Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

I see the intellectually challenged still struggle with very simple things like copyright rules of the board. Scummy man perhaps thinks western copyright laws are not applicable to Muslims. Fucking idiot.
Why so much vitriol CG ??

She hates rejection.

What's worse is she keeps digging that hole she's in deeper and deeper.

Admiral Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, will visit Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Kuwait. He will also stop in Djibouti, where demonstrators inspired by revolts that toppled leaders in Egypt and Tunisia have clashed with riot police.

"Though this trip was planned well before the recent unrest in the region, the chairman will be interested to gain the perspectives of leaders here about these protest movements," said spokesman Capt. John Kirby.

Mullen, he added, will also "make clear his desire to see that peaceful protest be allowed to continue without threats or violence from any quarter and that restraint is shown by all sides in these disputes."

No further details on the trip were provided.

Mullen's itinerary did not include Bahrain, a cornerstone of U.S. military power in the Gulf and the site of deadly clashes between anti-government protesters and security forces last week. The United States regards Bahrain, home to the U.S. Navy's Fifth Fleet, as a bulwark against Shi'ite power Iran across the Gulf. (Reporting by Phil Stewart; editing by Todd Eastham)

U.S. military chief visits Gulf, to urge restraint | News by Country | Reuters

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrL-8EwhdRA"]Protesters in London support Bahrain uprising[/ame]

I see the intellectually challenged still struggle with very simple things like copyright rules of the board. Scummy man perhaps thinks western copyright laws are not applicable to Muslims. Fucking idiot.

Yes, I'm stupid and you're smart.

Happy Now???

This may come as a shock to you but my posts are not always about you..... Get over yourself. I was referring to "Sunni". He pasted a whole article.

Bahrain’s trade unions have called off a national strike, urging all workers in the public and private sectors to return to work today (February 21).

The General Federation of Bahrain Trade Unions (GFBTU) had spearheaded the strike called for yesterday, but later cancelled it - saying its demands were met.

It held an urgent meeting at its premises in Adliya, where members decided not to go on with their plans for a strike.

The federation had announced on Saturday that several trade unions under its umbrella would go on a strike in light of recent events.

"We decided to call off the plan to continue this nationwide strike as our demands were fulfilled by authorities," said GFBTU secretary-general Salman Mahfoodh.

Demands included tanks to be removed from the streets and people allowed to protest freely.

The strike proposal was mooted by unionists after violent escalations at Pearl Roundabout that resulted in fatalities last week.

Mahfoodh said they received overwhelming response yesterday from union leaders in the private and public sectors.

"We saw several teachers, lawyers and municipality workers backing the national strike," he said. "They attended the protest at Pearl Roundabout and gave speeches.

"I urge all employers to be considerate with their employees, who have participated in these protests since last week. They are expressing their opinion and should not be dismissed from their jobs or face any disciplinary action."

Mahfoodh said GFBTU was not diverting from labour issues to political ones by supporting the protesters, as some of the demands were social and economic in nature.

Bahrain trade unions call off strike

Bahrain’s trade unions have called off a national strike, urging all workers in the public and private sectors to return to work today (February 21).

The General Federation of Bahrain Trade Unions (GFBTU) had spearheaded the strike called for yesterday, but later cancelled it - saying its demands were met.

It held an urgent meeting at its premises in Adliya, where members decided not to go on with their plans for a strike.

The federation had announced on Saturday that several trade unions under its umbrella would go on a strike in light of recent events.

"We decided to call off the plan to continue this nationwide strike as our demands were fulfilled by authorities," said GFBTU secretary-general Salman Mahfoodh.

Demands included tanks to be removed from the streets and people allowed to protest freely.

The strike proposal was mooted by unionists after violent escalations at Pearl Roundabout that resulted in fatalities last week.

Mahfoodh said they received overwhelming response yesterday from union leaders in the private and public sectors.

"We saw several teachers, lawyers and municipality workers backing the national strike," he said. "They attended the protest at Pearl Roundabout and gave speeches.

"I urge all employers to be considerate with their employees, who have participated in these protests since last week. They are expressing their opinion and should not be dismissed from their jobs or face any disciplinary action."

