Park Rangers Turn 'Gestapo'...

Ain't Big Brother cool? What would we do without him?

'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone

Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures. . . . .

Read More:
'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone » Local News » NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

You wanted to shut down the government.
You were warned what would happen if you shut down the government.
You shut down the government.
Now you are bitching because the government is shut down.
Is there a bigger collection of fools and idiots on this planet? I don't thnk so!

Bullshit post. The prick in the White House and the mega prick in the Senate own this shut down.

They refuse to negotiate.

no they dont own it and your opinion is irrelevant. All polls show that you are wrong as usual.

You are a liar. No little old lady had her camera confiscated. You deflect from defending that lie by telling another one. They were not threatened. They were told to stay in a hotel until their bus could take them out of the Park. When the bus stopped and they got off to take pictures or whatever with a wild herd of buffalo they were told to get back on the bus.

You didn't read it. They were threatened and intimidated. But hey, you go on Bootlicking. Whatever floats your boat i guess.

I read it very carefully. The lady that was qouted, Pat Vaillancourt, said she was "embarrassed, angry and heartbroken". She gives no indication that she or anyone else felt intimidated or threatened other than some foriegn tourist that were confused because they could not understand english and didn't understand what was going on. The threatened and intimidated stuff is something else you are just making up.
You start a thread comparing Park Rangers to the German Secret Police who murdered, tortured, raped, and robbed millions of people with permission by an evil and horrible government ruled by a dictator that took hundreds of thousands of Americans to die and suffer injury to defeat. You sir are a flaming troll with nothing to support you anti American agenda but lies.

They were abused by stupid Gestapo-wannabe assholes. I know that conflicts with your Big Brother-Worship, but it is what it is. Time for you to stop licking those Jackboots and get real.

You are a liar. No little old lady had her camera confiscated. You deflect from defending that lie by telling another one. They were not threatened. They were told to stay in a hotel until their bus could take them out of the Park. When the bus stopped and they got off to take pictures or whatever with a wild herd of buffalo they were told to get back on the bus.

You didn't read it. They were threatened and intimidated. But hey, you go on Bootlicking. Whatever floats your boat i guess.

I read it very carefully. The lady that was qouted, Pat Vaillancourt, said she was "embarrassed, angry and heartbroken". She gives no indication that she or anyone else felt intimidated or threatened other than some foriegn tourist that were confused because they could not understand english and didn't understand what was going on. The threatened and intimidated stuff is something else you are just making up.
You start a thread comparing Park Rangers to the German Secret Police who murdered, tortured, raped, and robbed millions of people with permission by an evil and horrible government ruled by a dictator that took hundreds of thousands of Americans to die and suffer injury to defeat. You sir are a flaming troll with nothing to support you anti American agenda but lies.

Hey boot licker it was the tour guide who said they were using the Gestapo tactics of fear and intimidation.

The Gestapo didn't start out as rapists, torturers and murderers by the way. They grew into those descriptions by having been empowered by Hitler.

You can always tell a power tripper. As soon as they get the least bit of power they begin to abuse it.

That is what has happened in this case.

Hey boot licker it was the tour guide who said they were using the Gestapo tactics of fear and intimidation.

The Gestapo didn't start out as rapists, torturers and murderers by the way. They grew into those descriptions by having been empowered by Hitler.

You can always tell a power tripper. As soon as they get the least bit of power they begin to abuse it.

That is what has happened in this case.

Just following orders. That's how most of Hitler's Henchmen justified their evil.

You wanted to shut down the government.
You were warned what would happen if you shut down the government.
You shut down the government.
Now you are bitching because the government is shut down.
Is there a bigger collection of fools and idiots on this planet? I don't thnk so!

Bullshit post. The prick in the White House and the mega prick in the Senate own this shut down.

no they dont own it and your opinion is irrelevant. All polls show that you are wrong as usual.

Obama's approval has now just dropped to 37%.

:eusa_angel:

You really need stronger enemas Plasmaball. You are just so full of shit.

Boot licker. Here ya go sparky. Paulitician isn't lying you little jerk.

The tour guide was interviewed by a different newspaper a few days ago and accused the Park Service of — wait for it — “Gestapo tactics.”

Hodgson said in a phone interview Monday that a ranger pulled up behind the bus and told him he would have to get everyone back on the bus — recreation in Yellowstone was not allowed.

“She told me you need to return to your hotel and stay there,” Hodgson said. “This is just Gestapo tactics. We paid a lot to get in. All these people wanted to do was take some pictures.”

Hodgson said the ranger told him he could be convicted of trespassing if he disobeyed.

“The national parks belong to the people,” he said. “This isn’t right.”

Report: Armed rangers forced senior-citizen tourists to stay inside their hotel during Yellowstone visit because of shutdown « Hot Air

AND they threatened the dude ranch with shutdown if they allowed the seniors to use the restrooms.

Supposedly, on their way out of the park, the tour guide wanted to pull over at a dude ranch inside the perimeter so that the seniors onboard could use the restrooms there — but couldn’t, because the park rangers told the dude ranch that its license would be revoked if they permitted it.

