🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Partisan Talking points

You know, I was thinking along this lines today driving home from the store. I do not watch TV news, the last time I did was election night. I do though listen to a lot of radio both the local Conservative talk radio channel and NPR as well as lots of PodCast.

Today on the radio was the local Trump cheerleader and he made the comment "anyone that is objective and honest...". I thought, both sides say this exact same thing and yet come to opposite conclusions. Then I started to wonder, do these people believe they are actually open minded and objective or is it just part of the act.

The division we now see is not an accident, it is by design from both sides (if there is really two sides). The old saying United we stand, divided we fall is 100% true and a divided people are much easier to control.

Good points. But dividing nations is one of the primary strategies of leftists throughout history. Get the people mad at the government, the landowners, the military, and each other. Hitler did it, Mao did it, Henry the VIII did it, Louis IXV did it, Divide and conquer. But who exactly is trying to bring the US down so it can be conquered? and why?
Hitler....Jews...Not a leftist...

The right wing nuts have been programmed to think that the Nazi's were "leftist"! :cheers2:

Nazi tactics in 1930s Germany were the same tactics used by leftists throughout history. Hitler envisioned a country where everyone was the same and everyone was controlled 100% by the central government. Those same goals are displayed by the leftist of today. Lets not get hung up on definitions and look at actions.

Virtually every thread on this message board is nothing but talking points from one side or the other. Is no one interested in the truth? Are we so divided that neither side cares about what really happened? Is party all that matters?

This country was not always this way. We were once one country with common goals and common interests.

If this divide persists, the USA will fall. Does anyone want that? Sadly, I think some do.

Comments welcome

As I have said before, the Democrats have slipped so far off the American cracker that I doubt any commonality remains with which to approach compromise with them.

A common enemy might do it, but who knows.

yes, there are factions on the left, and a few on the right, that are determined to do away with American culture, values, language, history, and constitution.

The question is: what better system do they want to replace it with?

As with all such conflicts, one side must win.

yes, but the problem is the country gets destroyed by the battle. The founders anticipated such things and wrote the constitution to protect the country. If we follow the constitution we will survive. if not, the USA is history.

i dont want to live in a country where everyone doesnt think and act the way i want them to think and act. check your white privilege. if you are white you are inherently racist. all whites should give all of their money to black and gay people and also people who identify as black and gay, except for whites who identify as black and gay, they dont count

Virtually every thread on this message board is nothing but talking points from one side or the other. Is no one interested in the truth? Are we so divided that neither side cares about what really happened? Is party all that matters?

This country was not always this way. We were once one country with common goals and common interests.

If this divide persists, the USA will fall. Does anyone want that? Sadly, I think some do.

Comments welcome

As I have said before, the Democrats have slipped so far off the American cracker that I doubt any commonality remains with which to approach compromise with them.

A common enemy might do it, but who knows.

The Republicans are just as far off the other side. By thinking it is just one party or the other you are playing right into their hands. Move past the partisan BS.

some are, but I think its obvious that the far left is much larger than the far right. That's not a partisan comment, just an informed observation.

Perhaps you just do not spend enough time in the right places to see the far right in action. Or you are far enough right that they do not seem that "far right" to you.

has the far right blocked free speech? has the far right destroyed public and private property in order to block the other side from being heard? I understand your points, but look at what has actually happened.

You know, I was thinking along this lines today driving home from the store. I do not watch TV news, the last time I did was election night. I do though listen to a lot of radio both the local Conservative talk radio channel and NPR as well as lots of PodCast.

Today on the radio was the local Trump cheerleader and he made the comment "anyone that is objective and honest...". I thought, both sides say this exact same thing and yet come to opposite conclusions. Then I started to wonder, do these people believe they are actually open minded and objective or is it just part of the act.

The division we now see is not an accident, it is by design from both sides (if there is really two sides). The old saying United we stand, divided we fall is 100% true and a divided people are much easier to control.

Good points. But dividing nations is one of the primary strategies of leftists throughout history. Get the people mad at the government, the landowners, the military, and each other. Hitler did it, Mao did it, Henry the VIII did it, Louis IXV did it, Divide and conquer. But who exactly is trying to bring the US down so it can be conquered? and why?

Hitler wanted to do away with all religion, the Jews were just his favorite target. Removing religion is a leftist tactic. The people cannot put anything above the state.
Not very accurate.... regardless, you were speaking of today and it is true that we have one of the most divisive leaders in our history. i.e immigrants, media, blacks, NFL, trans gender, etc...

