Pelosi turning over a new leaf??? HA!

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Pelosi backs expanding Dem leadership positions in House

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is calling for more engagement with younger lawmakers within the ranks of House Democrats as she faces a leadership challenge from Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio).

In a letter to colleagues, Pelosi lays out a list of changes to leadership rolls as the party prepares for President-elect Donald Trump to take office with a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate.

Her proposals include creating vice chair positions on each committee to be filled by members who have served on the committee for fewer than four terms. She also put forth a provision that would make the Assistant to the Leader role an elected one, served by a member who has been in Congress for fewer than three terms.

"I want to move this along as quickly as possible — not hastily, because we want to get input from everybody — but as quickly as possible because we have some real issues to deal with,” Pelosi told Politico on an interview Monday.

The letter comes as Ryan, Pelosi’s challenger for the party’s top position in the House, argues that Democrats need to act soon to remain, in his words, “a national party.”

“I’m pulling the fire alarm right now is what I’m doing in the Democratic Party. I believe we’re in denial of what’s happened. I’m pulling the fire alarm because the house is burning down,” Ryan told Fox Business Network Monday. "And we better get our act together or we’re going to cease being a national party. We’re going to be a regional party that fails to get into the majority and fails to do things on behalf of those working class people that were the backbone of the Democratic Party for so long.”

Pelosi, who has served as the minority leader since 2011, is taking a page out of her 2006 playbook, when she served as Speaker after the Democrats took control of the House.

“In the course of my conversations with Members, I was especially interested in their desire to have a stronger role in their committees. This is music to my ears, because that is exactly what was essential to our success in 2006,” she wrote in the Monday letter.

Pelosi argued in the letter that Democrats need to prepare for the fight against Republicans on issues like Medicare and stop Trump’s proposed infrastructure plan.

"I'm not asking anyone to support me for what I have done, one thing or another, whether it's politics or policy or money. I'm asking them to support me on what I will do in the future,” she said in the interview with Politico.

Pelosi backs expanding Dem leadership positions in House

Pelosi turning over a new leaf? She claims she wants more input from younger members of he party in the House. Ha! All she knows is going into a locked office with her pals. A leopard doesn't change its spots.
C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

© Greg Nash

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is calling for more engagement with younger lawmakers within the ranks of House Democrats as she faces a leadership challenge from Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio).

In a letter to colleagues, Pelosi lays out a list of changes to leadership rolls as the party prepares for President-elect Donald Trump to take office with a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate.

Her proposals include creating vice chair positions on each committee to be filled by members who have served on the committee for fewer than four terms. She also put forth a provision that would make the Assistant to the Leader role an elected one, served by a member who has been in Congress for fewer than three terms.

"I want to move this along as quickly as possible — not hastily, because we want to get input from everybody — but as quickly as possible because we have some real issues to deal with,” Pelosi told Politico on an interview Monday.

The letter comes as Ryan, Pelosi’s challenger for the party’s top position in the House, argues that Democrats need to act soon to remain, in his words, “a national party.”

“I’m pulling the fire alarm right now is what I’m doing in the Democratic Party. I believe we’re in denial of what’s happened. I’m pulling the fire alarm because the house is burning down,” Ryan told Fox Business Network Monday. "And we better get our act together or we’re going to cease being a national party. We’re going to be a regional party that fails to get into the majority and fails to do things on behalf of those working class people that were the backbone of the Democratic Party for so long.”

Pelosi, who has served as the minority leader since 2011, is taking a page out of her 2006 playbook, when she served as Speaker after the Democrats took control of the House.

“In the course of my conversations with Members, I was especially interested in their desire to have a stronger role in their committees. This is music to my ears, because that is exactly what was essential to our success in 2006,” she wrote in the Monday letter.

Pelosi argued in the letter that Democrats need to prepare for the fight against Republicans on issues like Medicare and stop Trump’s proposed infrastructure plan.

"I'm not asking anyone to support me for what I have done, one thing or another, whether it's politics or policy or money. I'm asking them to support me on what I will do in the future,” she said in the interview with Politico.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/307152-pelosi-backs-expanding-dem-leadership-position

Pelosi turning over a new leaf? All she knows is going into a locked office with her pals to make policy. She is now getting desperate.

The Ds have 12 states sewn up most of which are in big financial trouble, 3-6 states that are legitimately swing states but increasingly they do not show up for mid-terms and off year state or local elections. Their economic base is highly mobile and destructive of the financial security of the states that they reside in. Their base of underclass and overclass is noted for the minimum maintenance of the underclass so that is not stable either. At this point the choices are rearranging the deck chairs as their ship goes down or the circular firing squad.

Forum List

Back