Mahfoodh said GFBTU was not diverting from labour issues to political ones by supporting the protesters, as some of the demands were social and economic in nature.

Bahrain trade unions call off strike

My impression is that things are calming down now that their government is behaving in a more reasonable way. That's great. Let's hope that they can negotiate a way forward that delivers what changes the people of Bahrain want.

The UK Prime Minister has, today, arrived in Egypt - apparently, to assist in a road map to democracy. Let's hope that goes well and the MB are kept on a leash.

No wonder Bahrain is having troubles.

Their Ambassador to the U.S. is a Jewish woman.

The government has basically let the fox into the hen house.

"Houda Ezra Ebrahim Nonoo (also Hoda Nono; Arabic: هدى عزرا نونو*) is the Bahraini Ambassador to the United States. She was appointed to the position by decree of Foreign Affairs Minister Khaled Ben Ahmad Al-Khalifa. Nounou is the first Jewish person, and third woman, to be appointed ambassador of Bahrain."

Houda Nonoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No wonder Bahrain is having troubles.

Their Ambassador to the U.S. is a Jewish woman.

The government has basically let the fox into the hen house.

"Houda Ezra Ebrahim Nonoo (also Hoda Nono; Arabic: هدى عزرا نونو*) is the Bahraini Ambassador to the United States. She was appointed to the position by decree of Foreign Affairs Minister Khaled Ben Ahmad Al-Khalifa. Nounou is the first Jewish person, and third woman, to be appointed ambassador of Bahrain."

Houda Nonoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wow, An Arabic Sovereign Nation chose a Jewish Woman as Their Ambassador to The US. Pretty Remarkable. :clap2:

It get's even more pathetic.

King of Bahrain Appoints Jewish Woman to Parliament

"The new Jewish member of the house, Nancy Khadhori, will replace a prior Jewish member, Huda Nono, who left to become Bahrain’s first female Jewish Ambassador to the United States.

Prior to Nono’s tenure in the parliament, the seat was filled by her cousin Ibrahim, who served in the chamber for four years."

King of Bahrain Appoints Jewish Woman to Parliament - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

It get's even more pathetic.

King of Bahrain Appoints Jewish Woman to Parliament

"The new Jewish member of the house, Nancy Khadhori, will replace a prior Jewish member, Huda Nono, who left to become Bahrain’s first female Jewish Ambassador to the United States.

Prior to Nono’s tenure in the parliament, the seat was filled by her cousin Ibrahim, who served in the chamber for four years."

King of Bahrain Appoints Jewish Woman to Parliament - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

Hmmm..... :eusa_hand:

Having zionist Jews with ties to Israel participate in your nations government is just asking for problems. :eek:

Isn't it the business of Each Nation to Choose whomever it wills? What was the reasoning for the Appointment? What were the reasons against the Appointment? What are Her Qualifications? What do you find detrimental? Is this about what is best for the Nation, or is it about Genetic Cleansing? I'm impressed that Bahrain was willing to step outside of the Norm here, at least on the surface.

Having zionist Jews with ties to Israel participate in your nations government is just asking for problems. :eek:

Isn't it the business of Each Nation to Choose whomever it wills? What was the reasoning for the Appointment? What were the reasons against the Appointment? What are Her Qualifications? What do you find detrimental? Is this about what is best for the Nation, or is it about Genetic Cleansing? I'm impressed that Bahrain was willing to step outside of the Norm here, at least on the surface.

There's a pattern emerging here.... all Jews are zionist Jews according to "Sunni". Me thinks he has 'issues' with Jewish people generally. Just sayin'.

There's a pattern emerging here.... all Jews are zionist Jews according to "Sunni". Me thinks he has 'issues' with Jewish people generally. Just sayin'.

OMG!!! :eek: :eusa_whistle: :lol:

I have nothing against jewish people in general.

They are a very clever and industrious people with a creative sense of humor.

And Judaism is a beautiful and wonderful religion.

I only have a problem with zionist jews who support the terrorist state of Israel.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back