Peaceful protesters killed in Bahrain today

Last week i share pain pics here... and now let me share pleasure today...

24 Feb, 2011 - Newspaper & Breakfast

033.jpg

075.jpg

069.jpg

062.jpg

085.jpg

112.jpg

088.jpg

073.jpg

044.jpg

031.jpg

022.jpg

016.jpg

036.jpg

006.jpg

051.jpg

082.jpg

035.jpg

077.jpg

058.jpg

111.jpg

I really hope things turn out well, but I seriously doubt it.

If these countries become anti-American theocracies then I'll expect an apology.

If they live peacefully and maintain Democracies like you say, then I will admit it was all worth it.

That's not what the trends show.

Egypt already has radical Muslims re-writing their constitution. I'm sure the press will hide the effects from us out of fear they will look like they were wrong. Only time will tell.

When oil producing states cut off oil sales we'll know, but by then it will be too late.

What we are looking for here is the Triumph of Decency, Justice, and Fair Play, over Tyranny and Injustice, in the Human Spirit.

Bahrain protests: A point of no return for ruling family – and Obama

The Bahraini security forces’ assault on peaceful demonstrators and the unprecedented protests in Pearl Square laid bare any doubts that Bahrain's ruling Al Khalifa family now faces the gravest test of its legitimacy in more than a decade and quite possibly in its reign.

Middle East could pivot on Bahrain protests In many ways, current developments signal a point of no return. The principal Shiite political bloc has disengaged from parliament, creating broad new constituencies for militancy. The regime has shifted its tactics from violent suppression to conciliatory gestures like the release of political prisoners and attempts at dialogue. But popular fury and cynicism against the ruling family has reached unparalleled levels, sharpening divisions between Sunnis and Shiites.

The window for reconciliation and dialogue is rapidly closing as the country slides back to the dark shadows of the mid-1990s, when an intifada shook the tiny kingdom for five years. It left scores dead and inflicted lasting damage on the economy.

The current crisis also tests America’s moral standing in a rapidly changing Middle East. While the Obama administration has made immediate demands on the royal family to halt the violence and preserve remaining channels for reform, there is more to be done.

A new approach might pursue three objectives. 1) Condemn the crackdown and the regime’s mischaracterization of the opposition (which President Obama has done). 2) Urge that King Hamad launch an investigation into the conduct of the security forces and end the recruitment of non-Bahrainis. 3) And most important, take immediate steps to re-empower the Bahraini parliament and alleviate the material grievances that have galvanized the opposition.

Bahrain protests: A point of no return for ruling family

We are plaining to Civil Disobedience starting from tomorrow Sunday 27 Feb.

(Reuters) - Tens of thousands of mainly Shi'ite Bahrainis gathered in Manama on Friday, declared as a day of mourning by the government, in one of the biggest anti-government protests since unrest erupted 10 days ago.

Thousands stage anti-government protest in Bahrain | Reuters

Prayer, Principle, Reason. Humility. God First in All Things. Stay open to Dialog. Study.

Avalon Project - Ancient Documents : ? - 399

The marches followed a sermon by a senior Shiite cleric who said that any dialogue between anti-government protesters and the kingdom’s rulers must lead to clear reforms and changes.

In the sermon at a Shiite village mosque in the anti-government hotbed of Diraz, Imam Isa Qassim called for talks that are “clear, comprehensive and productive.” He said demonstrators want guarantees on what would be accomplished by the talks.

“We don’t want dialogue for the sake of dialogue, we don’t want dialogue to waste time or to absorb anger,” Qassim told worshippers. “We want a meaningful, viable and sustainable process. ... We seek a fundamental change to the current political process based on legitimate demands.”

Bahrain’s Sunni rulers have offered to talk with Shiite opposition groups to try to defuse the showdown, but the opposition has been slow to answer the call.

The opposition appears split in its aims, with some seeking greater democratic reforms, including the removal of the long-serving prime minister — the king’s uncle.

Others, however, are demanding the ouster of the ruling regime altogether.

Bahrain king dismisses three Cabinet ministers - Arab News

Do you want to displace the Ruling Class reversing the Roles, becoming the Oppressor, or do you want Fundamental Change. Borrow the concept of Structured Liberty, building on that which is already in place, that does in fact serve Justice, at least that which withstands scrutiny. Be aware of what is in danger of being thrown away, that is of value. Chaos and Anarchy, you want to avoid, you will not be able to control who Martyred, nor to what end. Pray for Guidance and True Reconciliation, think about what is important, that is your starting point.

(Reuters) - Tens of thousands of mainly Shi'ite Bahrainis gathered in Manama on Friday, declared as a day of mourning by the government, in one of the biggest anti-government protests since unrest erupted 10 days ago.

What are you protesting? :eusa_eh:

I'm clueless here. Enlighten me.

I would guess for more Participation and Representation in Government.

Bahrain protests demand political change

Anti-government protests are continuing in the Persian Gulf kingdom of Bahrain. Demonstrators blockaded the National Assembly, Bahrain’s rubber-stamp parliament, on Monday. Crowds of thousands are still occupying Pearl Square, the focus for demonstrators in the capital city, Manama.

Thousands of protesters also gathered on Monday in front of the Interior Ministry, home of Bahrain’s hated security forces, to demand the release of all political prisoners. A crowd of several hundred also gathered outside the headquarters of the state broadcaster yesterday, voicing their opposition to pro-government bias in its reporting.

Protesters in Pearl Square and throughout Manama demanded the resignation of the government, democratic parliamentary elections and a new constitution.

Thousands of demonstrators gathered outside the National Assembly as its 40-member upper chamber, appointed by King Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa, convened to discuss the protests that have gripped Bahrain for over two weeks. They blockaded the building for several hours.

Several thousand people have occupied Pearl Square since the army and police attacked protesters there February 18.

Eight demonstrators are believed to have been killed in Bahrain since the protests began February 14, the first mass street demonstrations in the Gulf sheikdoms since the uprisings in Tunisia and Egypt. An estimated 3,000 protesters have been injured and hundreds of opposition figures imprisoned by Bahraini authorities.

Bahrain protests demand political change

What are you protesting? :eusa_eh:

I'm clueless here. Enlighten me.

I would guess for more Participation and Representation in Government.
so, they want a representative republic?

Forum List

Back