In this case, Camp is right. Gestapo tactics is going too far. I would guess that some of the Rangers were just following orders and just told the people to get back on the bus because they had to. No cameras were taken and to our knowledge, no yelling was going on.

The Rangers may have been unhappy bearer of news. That still doesn't mean there isn't a pr*#@ in the White House.

I might have been tempted if I were a ranger to let the people go to the dude ranch to use the bathroom, but with my luck it would have cost me my job.

Last edited:

Obama's approval has now just dropped to 37%.

:eusa_angel:

You really need stronger enemas Plasmaball. You are just so full of shit.

neat! it could drop to 20% and you would be wrong.

Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures.

Instead, the Salisbury resident said she and others on her tour bus witnessed an ugly spectacle that made her embarrassed, angry and heartbroken for her country.

Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard.

The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited English skills thought they were under arrest.

When finally allowed to leave, the bus was not allowed to halt at all along the 2.5-hour trip out of the park, not even to stop at private bathrooms that were open along the route.

Rangers systematically sent visitors out of the park, though some groups that had hotel reservations — such as Vaillancourt’s — were allowed to stay for two days. Those two days started out on a sour note, she said.

The bus stopped along a road when a large herd of bison passed nearby, and seniors filed out to take photos. Almost immediately, an armed ranger came by and ordered them to get back in, saying they couldn’t “recreate.” The tour guide, who had paid a $300 fee the day before to bring the group into the park, argued that the seniors weren’t “recreating,” just taking photos.

“She responded and said, ‘Sir, you are recreating,’ and her tone became very aggressive,” Vaillancourt said...

Read More:
'Gestapo' tactics meet senior citizens at Yellowstone » Local News » NewburyportNews.com, Newburyport, MA
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

First of all the author of the OP is an hysterical right wing hack and likely has never been to Yellowstone.

Yellowstone is a wilderness area and home to predators including Grizzly Bear and Wolf. Our last trip to YNP occurred on a few weeks after a Grizzly killed a tourist (Aug. 2012) who got too close to get a good picture.

The park rules require visitors to stay at least 50 yards away from Bison, Elk and other animals and no closer than 100 yards to Bear and Wolf.

Anyone with a brain understands three things: National Parks can be dangerous, especially to the uninformed and stupid - both can and are eaten; the GOP planned for the Gov't shutdown and even campaigned on carrying out this foolishness; and, Speaker Boehner has the sole power to call for an up or down vote on the CR.

If the CR passes, people go back to work and small business won't continue to suffer, if it fails to pass the leverage passes from the D's to the R's.

In this case, Camp is right. Gestapo tactics is going too far. I would guess that some of the Rangers were just following orders and just told the people to get back on the bus because they had to. No cameras were taken and to our knowledge, no yelling was going on.

The Rangers may have been unhappy bearer of news. That still doesn't mean there isn't a pr*#@ in the White House.

With all due respect Jackson it was the tour guide who is quoted as saying that they used the Gestapo tactics of fear and intimidation.

They weren't just doing their jobs. The power trippers were getting off on it.

The bus stopped along a road when a large herd of bison passed nearby, and seniors filed out to take photos. Almost immediately, an armed ranger came by and ordered them to get back in, saying they couldn’t “recreate.” The tour guide, who had paid a $300 fee the day before to bring the group into the park, argued that the seniors weren’t “recreating,” just taking photos.

“She responded and said, ‘Sir, you are recreating,’ and her tone became very aggressive,” Vaillancourt said.

The seniors quickly filed back onboard and the bus went to the Old Faithful Inn, the park’s premier lodge located adjacent to the park’s most famous site, Old Faithful geyser. That was as close as they could get to the famous site — barricades were erected around Old Faithful, and the seniors were locked inside the hotel, where armed rangers stayed at the door.

“They looked like Hulk Hogans, armed. They told us you can’t go outside,” she said. “Some of the Asians who were on the tour said, ‘Oh my God, are we under arrest?’ They felt like they were criminals.”

AND

The tour guide was interviewed by a different newspaper a few days ago and accused the Park Service of — wait for it — “Gestapo tactics.”

Hodgson said in a phone interview Monday that a ranger pulled up behind the bus and told him he would have to get everyone back on the bus — recreation in Yellowstone was not allowed.

“She told me you need to return to your hotel and stay there,” Hodgson said. “This is just Gestapo tactics. We paid a lot to get in. All these people wanted to do was take some pictures.”

Hodgson said the ranger told him he could be convicted of trespassing if he disobeyed.

Report: Armed rangers forced senior-citizen tourists to stay inside their hotel during Yellowstone visit because of shutdown « Hot Air

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qDt1WDzhmU]Cool Hand Luke - 4decaca Movie Quotes - YouTube[/ame]

I love it when the strict constitutionalist, federal government minimalists start screaming bloody murder when they get a taste of what they wish for in the first place.

The geheim stats polizei is a institution of progressives dimwit. Read your history books.

You need to accept the fact that the radical left is running the Country and is angry and frustrated enough to punish Americans in order to make a political statement. If you ever wondered how the Nazis came into power look no further than the brutal tactics of the Hussein administration and the media's willingness to let it happen.

