Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

Why do you hate the thought of other people having the freedom you benefit from?

I am all for people having freedom.

Provided it is in the right context. :cool:

You don't get to decide what 'context' other people's freedom takes, you ignorant, arrogance asshole. Why are you still in the west? If you want to live in an 'Islamic context', go to Iran. But, of course, you won't do that - because you don't really want to live under Islam... you want to have what you don't want others to have.... freedom.

You're a hypocrite..... and, yet again, you make a decent thread all about your moronic drivel. You really are a piece of shit.... whatever faith you purport to follow.

I almost posted in the comment section on yahoo that someone IN Bahrain is reporting from inside the zone and a link to here, but didn't know if I should.

Meanwhile....CNN is now reporting on it.

They beat some of them to capture video to justify what happen. this report shown on Bahrain TV after 12 hours from Pearl Square clearance.

The protesters should seek out the western journalists in Bahrain... talk to them, tell them your side.

I almost posted in the comment section on yahoo that someone IN Bahrain is reporting from inside the zone and a link to here, but didn't know if I should.

I don't see why you shouldn't.

I do know that a few journalists are watching a lot of the internet forums.... including ours, I suspect. Hopefully, they're reading bareed's input.

The dude being questioned right now is sure doing a lot of Hmmmm'ing and uh'ing. Being very careful to the pointed questions being asked.

American journalist wounded

medium_1297952422.jpg

At least 60 reported missing in Bahrain

Last edited by a moderator:
At least 60 reported missing in Bahrain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brh4FEuBSmw

It does not look good at all.

The word on the street is that the King of Bahrain is going the violent route with backing from Saudi Arabia and the other Arab autocracies.

Arab capitals braced for violence as unrest spreads

Killing of demonstrators in Bahrain and violence in Libya threaten an escalation of regional unrest

Bahraini-demonstrator-lie-007.jpg

Bahraini demonstrators say they want constitutional democracy, the release of political prisoners, more jobs and housing, and removal of the prime minister, Sheikh Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa, the king's uncle, who has been in office for 40 years.

A choice of the people. A constitutional democracy is a liberal one.

The government of the United States is called a constitutional democracy. It is a democracy because the government is based on the consent of the people. Further, the government operates according to the principle of majority rule. The people, for example, elect their representatives and senators in Congress by majority vote; and the members of Congress make laws according to majority rule.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/constitutional-democracy#ixzz1EGjMEcb5

We All need to be aware that Lives are put at Risk. Let's focus on the message, not assist in targeting Messengers.

Looks like the Bahrain protesters are mainly miscreants and malcontents only wanting to cause trouble. :evil:

Sort of like the Folks involved with The Cordoba Initiative, I get it. ;) You are so Right! Let's just sweep it under the rug, bodies and all! ;) Good Sunni. ;)

The brutal reaction of the authorities happened in the early hours of yesterday morning. Many of the protesters were asleep as riot police firing tear gas, buckshot and swinging clubs moved into the protest camp in the heart of the capital Manama.
Last night the city was effectively shut down with military checkpoints set up and Bahrainis instructed to stay off the streets.
The military announced a ban on gatherings, saying on state TV that it had ‘key parts’ of the capital under its control.
Police action was necessary to pull Bahrain back from the ‘brink of a sectarian abyss,’ the state’s foreign minister Sheikh Khaled bin Ahmed al-Khalifa said.
Last night Foreign Secretary William Hague said: ‘We are greatly concerned about the deaths that have occurred and... stress the need for peaceful action to address the concerns of protesters.’
Bahrain, which gained independence from the UK in 1971, is a pillar of Washington’s military framework in the region, hosting the U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet.

And there was more widespread violence across the Arab world yesterday.

At least 20 people were reported killed in Libya while more than 1,000 Yemenis clashed on the other side of the Arabian peninsula.

Meanwhile former Tunisian president Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali, ousted in a popular revolt last month, is in a grave condition in hospital in Saudi Arabia, a source said last night.

In Bahrain, Men, women and young children, many of who had been sleeping, were forced out of Pearl Square in the unannounced crackdown by police in tanks and armoured vehicles.
Medical officials said five people were killed in the pre-dawn assault on Pearl Square, which was littered with flattened tents, trampled banners and broken glass.

