Pentagon To Announce Equal Benefits For Married Gay Couples

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

The Pentagon is expected to announce Wednesday that married gay military service members and their spouses will be offered the same benefits as straight married couples as early as September, NBC News reported.

Also included in the announcement will reportedly be a "marraige leave" program for gay couples. Service members stationed in one of the 37 states where gay marriage is illegal will be allowed to take up to 10 days of leave to travel to one of the 13 states or Washington, D.C. where gay marriage is legal.

Good news!

Also included in the announcement will reportedly be a "marraige leave" program for gay couples. Service members stationed in one of the 37 states where gay marriage is illegal will be allowed to take up to 10 days of leave to travel to one of the 13 states or Washington, D.C. where gay marriage is legal.

I love how these benefits are being offered without going through Congress first. And giving free leave to get married? BullShit.

I love how these benefits are being offered without going through Congress first. And giving free leave to get married? BullShit.

Why do they need to go to congress to offer the same benefits heterosexuals get?

The Pentagon is expected to announce Wednesday that married gay military service members and their spouses will be offered the same benefits as straight married couples as early as September, NBC News reported.

Good news!

Yep...been keeping track so we can change our survivor benefits paperwork

Why do they need to go to congress to offer the same benefits heterosexuals get?

Until this announcement there was no such thing as "marriage leave".

If you wanted to get married, you took regular leave, if you had any saved. Or you got married on Friday and went back to work on Monday.

If you wanted to get married, you took regular leave, if you had any saved. Or you got married on Friday and went back to work on Monday.

You think they won't be charged leave? And we used to grant leave for marriage/honeymoon all the time. They got charged from their 30 days a year, of course.

(Rhetorical) Why the animosity toward same-sex couples.

Why do they need to go to Congress for anything? Oh that's right, they don't!

The U.N. runs the US Military, Obama said so! :lol:

Now Gays can get killed making sure drugs get shipped in from Afghanistan!

USA! USA! USA! :lol:

Why do they need to go to Congress for anything? Oh that's right, they don't!

The U.N. runs the US Military, Obama said so! :lol:

Now Gays can get killed making sure drugs get shipped in from Afghanistan!

USA! USA! USA! :lol:

Okay? :cuckoo:

This is political I thought the government was sequestered? Now money is being used for this shit? TAX PAYERS ON THE HOOK AGAIN

You think they won't be charged leave? And we used to grant leave for marriage/honeymoon all the time. They got charged from their 30 days a year, of course.

That's not what the Article is stating.

Why can't you just exchange "vows" in an email to the marriage authority...the whole thing is a farce anyway.

Civil Marriage is a farce?

Gay marriage is a farce. Civil legal arrangements would suffice if secular government officials need to help satisfy the sexual desires of those who choose a different path to orgasm...and provide security and healthcare to said orgasm buddy.

Last edited:
As I thought. Non-Chargeable leave. BullShit.

Gays In Military Given Leave for Marriage Travel | Military.com

Gay and lesbian service members assigned more than 100 miles from a state where same-sex marriages are legal, or assigned overseas, will be granted extra days of leave to travel where they can marry legally, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Wednesday.

The special homosexual "marriage leave" accommodation, effective immediately and allowable only once in a member’s career, won’t count against 30 days annual leave every active duty member earns.

Non-chargeable leave of up to seven days will be granted if the gay or lesbian member is assigned inside the continental United States. Those wishing to marry while assigned outside of the continental U.S will get up to 10 days of extra leave.

This is political I thought the government was sequestered? Now money is being used for this shit? TAX PAYERS ON THE HOOK AGAIN

So, you don't want the military supporting their soldiers and sailors having stable marriage lives?

As I thought. Non-Chargeable leave. BullShit.

Gays In Military Given Leave for Marriage Travel | Military.com

Gay and lesbian service members assigned more than 100 miles from a state where same-sex marriages are legal, or assigned overseas, will be granted extra days of leave to travel where they can marry legally, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced Wednesday.

The special homosexual "marriage leave" accommodation, effective immediately and allowable only once in a member’s career, won’t count against 30 days annual leave every active duty member earns.

Non-chargeable leave of up to seven days will be granted if the gay or lesbian member is assigned inside the continental United States. Those wishing to marry while assigned outside of the continental U.S will get up to 10 days of extra leave.

Well, THAT I disagree with. It should be charged. 30 days a year is a lot. Should not be a hardship.

Forum List

Back