I might have been tempted if I were a ranger to let the people go to the dude ranch to use the bathroom, but with my luck it would have cost me my job.

A bus driver called what happened Gestapo tactic's and the newspaper decided to use the quote. Red meat for the Anti-American RW.

Pat Vaillancourt went on a trip last week that was intended to showcase some of America’s greatest treasures.

Instead, the Salisbury resident said she and others on her tour bus witnessed an ugly spectacle that made her embarrassed, angry and heartbroken for her country.

Vaillancourt was one of thousands of people who found themselves in a national park as the federal government shutdown went into effect on Oct. 1. For many hours her tour group, which included senior citizen visitors from Japan, Australia, Canada and the United States, were locked in a Yellowstone National Park hotel under armed guard.

The tourists were treated harshly by armed park employees, she said, so much so that some of the foreign tourists with limited English skills thought they were under arrest.

When finally allowed to leave, the bus was not allowed to halt at all along the 2.5-hour trip out of the park, not even to stop at private bathrooms that were open along the route.

Rangers systematically sent visitors out of the park, though some groups that had hotel reservations — such as Vaillancourt’s — were allowed to stay for two days. Those two days started out on a sour note, she said.

“She responded and said, ‘Sir, you are recreating,’ and her tone became very aggressive,” Vaillancourt said...

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

First of all the author of the OP is an hysterical right wing hack and likely has never been to Yellowstone.

Yellowstone is a wilderness area and home to predators including Grizzly Bear and Wolf. Our last trip to YNP occurred on a few weeks after a Grizzly killed a tourist (Aug. 2012) who got too close to get a good picture.

The park rules require visitors to stay at least 50 yards away from Bison, Elk and other animals and no closer than 100 yards to Bear and Wolf.

Anyone with a brain understands three things: National Parks can be dangerous, especially to the uninformed and stupid - both can and are eaten; the GOP planned for the Gov't shutdown and even campaigned on carrying out this foolishness; and, Speaker Boehner has the sole power to call for an up or down vote on the CR.

If the CR passes, people go back to work and small business won't continue to suffer, if it fails to pass the leverage passes from the D's to the R's.

Oh fuck off that you don't like the source Mr. High and Mighty.

It's in newspapers. And your defense of these tactics is pathetic.

Here's another source sparky. Hope this meets with your approval.

Hodgson said the group was scheduled to spend two nights at the Inn. When they got up on Tuesday morning, they headed out to see Yellowstone for the day, planning to return to the Inn for their second night’s stay later in the day. Hodgson said they headed north out of Old Faithful and pulled over to let passengers out to take photos of bison.

Hodgson said in a phone interview Tuesday that a ranger pulled up behind the bus and told him he would have to get everyone back on the bus — recreation in Yellowstone was not allowed.

Visitors and employees impacted by YNP closure | The Livingston Enterprise

You wanted the shutdown even mocked the shutdown and now you want everyone to believe you're upset at the effects of the shutdown you championed?

With all due respect Jackson it was the tour guide who is quoted as saying that they used the Gestapo tactics of fear and intimidation.

They weren't just doing their jobs. The power trippers were getting off on it.

“She responded and said, ‘Sir, you are recreating,’ and her tone became very aggressive,” Vaillancourt said.

The seniors quickly filed back onboard and the bus went to the Old Faithful Inn, the park’s premier lodge located adjacent to the park’s most famous site, Old Faithful geyser. That was as close as they could get to the famous site — barricades were erected around Old Faithful, and the seniors were locked inside the hotel, where armed rangers stayed at the door.

“They looked like Hulk Hogans, armed. They told us you can’t go outside,” she said. “Some of the Asians who were on the tour said, ‘Oh my God, are we under arrest?’ They felt like they were criminals.”

AND

I can't say some Rangers weren't getting a power trip on it, I don't know. The whole thing is a mess. Obama's mess. It's ridiculous that people cannot take pictures of our country and it has nothing to do with anyone's job. Decisions are being made from higher up to inconvenience and irritate as many of the "little people" as they can. Now who would make that decision other than a narcissist himself?

Read More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Oh fuck off that you don't like the source Mr. High and Mighty.

It's in newspapers. And your defense of these tactics is pathetic.

Here's another source sparky. Hope this meets with your approval.

Hodgson said the group was scheduled to spend two nights at the Inn. When they got up on Tuesday morning, they headed out to see Yellowstone for the day, planning to return to the Inn for their second night’s stay later in the day. Hodgson said they headed north out of Old Faithful and pulled over to let passengers out to take photos of bison.

Hodgson said in a phone interview Tuesday that a ranger pulled up behind the bus and told him he would have to get everyone back on the bus — recreation in Yellowstone was not allowed.

Hodgson is fucking moron and so are you and the OP.

A bus driver called what happened Gestapo tactic's and the newspaper decided to use the quote. Red meat for the Anti-American RW.

Ah an elitist as well.

It wasn't just " a bus driver" . Your liberal mind immediately denigrates his opinion because he's just a lowly bus driver.

It was the "tour director".....

That should make his opinion more palatable to you.

The tour director, Gordon Hodgson of Utah

Forum List

Back