Paying off my car

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
Almost done paying off my car! I think I have like 3 payments left and then it's paid for. I can't wait. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart for a while anyway. I don't want to have to get into paying a stupid car payment every month again any time soon. I want a break. Lol.

I probably could have just paid it off sooner in a lump sum if not for Christmas, but I'm still happy that I only have a few more months left!

Then, clothes shopping. :D

What year is your AMC Pacer?

I have an Impala. Mine has a moon roof, power everything, a Bose stereo system, tinted windows, and leather seats.

2011chevyimpalasideangleview.jpg

2011chevyimpalainterior.jpg

Good for you. It's a great feeling to end one's indebtedness.

Wish the country would give it a try, but that's another topic.

I've had some issues with this car though. It also has some warning lights that go on sometimes, but they tell me it's something to do with a sensor that's messed up or something. My mechanic keeps tweaking things so that it goes out because I guess it's kind of an expensive part.

Hopefully it holds out for at least a year with no major problems. I really don't want to have to make loan payments for a little while at least!

Almost done paying off my car! I think I have like 3 payments left and then it's paid for. I can't wait. Hopefully it doesn't fall apart for a while anyway. I don't want to have to get into paying a stupid car payment every month again any time soon. I want a break. Lol.

I probably could have just paid it off sooner in a lump sum if not for Christmas, but I'm still happy that I only have a few more months left!

Congrats Chris. Depending on make, model and routine maintenance, it should last you years and years. Even if you have to replace an alternator or radiator, it's a lot cheaper than a monthly car payment 12 months a year. One plan is to continue making your "car payments" for 3-4 months into a holiday savings account so you have money for tires, maintenance when needed. If used, then replace it.

Congrats Chris. Depending on make, model and routine maintenance, it should last you years and years. Even if you have to replace an alternator or radiator, it's a lot cheaper than a monthly car payment 12 months a year. One plan is to continue making your "car payments" for 3-4 months into a holiday savings account so you have money for tires, maintenance when needed. If used, then replace it.
There is a place online where you can get tires at a really good price, free shipping and 90 days same as cash...

Now just keep putting that car payment in savings. With good care to this car and a little bit of luck you can pay cash for your next one.

Forum List

Back