Pastor Brooks' godson murdered sitting in his car in South Chicago.

America is one of the most dangerous countries on Earth. So singling out Chicago is weak. This is a nationwide probem that takes more than governors mayors and city councils to solve. Maybe if we stopped spending trillions on war and invested in these communities things would be different. Police have problems in rural "low crime" towns with their own wrongdoing so don't mke excuses for them.

Pastor Brooks was given 18 million dollars and all he did was build a community center. Had he built a 24-7 supermarket and some retail businesses, perhaps that killer would have been at work instead of on the street. And when you guys are the ones who pretend that the second amendment is the only amendment and your solution to everything is more guns, this is what you will get.

Dude the US isn't even in the top 25 most dangerous countries.

Dude the US isn't even in the top 25 most dangerous countries.
Like I said, the US is one of the most violent countries on earth. I'm not talking about third world countries fucked up by our foreign policies.

America is one of the most dangerous countries on Earth. So singling out Chicago is weak. This is a nationwide probem that takes more than governors mayors and city councils to solve. Maybe if we stopped spending trillions on war and invested in these communities things would be different. Police have problems in rural "low crime" towns with their own wrongdoing so don't mke excuses for them.

Pastor Brooks was given 18 million dollars and all he did was build a community center. Had he built a 24-7 supermarket and some retail businesses, perhaps that killer would have been at work instead of on the street. And when you guys are the ones who pretend that the second amendment is the only amendment and your solution to everything is more guns, this is what you will get.

rebuilding neighbor hoods is a complicated issue. On the face of it YES. more investment would make sense but when you begin to break it down thats where finding investors and insurers becomes complicated.
There is a social side, a monitary business side and a legal side to the equation that all overlap. The social side is the toughest because there are decades of bad habits. To be fair you can apply that to the police forces themselves.

But when for instance I look at some of kamala's ideas and ideas from such people as AOC where they would like to take police off the streets, they need to remember. DO they think they are only taking the "bad" interactions between police and public off the street? How many times when police difuse a situation or take a really bad person off the streets does it make the news? just about never. Police presence gone creates a vaccum for gangs to do whatever they want.

We can already see in places where police force has been diminished and violent offenders are let out without bail things have gotten worse not better. If you want to increase investment in the most dangerous places, you also have to increase security at the samem time and let thieves and or robbers know it will not be tolerated.

Where I live here in the bay area, its very rare to find a 24 hour grocery anymore especially in palces like Richmond or Oakland, they and their patrons are sitting ducks for people who would rather rob than work.
take the businesses along Hegenberger Ave in Oakland. I'm very familiar with those places.

Investment is good, but it has to be done right or you are throwing the money away. the place needs to be safe enough for families to actually want to go there without risking their loved ones.

Wrong. And why aren't you jumping on Mike for posting about race?

I understand your questioning about Mikes intentions, its not an invalid question, but when I read his OP he Is at least referencing our government and political parties and how they operate their policies.
Now I see becaus eits again about black people in Chicago, it can be seen as race. Butthe way I see it, these Democrats and entrenched government in general are always making race relations and advancement their selling point.

As Citizens, we are allowed to criticize them for the job that they do.. criticizing them for the violence that happens in Chicago's worst neighborhoods seems like it shoul dbe on the table as well. Why should they be given a pass year after year?

I guess the thing to do here is ask MIKE directly then we can get some clarity on the thread

Like I said, the US is one of the most violent countries on earth. I'm not talking about third world countries fucked up by our foreign policies.

It has all gotten worse in the U.S. since the early 90s. Immigrants used to come here and the thing they would say is they loved this place because of our rule of law. Their home countries typically a mess with completely corrupt police and courts.
Its still not as bad as you think

rebuilding neighbor hoods is a complicated issue. On the face of it YES. more investment would make sense but when you begin to break it down thats where finding investors and insurers becomes complicated.
There is a social side, a monitary business side and a legal side to the equation that all overlap. The social side is the toughest because there are decades of bad habits. To be fair you can apply that to the police forces themselves.