Read more: Bahrain protests: Four dead in Bahrain as riot police launch brutal crackdown | Mail Online

Read more: Bahrain protests: Four dead in Bahrain as riot police launch brutal crackdown | Mail Online

california girl, the freedom you keep braging about is rejected in bahrain. you want people to live like animals, only caring about their physical needs/desires only. Islam focuses on the freedom of the mind and soul from satanic desires which is something you dont understand. you want women to live like you moving from one bed to another and being ruled by satan. WE DO NOT WANT YOUR DISGUSTING FREEDOM. cant you understand that?

california girl, the freedom you keep braging about is rejected in bahrain. you want people to live like animals, only caring about their physical needs/desires only. Islam focuses on the freedom of the mind and soul from satanic desires which is something you dont understand. you want women to live like you moving from one bed to another and being ruled by satan. WE DO NOT WANT YOUR DISGUSTING FREEDOM. cant you understand that?

I'm a Catholic. I care very much about people's spiritual wellbeing. You just don't see that because you are so brainwashed by the hatefilled rhetoric of your Imams.

You cannot speak on behalf of all Muslims. You can only speak for yourself. Many of your fellow Muslims want that freedom - to be free to choose to follow whatever religion they decide to follow. To elect politicians who work for the people, not to line their own pockets and obtain wealth while other Muslims starve. You're just stuck in stupid... and it is your religion that keeps you there. Stay there. I don't care. And you are welcome to think whatever they tell you to think about me. I don't care about that either. But... you're wrong.... those millions of people rising up across the Middle East think you're wrong. Change is coming to your region. Whether you like it or not.

You are so selfish, if you like living like a house pet unable to do anything without the say of a man that is your choice but you have no place to speak for the 1 billion plus Muslims in this world, are you the spokeswoman for Muslims? no? than shut your fucking mouth. Your burka is wrapped so tight its cutting off the bloodflow to your brain.

The problem is that this is what the people of Iraq are fighting and dying for and that is their right.

Bahrain needs to have the right to choose.

You don't understand Democracy Sunni Man.

And if you are a convert, then shame on you twice.
Sometimes people fight and die for the wrong thing.

If these people are fighting for a secular Bahrain.

Then they are wasting their lives. :doubt:

Thats for them to decide not you.

you are only concerned about losing your hot women and everything related to your pleasure there.

Your only concern is radical Islam and spreading lies, fuck out of here. So far Western Christians have shown more concern for the Bahrainis than their fellow Muslims, shame on you.:eusa_hand:

as i mentioned before you are only concerned about your pleasure, your hot women and your booze. you are a double standard **** and you dont care about the bahrainis or any other arabs.

Yes and? how is it your business what do in my spare time for fun? you paying any of my bills there sweet tits? no? than shut your fucking cock hole. I guzzle 40 ounces, I have pre marital sex, I love fried pork chops with gravy, I smoke Newport 100's and I have a mean 3 point shot. You don't like it? thats your fucking problem, I don't answer to anyone on this fucking Earth, and definently not you ho. And another thing you want to talk about hot women and booze? talk about your Saudi college students who come to the US , they are the worst alcoholics and womanizers when they are living in the US. Saudis do a terrible job of resisting "infidel" temptations when they are away from the Kingdom.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So far on this thread me, California Girl and Ropey have shown more concern and sympathy for the people in Bahrain than their fellow Muslims have, but I am not surprised. Shame on you.

Last edited:
Top Obama administration officials urged restraint by the Bahraini government Thursday amid lethal political violence in the strategic Gulf state. The United States meanwhile is providing additional aid to Egypt to support a democratic transition.

Both Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Defense Secretary Robert Gates called their Bahraini counterparts Thursday to urge restraint by the long-time Gulf ally as it confronts protestors.

The Bahraini monarchy, which the United States has in the past praised for reform moves, has cracked down violently on local protests, with a police raid on anti-government demonstrators early Thursday leaving several people dead and many injured.

Speaking to reporters after briefing U.S. Senators on widening Middle East political unrest, Secretary Clinton said she called Foreign Minister Sheikh Khaled bin Ahmed al-Khalifa to directly convey deep U.S. concerns about the actions of Bahraini security forces.

US Urges Restraint in Bahrain Protests | Middle East | English

Forum List

Back