Paul Ryan, third Worst Republican in the World!!

This is a good laugh.

Poll: Ryan 3rd-most-disliked GOPer

Democrats are winning the messaging war on Paul Ryan's bid to overhaul Medicare.

By REID J. EPSTEIN | 6/23/11 7:29 AM EDT Updated: 6/24/11 5:13 AM EDT

Democrats are winning the messaging war on Rep. Paul Ryan’s bid to overhaul Medicare, with a new Bloomberg poll finding 57 percent of Americans believe they would be worse off under his plan.

Only 34 percent said they would be better off if Congress replaced “traditional Medicare” with a program to purchase private insurance with government subsidies, as Ryan has proposed.

The poll also found Ryan is now the nation’s third most disliked Republican, with net unfavorable ratings that trail only former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

The conservative's favorite rising star, lol. Hey, we tried to tell you...

Poll: Ryan 3rd-most-disliked GOPer - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

What's the matter? Run out of Palin-hate material?

His plan wouldn't be so catastrophically bad if Republicorp weren't simultaneously calling for tax-cuts for the already well-off :lol:

People,

look at this chart:

Solvency%20Projections%20of%20the%20Medicare%20Part%20A%20Trust%20Fund,%201970-2010.jpg

See what it is? It's a history of insolvency projections for Medicare part A, i.e., the number of years before the trust fund would be depleted.

Was it ever depleted? No. Were adjustments in the program made to keep it solvent? Obviously, yes.

The point? When you hear the Medicare killers ranting about how Medicare will be insolvent in X number of years, and that means we have to kill Medicare to save Medicare,

just remember,

we've heard it all before, and NO, we didn't have to kill it to save it.

Last edited:
They're going by Norquiest's playbook:

Grover Norquiest: 'My goal is to cut government in half in 25 years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.'

You never hear the Repub's say this but that is what they want, to privatize anything that moves.

Ryan himself isn't particularly important, as his destructive ideas have become the official party line. With a handful of exceptions, they all want to dismantle Medicare.

NYcarbineer said:
... with a new Bloomberg poll finding 57 percent of Americans believe they would be worse off under his plan.

Only 34 percent said they would be better off if Congress replaced “traditional Medicare” with a program to purchase private insurance with government subsidies, as Ryan has proposed.

And I hope the Democrats pound on this fact in their campaign ads. America needs to know what Republican plans really are.

Or the Progressives' dishonest version of it.

It's clear the Democrats want to continue adding to the debt.......in hopes that they can continue to force raising our taxes. They really have no other solutions.

Last edited:
Ryan himself isn't particularly important, as his destructive ideas have become the official party line. With a handful of exceptions, they all want to dismantle Medicare.

And I hope the Democrats pound on this fact in their campaign ads. America needs to know what Republican plans really are.

Or the Progressives' dishonest version of it.

It's clear the Democrats want to continue adding to the debt.......in hopes that they can continue to force raising our taxes. They really have no other solutions.
Relinquishing their power is NOT on their list.

Grover Norquiest: 'My goal is to cut government in half in 25 years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.'

You never hear the Repub's say this but that is what they want, to privatize anything that moves.

Who the fuck is Grover Fucken Norquiest?????

The GOP wants to shrink government so it's less of a burden on the taxpayer.

Where is the evil in that?

Are you aware that the GOP/Ryan budget continues to add to the debt for the next three decades? It doesn't bring the budget into balance for about 30 years. That's why their budget raises the debt ceiling.

Course Obama lies about what the Ryan Plan does.

No current Senior will see a change in Medicare, but those under 55 will see a change.

Given that the Republican budget would repeal the ACA and slash Medicaid (which does intersect with Medicare for 9 million dual eligibles), that's a false statement. They're not forced out of public coverage--at least in the proposal--but they do see changes to the program.

Yes. Can you name one thing that government does cheaper than private industry?

Strange that you should bring that up. Yes administer the Medicare program cheaper than private insurance companies.

