Parkland Shooting Survivors Sue Sheriff Office & School System

The SC has ruled police officers have a right to life. They do NOT have to protect you. EVEN IF you have a restraining order..

Must be the ruling the Broward Coawrds hid behind
I think they are complete cowards.
BUT i dont think they should be sued.
If they sue anyone, they should sue his estate. HE is the only one responsible.

Oh there are plenty to blame for this one...my husband predicted right after it happened the lawsuits will fly
I knew there would be lawsuits. Everyone did.

Broward needs to pay ...absolutely no reason they didn't engage and the fact Coral Springs did makes them look even more weak

The SC has ruled police officers have a right to life. They do NOT have to protect you. EVEN IF you have a restraining order..

Oh there are plenty to blame for this one...my husband predicted right after it happened the lawsuits will fly

Broward needs to pay ...absolutely no reason they didn't engage and the fact Coral Springs did makes them look even more weak
It isnt their job to do it, sassy. This kind of thing has been struck down before.
I understand the emotion behind it, i am just on the other side..

It isnt their job to do it, sassy. This kind of thing has been struck down before.

Sorry but yeah it is their job and if they can't do it then resign

but it isnt.
The Supreme court has already ruled on this and threw out a case where a woman was suing a town in colorado because their cops wouldnt protect her from her husband whom she had a restraining order against.

but it isnt.
The Supreme court has already ruled on this and threw out a case where a woman was suing a town in colorado because their cops wouldnt protect her from her husband whom she had a restraining order against.

Oh save it. I don't give two shits what SCOTUS said, if you're a police officer and children are being massacred you fucking do something besides cowering behind a vehicle

"The failure of Broward County Public Schools, and of the principal and school resource officer to adequately protect students, and in particular our client, from life-threatening harm were unreasonable, callous and negligent,” attorney Alex Arreaza says in the letter. “Such action or inaction led to the personal injuries sustained by my client.”

The Sheriff ordered his deputies to stay outside of the school, out of harm's way, as kids were being gunned down.

Deputies remained outside, had no idea what the shooter looked like as a result, and allowed him to mingle in with escaping kids and get away.

The Sheriff ordered his deputies to defend him and his decisions / the department's actions.....

Two Parkland shooting survivors announce intent to sue sheriff's office, school system

It's about time someone gets real. Let the lawsuits begin.

but it isnt.

Oh save it. I don't give two shits what SCOTUS said, if you're a police officer and children are being massacred you fucking do something besides cowering behind a vehicle

Those cops were not men by any stretch of the imagination

but it isnt.

Im with you on that, i just disagree its actually part of their job.

but it isnt.

Won't fly this time. You watch. The school and related authorities will be found negligent in not providing adequate protection and not responding to the crisis appropriately. This will set a precedent for minimum standards of preparedness in school zones. Every stone will be turned on this one------ the Left has just been ASKING for it. This is not a gun issue, nor is it an NRA issue, this is a matter of the school authority And township taking proper steps in safeguarding children they are CHARGED RESPONSIBLE FOR while in their care.

The law mandates you HAVE to go to school, they cannot then say: but at your own risk! What if a school bus did not have the required safety devices on it: flashing lights, crosswalk barrier, etc., and a kid got hit and killed as a result? They would be sued for negligence, and the way schools have left themselves WIDE OPEN to assault despite repeated attacks, the way police stood outside smoking cigarettes despite shootings inside then left the assailant walk right by them, the way authorities were repeatedly warned about this kid and still IGNORED the matter, is all going to factor into this. And the nation and their community are going to side with this kid.

The joke is that it was just one kid with a weapon so meager that this boy took FIVE hits in the body and LIVED. There was no excuse for the police not to enter the building and not try to take charge of the situation. Had they even gotten near the room he was in and fired a few shots over his head and then hid, that would have kept the shooter too busy to continue killing children and they might have even been able to talk the boy out of shooting anyone else.

but it isnt.

Im with you on that, i just disagree its actually part of their job.

They know what they signed up for, just like the military it's very possible you might actually die

but it isnt.
That doesn’t mean it’s not their job. That only means they can’t be compelled to do their job.

but it isnt.

Well I agree with you Sassy.. it is like going to war and hiding in a hole when you meet the enemy.. We are paying their salary to protect and serve.. If you don't like the job well get another one..

BTW at the Trump convention here in San Jose ( I almost went ) the cops were told to stand down and let the people get beat up when they came out..Old, young were beat up..WTF..

"The failure of Broward County Public Schools, and of the principal and school resource officer to adequately protect students, and in particular our client, from life-threatening harm were unreasonable, callous and negligent,” attorney Alex Arreaza says in the letter. “Such action or inaction led to the personal injuries sustained by my client.”

The Sheriff ordered his deputies to stay outside of the school, out of harm's way, as kids were being gunned down.

Deputies remained outside, had no idea what the shooter looked like as a result, and allowed him to mingle in with escaping kids and get away.

The Sheriff ordered his deputies to defend him and his decisions / the department's actions.....

Two Parkland shooting survivors announce intent to sue sheriff's office, school system

hillary sheriff.PNG

BTW at the Trump convention here in San Jose ( I almost went ) the cops were told to stand down and let the people get beat up when they came out..Old, young were beat up..WTF..

Not the first time. Cops were told to stand down at Berkeley as leftists burnt the town down and at Charlottsville. Lawlessness and anarchy follow when liberals come to power. Root them out of every position from meter reader on up.

Videos show Berkeley cops doing nothing as violence erupts between protesters in street

the government CLAIMS they will save you with THEIR GUNS......just call 911 and sit back and wait for the government employees to come save you.....but this incident PROVES they will NOT.

Forum List

Back