If we follow the constitution we will survive. if not, the USA is history.
Well, there are those who say the Constitution is outdated and written by rich, white slave rapists. They even say the national anthem is racist.

So...?

they are wrong, misquided, or just plain ignorant. products of the teachers union.
... but the thought of the USA being history is probably not a negative to them.

Hitler wanted to do away with all religion, the Jews were just his favorite target. Removing religion is a leftist tactic. The people cannot put anything above the state.
Not very accurate.... regardless, you were speaking of today and it is true that we have one of the most divisive leaders in our history. i.e immigrants, media, blacks, NFL, trans gender, etc...

wrong again, the most divisive leader in our history was Obama. Protecting the USA, its borders, its values, and its history is not racist or divisive. Expecting citizens to honor the flag and the national anthem is not divisive, racist, or anti immigrant.

Wanting a country where all varieties of perversion are considered normal is divisive and will destroy this country.

If we follow the constitution we will survive. if not, the USA is history.
Well, there are those who say the Constitution is outdated and written by rich, white slave rapists. They even say the national anthem is racist.

So...?

they are wrong, misquided, or just plain ignorant. products of the teachers union.
... but the thought of the USA being history is probably not a negative to them.

probably not, and that is very sad

I think it started with Newt and his GOP lock-step confrontations with Bill. His 'contract with America' was a declaration of war on the Dems. I also blame right-wing radio. They need ratings and confrontation and hysterics get them noticed. I've heard them call liberals all kinds of crazy just because they have the audacity to harbor different values than they do.

wrong again, the most divisive leader in our history was Obama. Protecting the USA, its borders, its values, and its history is not racist or divisive. Expecting citizens to honor the flag and the national anthem is not divisive, racist, or anti immigrant.

Wanting a country where all varieties of perversion are considered normal is divisive and will destroy this country.
Are you making an argument or just giving examples of the divisive 'talking points' from your original post?

Comments welcome
Is no one interested in the truth?
Only facts that support their partisan agenda, not the whole truth. Contrary facts are to be ignored and/or distorted and/or avoided.

Are we so divided that neither side cares about what really happened?

Yes.

Is party all that matters?
Yes.

Correct. We're now a divided collection of tribal, hypersensitive narcissists. The Division Pimps on both ends have done their job well, the sheep are complying.

If this divide persists, the USA will fall. Does anyone want that?

Yes, some have made their opinion of this country clear.

I gave your post and the OP an 'agree' with one caveat: not all of us are either blindly partisan, ideologically fanatical, or angry enough to a) destroy a person by any means necessary simply because he/she has the wrong letter following his/her name or b) allow the country to fail rather than see a hated or resented person or party succeed.

There are some of us who:

a) support the vision, ideas, goals, objectives, accomplishments of a person regardless of his likability, personability, etc. Many numbnuts, trolls, and blindly partisan would destroy a person because they represent the 'wrong' party and don't care about vision, ideas, goals, objectives. They will predictably repeat the ugly talking points/adjectives/descriptions/slogans/lies ad nauseum in the effort to destroy a person.

b) believe that the people, allowing for reasonable social contract, will utilize their rightfully obtained resources and abilities and spend their money more wisely and effectively than government will do that for them. Many numbnuts, trolls, and blindly partisan look to government as god, Santa Claus, and benevolent monarchy that essentially owns and controls everything and righteously allows the people to keep a portion of what they earn and take most of that so that the less fortunate can be provided for.

c) believe a nation has the right to know who is in the country and who has a right to be there. Many numbnuts, trolls, and blindly partisan push for open borders and allowing all who want to he here to come here so long as they support the right persons/party.

d) believe in focusing on and fighting for values, principles, ideals, results regardless of the players involved. Many numbnuts, trolls, and blindly partisan believe that putting certain person(s) in power IS the goal and the only important thing is to promote a particular doctrine based on political correctness.

Comments welcome
Only facts that support their partisan agenda, not the whole truth. Contrary facts are to be ignored and/or distorted and/or avoided.

Yes.

Yes.

Correct. We're now a divided collection of tribal, hypersensitive narcissists. The Division Pimps on both ends have done their job well, the sheep are complying.