But when for instance I look at some of kamala's ideas and ideas from such people as AOC where they would like to take police off the streets, they need to remember. DO they think they are only taking the "bad" interactions between police and public off the street? How many times when police difuse a situation or take a really bad person off the streets does it make the news? just about never. Police presence gone creates a vaccum for gangs to do whatever they want.

We can already see in places where police force has been diminished and violent offenders are let out without bail things have gotten worse not better. If you want to increase investment in the most dangerous places, you also have to increase security at the samem time and let thieves and or robbers know it will not be tolerated.

Where I live here in the bay area, its very rare to find a 24 hour grocery anymore especially in palces like Richmond or Oakland, they and their patrons are sitting ducks for people who would rather rob than work.
take the businesses along Hegenberger Ave in Oakland. I'm very familiar with those places.

Investment is good, but it has to be done right or you are throwing the money away. the place needs to be safe enough for families to actually want to go there without risking their loved ones.
The investments can be made in the people in those communities. You sit on your ass trying to tell me what won't work all the time. You're wrong. Black communities are not made more safe by the presence of police.

I understand your questioning about Mikes intentions, its not an invalid question, but when I read his OP he Is at least referencing our government and political parties and how they operate their policies.
Now I see becaus eits again about black people in Chicago, it can be seen as race. Butthe way I see it, these Democrats and entrenched government in general are always making race relations and advancement their selling point.

As Citizens, we are allowed to criticize them for the job that they do.. criticizing them for the violence that happens in Chicago's worst neighborhoods seems like it shoul dbe on the table as well. Why should they be given a pass year after year?

I guess the thing to do here is ask MIKE directly then we can get some clarity on the thread
Mike is race baiting. And it's time you guys called out whites who do this instead of letting it happen then jumping on us because we call it out.

The investments can be made in the people in those communities. You sit on your ass trying to tell me what won't work all the time. You're wrong. Black communities are not made more safe by the presence of police.

Your personal insults are just wonderful when someone is trying to express an idea with you.
But thats just you.
I express caution in investing due to crime and you talk about me sitting on my ass.

Ok, take all police out of New York city tommorrow and what do you think happens?

Also , where th ehell do you live ? a gated community?

It has all gotten worse in the U.S. since the early 90s. Immigrants used to come here and the thing they would say is they loved this place because of our rule of law. Their home countries typically a mess with completely corrupt police and courts.
Its still not as bad as you think
Immigrants are not the probem here.

This kid was going to be one of the exceptions. He didn't have so much as a parking ticket on his record. His 21 year old life ended in a hail of bullets while he sat in his car at 7 pm. As I have posted dozens of times, this type of 3rd world level violence DOES NOT BELONG IN AMERICA. The fact that it is tolerated by both parties is a disgrace to our government. But make no mistake as to who and what the leadership of Chicago is. One hundred percent DEMOCRATS.

So, let’s trace where the gun came from.

Immigrants are not the probem here.

talked to a nurse from Nigeria, and an old contractor in Home Depot that was from Kenya .. I had long conversations with them. both here for over 20 + years and both of them told me they dont recognize this place since the 90's when they first arrived... its gone downhill crimewise and every other way socially... and that was my takeaway from my conversation with those "immigrants" who used to love it here. They both said now they would like to move back.

Crime and lack of accountability, unafordabilty to live. They didnt say it but I'm saying it.. its the Democrats who have caused this downslide in our society.

Your personal insults are just wonderful when someone is trying to express an idea with you.
But thats just you.
I express caution in investing due to crime and you talk about me sitting on my ass.

Ok, take all police out of New York city tommorrow and what do you think happens?

Also , where th ehell do you live ? a gated community?
You can't see how your responses are insulting to me. I don't livein a gated community and I don't want black communities over policed. I lived in the KC hood. police everywhere. When I went to the burbs to spend time with my lady, you barely saw cops. But crime was going on there.

