Partition of America

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Several separatist movements in Europe already play a major role in the national politics of their respective countries. I believe there is some potential for similar movements in America. Is it possible for them to get political recognition and approach their agenda peacefully?
What will happen to the United States in this case and how the federal government is going to respond?

Several separatist movements in Europe already play a major role in the national politics of their respective countries. I believe there is some potential for similar movements in America. Is it possible for them to get political recognition and approach their agenda peacefully?
What will happen to the United States in this case and how the federal government is going to respond?
Unless they have the balls to actually start Jesusland, the change is nothing more than the reactionaries moving to more reactionary states, like Texas and South Carolina.

The flyover is where these cave-dwellers belong.

The federal government will control whatever sliver is left. If anything. Igor Panarin predicted the breakup of the United States into seven parts, all under some foreign jurisdiction.

Several separatist movements in Europe already play a major role in the national politics of their respective countries. I believe there is some potential for similar movements in America.

You are mistaken.

the Fed would kill everyone that tried.

just look at history

Several separatist movements in Europe already play a major role in the national politics of their respective countries. I believe there is some potential for similar movements in America.

You are mistaken.
No, there are people that want to break from the Fed. Mostly to become actual America.

A tiny, insignificant speck of nuts.

I think you over estimate the number.

Not sure what you mean by "separatist" but here in North Carolina we have a plan (or at least I do) to saw off South Carolina and push it out to the ocean toward the Bermuda Triangle. Who's with me? Come on Georgia, this is for your benefit too!

After that we chop off Florida... :cuckoo:

The federal government will control whatever sliver is left. If anything. Igor Panarin predicted the breakup of the United States into seven parts, all under some foreign jurisdiction.

I came along his work. I don't think it is a reliable study though.

just look at history

We are living in the XXI century after all. It is not that easy to kill your own citizens, especially when supported from without. International community won't let our government do whatever it wants. It is much easier to destroy the movement from within than start a full-scale military operation against separatists.

He successfully predicted the breakup of the Soviet Union based on economic models.

That's an interesting point, I didn't know that. I believe the US can and maybe will lose some of its territories but barely they will be annexed by sovereign nations, especially European Union and Japan. Texas and California would be pretty good at defending themselves from external aggression. Some kind of agreement between seceding states is also possible.

You are thinking of a conflict along the lines of the civil war. The Soviet Union broke up without a conflict at all.

The United States is fractured. Differing factions aren't separating so much as deciding not to live together any more. When a foreign interest starts exercising authority in a region no one stops them.

You are mistaken.

Scottish referendum means nothing to you? 44.7% of voters supported the idea of Scottish independence. It is quite possible for them to secede from Britain during the upcoming decade.
80% of voters in Catalonia support its independence. The same applies to this region.

He successfully predicted the breakup of the Soviet Union based on economic models.

That's an interesting point, I didn't know that. I believe the US can and maybe will lose some of its territories but barely they will be annexed by sovereign nations, especially European Union and Japan. Texas and California would be pretty good at defending themselves from external aggression. Some kind of agreement between seceding states is also possible.

You assume that a region would have an interest in defending themselves or even percieve an external aggression.

California would not fall to Asian influence, it would slide in satisfaction. If Texas became majority hispanic, no one would notice an increase in mexican influence. Many school districts in the southwest already get textbooks from Mexico.

Don't partition yet....I still have to escape from Illinois...and you know if there ever was a partitioning of the U.S....the democrats would have to erect walls, just like their European fellow travelors, to keep the people from escaping......

just look at history
Ignorant nonsense.

Forum List

Back