them.
Park Rangers are not Gestapo and don't use Gestapo tactics. They are law enforcement officiars protecting our Parks and the people who visit them.

It's a new America. Wake up.

See how you have to lie. Where does the article say camaras were confiscated from little ole ladies'? Did I miss that part of the story?

They were threatened by stupid Gestapo Henchmen. It's shameful. Shame on you for defending it.

They were threatened by stupid Gestapo Henchmen. It's shameful. Shame on you for defending it.

You are a liar. No little old lady had her camera confiscated. You deflect from defending that lie by telling another one. They were not threatened. They were told to stay in a hotel until their bus could take them out of the Park. When the bus stopped and they got off to take pictures or whatever with a wild herd of buffalo they were told to get back on the bus.

You are a liar. No little old lady had her camera confiscated. You deflect from defending that lie by telling another one. They were not threatened. They were told to stay in a hotel until their bus could take them out of the Park. When the bus stopped and they got off to take pictures or whatever with a wild herd of buffalo they were told to get back on the bus.

You didn't read it. They were threatened and intimidated. But hey, you go on Bootlicking. Whatever floats your boat i guess.

Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures. . . . .

Read More:
'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone » Local News » NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

You wanted to shut down the government.
You were warned what would happen if you shut down the government.
You shut down the government.
Now you are bitching because the government is shut down.
Is there a bigger collection of fools and idiots on this planet? I don't thnk so!

Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures. . . . .

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Is there a bigger collection of fools and idiots on this planet? I don't thnk so!

It will be remembered. The People won't forget the abuse. There will be a reckoning. So enjoy your Entitlement Mooching and Bootlicking while you still can. Time's running out for you guys.

You didn't read it. They were threatened and intimidated. But hey, you go on Bootlicking. Whatever floats your boat i guess.

I read it very carefully. The lady that was qouted, Pat Vaillancourt, said she was "embarrassed, angry and heartbroken". She gives no indication that she or anyone else felt intimidated or threatened other than some foriegn tourist that were confused because they could not understand english and didn't understand what was going on. The threatened and intimidated stuff is something else you are just making up.
You start a thread comparing Park Rangers to the German Secret Police who murdered, tortured, raped, and robbed millions of people with permission by an evil and horrible government ruled by a dictator that took hundreds of thousands of Americans to die and suffer injury to defeat. You sir are a flaming troll with nothing to support you anti American agenda but lies.

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Bullshit post. The prick in the White House and the mega prick in the Senate own this shut down.

They refuse to negotiate.

I read it very carefully. The lady that was qouted, Pat Vaillancourt, said she was "embarrassed, angry and heartbroken". She gives no indication that she or anyone else felt intimidated or threatened other than some foriegn tourist that were confused because they could not understand english and didn't understand what was going on. The threatened and intimidated stuff is something else you are just making up.
You start a thread comparing Park Rangers to the German Secret Police who murdered, tortured, raped, and robbed millions of people with permission by an evil and horrible government ruled by a dictator that took hundreds of thousands of Americans to die and suffer injury to defeat. You sir are a flaming troll with nothing to support you anti American agenda but lies.

"I was merely following orders" is perfectly okay when wrapped in the Stars and Stripes. Got it.

Forum List

Back