I gave your post and the OP an 'agree' with one caveat: not all of us are either blindly partisan, ideologically fanatical, or angry enough to a) destroy a person by any means necessary simply because he/she has the wrong letter following his/her name or b) allow the country to fail rather than see a hated or resented person or party succeed.

a) support the vision, ideas, goals, objectives, accomplishments of a person regardless of his likability, personability, etc. Many numbnuts, trolls, and blindly partisan would destroy a person because they represent the 'wrong' party and don't care about vision, ideas, goals, objectives. They will predictably repeat the ugly talking points/adjectives/descriptions/slogans/lies ad nauseum in the effort to destroy a person.

b) believe that the people, allowing for reasonable social contract, will utilize their rightfully obtained resources and abilities and spend their money more wisely and effectively than government will do that for them. Many numbnuts, trolls, and blindly partisan look to government as god, Santa Claus, and benevolent monarchy that essentially owns and controls everything and righteously allows the people to keep a portion of what they earn and take most of that so that the less fortunate can be provided for.

c) believe a nation has the right to know who is in the country and who has a right to be there. Many numbnuts, trolls, and blindly partisan push for open borders and allowing all who want to he here to come here so long as they support the right persons/party.

d) believe in focusing on and fighting for values, principles, ideals, results regardless of the players involved. Many numbnuts, trolls, and blindly partisan believe that putting certain person(s) in power IS the goal and the only important thing is to promote a particular doctrine based on political correctness.
This stuff certainly exists on a continuum (as do most things). The role of government is not all or nothing, neither are taxes or social programs or military or health care. Any of it. The key is in finding the proper equilibrium.

The problem here is the binary, shallow thinking the infects the thought processes of people who fall prey to political ideology. Normal, rational adults can bring themselves to say, "yes, that's a perfectly fair and reasonable point, but all things considered, I think this the better option".

As a whole, we are simply no longer capable of such seemingly fundamental thought. This is cultural now, the Selfie Generation, everyone is a special celebrity. Sure, there are many in between the extremes, but it's the extremes that are clearly in control right now, and it appears to be infecting us everywhere.

Comments welcome

Yes.

Yes.

This stuff certainly exists on a continuum (as do most things). The role of government is not all or nothing, neither are taxes or social programs or military or health care. Any of it. The key is in finding the proper equilibrium.

The problem here is the binary, shallow thinking the infects the thought processes of people who fall prey to political ideology. Normal, rational adults can bring themselves to say, "yes, that's a perfectly fair and reasonable point, but all things considered, I think this the better option".

As a whole, we are simply no longer capable of such seemingly fundamental thought. This is cultural now, the Selfie Generation, everyone is a special celebrity. Sure, there are many in between the extremes, but it's the extremes that are clearly in control right now, and it appears to be infecting us everywhere.

I agree that as a society we are largely no longer capable of civil debate, each side arguing its case, or any kind of objectivity.

Honest analysis of effectiveness/results/consequences takes a back seat to whoever passed the legislation or whether it is considered appropriate in modern times. Who a person once was or who he/she associated with in the past is far more important than giving that person credit for being who he/she is now. Political correctness is given far more power than any honest observation regardless of merit that doesn't fit the political correctness doctrine.

It seems that too many of us are no longer encouraged to be respectful, think critically, or make reasoned, logical arguments. Instead they are conditioned to spout profanity, vulgarity, slogans, and ugly/cruel descriptions, no matter how dishonest or stupid, of the person they are expected to hate and/or anybody who speaks well in any regard of that person.

For many, being numbnuts or trolls is pure sport.

Are you making an argument or just giving examples of the divisive 'talking points' from your original post?

responding to the previous poster who said it was all Trump's fault.

Comments welcome

Yes.

Yes.

good analysis. Don't you also think that the divisions are driven by the money in politics? Getting elected and staying in office has made our DC reps obscenely rich. So, the only thing of import to them is staying in office and staying in power.

Term limits would help. A total ban of lobbying would also help.

I think it started with Newt and his GOP lock-step confrontations with Bill. His 'contract with America' was a declaration of war on the Dems. I also blame right-wing radio. They need ratings and confrontation and hysterics get them noticed. I've heard them call liberals all kinds of crazy just because they have the audacity to harbor different values than they do.

actually Newt and Bubba Clinton worked together and got a lot done. Reagan and O'Neill had the same kind of relationship and they also got things done. Obama refused to deal or talk with the republicans and now the dems are refusing to deal or talk with Trump.

actually Newt and Bubba Clinton worked together and got a lot done. Reagan and O'Neill had the same kind of relationship and they also got things done. Obama refused to deal or talk with the republicans and now the dems are refusing to deal or talk with Trump.
There is more than enough blame on both sides to go around. Compromise is a dirty word and will ensure you lose your primary. Just ask Bannon.

Forum List

Back