So if the same kind of economic development can be done for the hood that there is in the suburbs, the results will be the same. Because despite the references to crime you and others aways allude to when we talk about doing something in the black community, which is insuting. There are black suburban low crime communities in America. Therefore, the answer is indeed economic deveppment and investing, not using outside investors, but using funds to invest in ideas from people in those communities. For example, a city can offer a black start up a 10 year tax abatement so that they will be free to start and grow a businsess unti its profitble.

Wal Mart did not start because Sam Walton was looking for large outside investors to invest in his idea. In black communities, there are entrepreneurs with ideas for businsses that can create jobs for other members of these communities. Don't tell me how it con't happen. Don't start talking about crime. Don't give me some anecdote you saw as if that's going to be the result everywhere.

This is what you did in your post and it was insulting.

Mike is race baiting. And it's time you guys called out whites who do this instead of letting it happen then jumping on us because we call it out.

He didnt mention black people, though the Victim was black, the killer/killers not mentioned. To me the story was more about the tragic death of a boy who was doing everything the right way and get his life ended.
Where is Mikes Reference to the "N" word or those violent"blacks" all that? i see him criticizing the Democratic leader ship of Chicago.

So please explain why this post is actually a race bait thread? unless you just want to cover for everything the democrats do? Granted.... no one can ever erradicate crime completely... its just not going to happen, but if you never criticize your leadership you dont get change.

here we see the experts are referencing housing problems and density.. maybe this is something leadership should have been looking at for years now? Its still a top down problem that isnt going to cure itself.
And then I have to see this artice and be reminded now how the Democrat institution is just so happy to bring in 5 -6 million more people who will need housing.. making it even tougher. they make no sense to me at all. Th epoint of Chicago to me is its just a forgotten place by the power elite... I dont think they really care enough to do anything about it.

talked to a nurse from Nigeria, and an old contractor in Home Depot that was from Kenya .. I had long conversations with them. both here for over 20 + years and both of them told me they dont recognize this place since the 90's when they first arrived... its gone downhill crimewise and every other way socially... and that was my takeaway from my conversation with those "immigrants" who used to love it here. They both said now they would like to move back.

Crime and lack of accountability, unafordabilty to live. They didnt say it but I'm saying it.. its the Democrats who have caused this downslide in our society.

And so you talked to 2 black immigrants. Did you try talking to the black American that lived here their entire lives? This society was built on crime and oppression. Nothing has gone down because there never has been an up, and you damn sure can't put this only on Democrats.

He didnt mention black people, though the Victim was black, the killer/killers not mentioned. To me the story was more about the tragic death of a boy who was doing everything the right way and get his life ended.
Where is Mikes Reference to the "N" word or those violent"blacks" all that? i see him criticizing the Democratic leader ship of Chicago.

So please explain why this post is actually a race bait thread? unless you just want to cover for everything the democrats do? Granted.... no one can ever erradicate crime completely... its just not going to happen, but if you never criticize your leadership you dont get change.

here we see the experts are referencing housing problems and density.. maybe this is something leadership should have been looking at for years now? Its still a top down problem that isnt going to cure itself.
And then I have to see this artice and be reminded now how the Democrat institution is just so happy to bring in 5 -6 million more people who will need housing.. making it even tougher. they make no sense to me at all. Th epoint of Chicago to me is its just a forgotten place by the power elite... I dont think they really care enough to do anything about it.

You are making excuses. Democrts didn't ship those immigrants into cities. It was RepubLicans. Democrats didn't kill the system that recognized asylum seekers, that was reublicans. Democrts didn't stop the current border bill that was endirsed by the Border Patro, tht ws Republicans. Obama left with border crossings at a 40 year low. Trump left and there was a crisis. You and others want to have amnesia about Trump then blame Biden for a mess he inherited.

I live in a Repubican state, so don't tell me about what Democrats have done. That Republicaicn fucked up our state. That republican made it so democrat led cities could not perform essential functions.

You Trump supporters don't take resonsibiity for anything. And your shit is getting old.

Forum List

Back