Medicare is also the most accurate major payer in the United States:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2011-06-26%2Bat%2B10.19.43%2BAM.png

Meanwhile, claims processing errors by commercial insurers are tacking on billions in unnecessary administrative costs every year.

So you're saying that a program that must be changed to remain viable shouldn't be changed?

I'm confused.

So, the 2012 slogan is "Paul Ryan Sucks"?

Well, personally, I'd go with "Four More Years".

:lol:

You have to crawl into the head of the Statist... Government can never be too big.

Of course he's unpopular. Nobody ever like the person who stands up and says "look, we can't keep spending money like this anymore". Nobody ever wants to cut back, and the person who tells you that you have no choice is usually the one you end up being mad at, even though they didn't create the situation.

No politican has been willing to offer any serious ideas on medicare/medicaid for decades, because they all know that the only way to fix it is going to be to make unpopular cuts. Whether you like Ryan or not you have to give hime Kudo's for putting his political future on the line to try and get this problem fixed.

They are not "cuts" it's called restructuring, so as to keep the programs and make them sustainable Obama cut Medicare by 500 billion dollars the libs seem to for get that or they are too busy slamming people that rare actually trying to save the programs and our country for that matter.:cool:

Look.....don't pay attention to that.....focus on their accusations.

Who cares what Obama and his cohorts are up to.

Are you aware that the GOP/Ryan budget continues to add to the debt for the next three decades? It doesn't bring the budget into balance for about 30 years. That's why their budget raises the debt ceiling.

Yes.....I also know that we are in a pretty bad state and getting too radical could make things worse.

The program could be changed to fit changes in the economy. Once the economy is back churning like it should be, the process could be moved up.

One thing is clear, doing nothing other then raising the debt limit every 18 months and raising taxes on everyone will never pay off the debt.

I'd swear that some of these people are either on the dole or paid political shills....either way? They feel threatened by the people wanting their control back over this out of control government.

So you're saying that a program that must be changed to remain viable shouldn't be changed?

I'm confused.

I've never said changes to Medicare aren't necessary. In fact I've highlighted many times reforms to the program that build on its strengths and have the potential to be very positive steps:

There is more that can be done. Ending Medicare's role as a public insurer for the elderly and eliminating the guaranteed benefit it offers are not comparable changes, as instead of building on the program's strengths they simply opt to end it and replace it with an inadequate voucher for an Anthem plan. Color me unimpressed.

Yes.....I also know that we are in a pretty bad state and getting too radical could make things worse.

Indeed.

I'd swear that some of these people are either on the dole or paid political shills....either way? They feel threatened by the people wanting their control back over this out of control government.

The Dems have been rationalizing their wasteful spending to the public.

They buy votes with public money and populist projects.

These projects are very expensive, so they have to think of creative ways to make us love being taxed to the bejesus and back.

Democrats are the party of handouts and this is their way of maintaining power.

They don't care if it puts us into bankruptcy because they figure they control the media and the media can make the GOP look like the cause of it all.

This is a good laugh.

Poll: Ryan 3rd-most-disliked GOPer

Democrats are winning the messaging war on Paul Ryan's bid to overhaul Medicare.

By REID J. EPSTEIN | 6/23/11 7:29 AM EDT Updated: 6/24/11 5:13 AM EDT

Democrats are winning the messaging war on Rep. Paul Ryan’s bid to overhaul Medicare, with a new Bloomberg poll finding 57 percent of Americans believe they would be worse off under his plan.

The poll also found Ryan is now the nation’s third most disliked Republican, with net unfavorable ratings that trail only former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin.

The conservative's favorite rising star, lol. Hey, we tried to tell you...

Poll: Ryan 3rd-most-disliked GOPer - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

What is it with democrats and crayons in their posts? Were you all deprived of coloring books as children?

Isn't it pretty much the same crowd that supports the wildly unpopular Ryan plan to kill Medicare who were the ones who kept telling us that the slightly unfavorable poll numbers for Obamacare

were more than enough reason to kill IT?

yes...I think it was...

Forum List

Back